Author Topic: American tourist, driver abducted in Uganda released by captors, officials say  (Read 476 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
American tourist, driver abducted in Uganda released by captors, officials say
By Katherine Lam | Fox News

American tourist Kimberly Sue Endicott and her safari guide were freed days after a group of men kidnapped them at gunpoint in Uganda’s Queen Elizabeth National Park and demanded a ransom for their safe release, officials said Sunday.

Endicott and the driver, Jean-Paul Mirenge Remezo, were freed from their captors and are in "good health," Uganda Police Force said on Twitter Sunday. The kidnappers had used Endicott’s phone to demand a $500,000 ransom for the safe return of the duo, but it's unclear if the money was paid.

Endicott and the guide were rescued alive in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), said Ofwono Opondo P'Odel, the executive director of Uganda's Public Communications. The national park is near the border of the DRC.

Read more at: https://www.foxnews.com/world/american-tourist-driver-abducted-in-uganda-released-by-captors-officials-say

This is great news, I believe this story was posted on Saturday You think, kidnapped in Africa? That sounds like a lost cause... and she was kidnapped in Uganda but rescued in DR Congo?

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
To update this story, I believe they are saying, they "probably" paid the kidnappers $500,000 dollars, the kidnapped and her driver were rescued. The criminals fled. We will see if there are any new developments.

Offline Idiot

To update this story, I believe they are saying, they "probably" paid the kidnappers $500,000 dollars, the kidnapped and her driver were rescued. The criminals fled. We will see if there are any new developments.
On the news this morning they mentioned that they paid way less than the $500,000 to be released.  I doubt I'll be going on any safari anytime soon...lol.

Offline thackney

On the news this morning they mentioned that they paid way less than the $500,000 to be released.  I doubt I'll be going on any safari anytime soon...lol.

Maybe they paid 500,000 Ugandan Shillings.

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
"Hey, let's go to Uganda"
"Hey, let me think about that for a while. No"
Countdown to Resignation

Online mountaineer

"Hey, let's go to Uganda"
"Hey, let me think about that for a while. No"
Just a dandy place for a white American female to vacation by herself.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org