Author Topic: Kevin McAleenan, new acting DHS boss, has long record in border security  (Read 256 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kevin McAleenan, new acting DHS boss, has long record in border security

By Frank Miles | Fox News

President Trump revealed in a tweet Sunday that U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Commissioner Kevin McAleenan will become the acting head of Homeland Security, the sprawling department of 240,000 people, following the resignation of Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen.

Donald J. Trump
    ✔
    @realDonaldTrump
     Â· 15h

Secretary of Homeland Security Kirstjen Nielsen will be leaving her position, and I would like to thank her for her service....

Donald J. Trump
    ✔
    @realDonaldTrump

....I am pleased to announce that Kevin McAleenan, the current U.S. Customs and Border Protection Commissioner, will become Acting Secretary for @DHSgov. I have confidence that Kevin will do a great job!
    5:02 PM - Apr 7, 2019

McAleenan is a longtime border officer, reflecting Trump’s priority for the department initially founded to combat terrorism after the Sept. 11 attacks. Fox News is told Trump wanted the “toughest cop” around on border security, and McAleenan fit the bill.

Administration sources tell Fox News that McAleenan needs to be able to handle the politics involved and change minds on Capitol Hill before he could be seen as potentially taking the job of DHS secretary permanently.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new-acting-homeland-security-head-well-respected-longtime-border-officer
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Administration sources tell Fox News that McAleenan needs to be able to handle the politics involved and change minds on Capitol Hill before he could be seen as potentially taking the job of DHS secretary permanently.

"Handle the politics"?  Is that code for "won't really try to stop illegal immigration"?

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
"Handle the politics"?  Is that code for "won't really try to stop illegal immigration"?

He worked for Obama and Bush previously.  I am not sure he is going to be a hardliner on immigration.  More concerned about the humanitarian care of illegal aliens?  We'll see.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.