Author Topic: What In the World Has Happened To The America We Grew Up In?  (Read 380 times)

rangerrebew

What In the World Has Happened To The America We Grew Up In?
« on: April 08, 2019, 11:01:21 am »
What In the World Has Happened To The America We Grew Up In?
Michael Snyder April 6, 2019

Earlier today, my attention was directed to a thread on an Internet discussion forum that lamented how much America had changed over the years.  I don’t know exactly why, but the posts on that thread really touched me.  Those of us that are old enough to remember what America was like before the Internet grew up in a much simpler time.  Yes, we didn’t have all of the luxuries that we take for granted in 2019, but we found joy in the simple things and people were generally much happier.  Today, we seemingly have so much going for us, and yet people are lonelier, more disconnected and more depressed than ever before.  The suicide rate in the United States is up 34 percent since the year 2000, approximately 40 million American adults have an anxiety disorder, and overdosing on drugs is now the leading cause of death for Americans under the age of 50.  Clearly, our society is not heading in the right direction.

So that probably explains why a thread entitled “I Cry When I Think Back How Things Used To Be” got my attention so much.  This is what the author of the thread posted…

https://freedomoutpost.com/what-in-the-world-has-happened-to-the-america-we-grew-up-in/

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: What In the World Has Happened To The America We Grew Up In?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 01:04:28 am »
If it weren't for the medical advances we have made, I'd prefer to go back to 1954.

Take me back... and leave me there.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 04:18:39 am »
Another retard baby boomer old fart post. Complaining about the internet... on the internet!

People still talk to each other on porches and such. How many old fart boomers do nothing but sit on their chair and watch fox news?

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 04:28:49 am »
Anyone who thinks things are going normal in what the Democrats are bringing to the table must not be paying attention. Yes, I feel like it is very much a threat and we are fighting for the soul of our nation.

But in saying that... maybe not every generation but I do think there is always some turmoil going down. The '60s saw a number of high-profile figures gunned down, desegregation. Riots...

At wikipedia there is a list of incidences of civil unrest. It's surprising to examine it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_incidents_of_civil_unrest_in_the_United_States

My view, is the world may be getting better; but as I said, I worry about some things, mainly progressivism. The Dems don't care how they get an advantage, this Russia hoax shows how low they will stoop and I hope justice can be be served.

It was probably an attempted coup like people like Levin say and in a lot of countries, these people would be sitting in jail. It has been the ultimate abuse of power, those who plotted it. I'm not really on Mueller's case.