Author Topic: Romania: "New World Order" The "Natural Family" Franchise Goes Global.  (Read 286 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
"New World Order" – ERSTE Stiftung
Claudia Ciobanu
28-35 minutes

Feature
The "Natural Family" Franchise Goes Global.

First gay marriage, then liberal democracy… As a global ultra-conservative movement brings its war of values to the Balkans, autocrats are paying attention.

At Saint Spyridon the New Church, the largest Orthodox church in Bucharest, the priest had an important message for his congregation. “This is one of those moments in history when true Christians are separated from the chaff,” he told worshipers during a two-hour mass, as children played on the floor in front of the altar. “Those who consider themselves Christians must speak out today.”

It was the Sunday of a weekend-long referendum in October on rewording Romania’s constitution to redefine marriage as an institution only available to heterosexual couples. Turnout had been low and priests across the country were rallying the faithful. Outside a polling station in the bustling centre of Bucharest, some heeded the call. “I’m sure we’ll succeed,” Damian Joita, a 20-year-old law student, said after voting for the change. “I’ve never been prouder to be Romanian than today.”

Read more at: http://www.erstestiftung.org/en/new-world-order/

I like to get some of these websites logged on until I find out more. It looks like a harmless website. I'm not sure if I'd call it conservative but the reporting looks straight-forward.