Author Topic: President Donald Trump's Speech at Republican Jewish Coalition in Las Vegas  (Read 791 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

President Donald Trump's Speech at Republican Jewish Coalition in Las Vegas
Golden State Times, Apr 6, 2019, YouTube

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1EUXSboCn4

Offline libertybele

He can hold all the rallies and give all the speeches he wants.  His continual backpedaling on the border crisis speaks volumes.  He has absolutely no credibility left.  The wall and amnesty is what won him the presidency. Quite frankly, I find those who continue to throw their support towards him regardless of what he does as pathetic.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
He can hold all the rallies and give all the speeches he wants.  His continual backpedaling on the border crisis speaks volumes.  He has absolutely no credibility left.  The wall and amnesty is what won him the presidency. Quite frankly, I find those who continue to throw their support towards him regardless of what he does as pathetic.

And not helpfull at all.  He needs supporters to hold his feet to the fire.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

And yet, despite all the ways his hands are tied @libertybele the President remains the only elected official working to fix the problem.

So, yeah, let's kick this man.  Good plan.  Good, damn plan.   88devil

And not helpfull at all.  He needs supporters to hold his feet to the fire.

And you know what is and is not happening, how?

Offline Chosen Daughter

And yet, despite all the ways his hands are tied @libertybele the President remains the only elected official working to fix the problem.

Really?  Seems to me he signed off on amnesty. He also signed that he couldn't build the kind of wall that he had planned to build. (prototypes) He is confined to replacing wall sections with the same kind of wall that was there before.  He signed to allow illegal immigrants to sponsor children coming without parents.  He signed that local government can deny wall on the border if they don't want it. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Really?  Seems to me he signed off on amnesty. He also signed that he couldn't build the kind of wall that he had planned to build. (prototypes) He is confined to replacing wall sections with the same kind of wall that was there before.  He signed to allow illegal immigrants to sponsor children coming without parents.  He signed that local government can deny wall on the border if they don't want it.

You're really angry with Congress.  How I pray someday you'll garner the political acumen to know this.

And what the hell difference does a 20 foot concrete wall matter.  If a 20 foot slated wall allows the damn butterflies and birds to get through AND works better for border security.... why get so bent out of all damn shape about it?  How the hell is this helpful?

Offline libertybele

Try to open your eyes, instead of assuming that Trump bears no blame.  It IS a fact that he waited until just days before the new Congress was sworn in to make a push for a barrier/wall.  He called in the media to his meeting between Chuck and Nancy that accomplished nothing, then he threatened to shutdown the gov't and then he finally did.  ALL accomplishing nothing because he caved.  He then signed a crap bill allowing states to opt out of a barrier.  He then threatens to declare a national emergency.  He finally declares a national emergency and does nothing.  He then threatens Mexico that he will shutdown the border if they don't comply with helping to curtail the invasion at the border.  He then backpedals on that threat and tells Mexico that he's going to give them a year to comply.   ALL of this is Trump's doing. Meanwhile, thousands keep pouring over our border. Yep, good damn plan alright.  Not!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Try to open your eyes, instead of assuming that Trump bears no blame.  It IS a fact that he waited until just days before the new Congress was sworn in to make a push for a barrier/wall.  He called in the media to his meeting between Chuck and Nancy that accomplished nothing, then he threatened to shutdown the gov't and then he finally did.  ALL accomplishing nothing because he caved.  He then signed a crap bill allowing states to opt out of a barrier.  He then threatens to declare a national emergency.  He finally declares a national emergency and does nothing.  He then threatens Mexico that he will shutdown the border if they don't comply with helping to curtail the invasion at the border.  He then backpedals on that threat and tells Mexico that he's going to give them a year to comply.   ALL of this is Trump's doing. Meanwhile, thousands keep pouring over our border. Yep, good damn plan alright.  Not!

If you'd like me to read and comment on your rants, use paragraphs.  They're your friends.   happy77

Offline Victoria33

@libertybele

Excellent summary of the facts.  Thanks for your post.

Offline Chosen Daughter

You're really angry with Congress.  How I pray someday you'll garner the political acumen to know this.

And what the hell difference does a 20 foot concrete wall matter.  If a 20 foot slated wall allows the damn butterflies and birds to get through AND works better for border security.... why get so bent out of all damn shape about it?  How the hell is this helpful?

Looks to me like scaling bollard fencing is easy.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=illegal+immigrants+going+through+bollard+fencing&FORM=HDRSC2

Don't tell me birds can't fly over walls.  Ridiculous. 

I am angry with Congress but more angry with Trump for not doing anything before Democrats took Congress.  I am angry because Trump excuses himself every time he does something he said he wouldn't do.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Looks to me like scaling bollard fencing is easy.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=illegal+immigrants+going+through+bollard+fencing&FORM=HDRSC2

That's impossible, because Trump promised it was made out of magical stuff called anti-climb. He has to be right, because he's smart. He tells us all the time.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frandia

20/20 hindsight is the best vision. Having said that, what you posted is undeniably true.

Offline Night Hides Not

If you'd like me to read and comment on your rants, use paragraphs.  They're your friends.   happy77

Weak sauce, @Right_in_Virginia . Perhaps this could have broken into two paragraphs, but we're just quibbling. Your defenses of Trump are losing steam, as the facts of his back peddling and changing positions are overwhelming the brief, blunt messaging found in his tweets and stump speeches.

Congress is a problem, but Trump should have looked to Reagan for guidance on how to deal with a Democrat controlled House. Yeah, my favorite President ever got rolled on Simpson-Mazzioli, but he accomplished far more of substance than Trump has to date.

Trump volunteered for the job, just as each one of his predecessors. He needs to step up and lead, and herd the cats in the Legislative Branch, to get more things done for the country.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline edpc

Congress is a problem, but Trump should have looked to Reagan for guidance on how to deal with a Democrat controlled House.

The main difference being, Reagan was a two-term governor of a large state and had to work with the legislature to get things accomplished. Trump had no previous experience in that. He’s not even a CEO in the true sense, because he didn’t have a board or shareholders to which he had to answer.  It also helped that Reagan had an actual message and really believed in it. You cannot say the same thing about Weathervane Donny.

Offline Night Hides Not

The main difference being, Reagan was a two-term governor of a large state and had to work with the legislature to get things accomplished. Trump had no previous experience in that. He’s not even a CEO in the true sense, because he didn’t have a board or shareholders to which he had to answer.  It also helped that Reagan had an actual message and really believed in it. You cannot say the same thing about Weathervane Donny.

Agreed...Reagan had core (conservative) values that he formulated and nurtured over the course of his life. I identified with that, and was able to articulate my support for him in a reasoned and serious way. My neighbors were convinced that he would start WWIII, but they didn't know the man like I did. I explained to them during the weeks leading up to the 1980 election those values that Reagan embodied. I also used my understanding of history to demonstrate how the world was a safer place when America is strong, a central theme that Reagan espoused.

I almost forgot (not really) that my neighbors were German, as I was living in a small town in the Mosel Region. Thanks to living there for nearly 4 years by then, I was sufficiently conversational in German to converse with them entirely in the native language.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline edpc

I almost forgot (not really) that my neighbors were German, as I was living in a small town in the Mosel Region. Thanks to living there for nearly 4 years by then, I was sufficiently conversational in German to converse with them entirely in the native language.

As a youngster, I remember hearing about the all important Fulda Gap. Where were you, in relation?

Offline Night Hides Not

As a youngster, I remember hearing about the all important Fulda Gap. Where were you, in relation?

I was on the other side of Germany, about an hour from the Luxembourg border. My battalion's mission was air base defense, for 3 NATO air bases: Bitburg, Spangdahlem, and Hahn. It was a unique unit, my battery at Hahn was 45 miles from Battalion HQ.

It was a great assignment...lots of stories, all of which remain interesting only to me...lol.