Author Topic: Obama worries that progressives risk creating ‘circular firing squad’  (Read 432 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Obama worries that progressives risk creating ‘circular firing squad’
By Adam Shaw | Fox News

Former President Barack Obama said on Saturday that he is worried that progressives are creating a “circular firing squad” as prospective Democratic presidential candidates race to the left on a number of hot topic issues ahead of the 2020 election.

“The way we structure democracy requires you to take into account people who don’t agree with you,” he said at an Obama Foundation town hall event in Berlin, according to The New York Post. “And that by definition means you’re not going to get 100 percent of what you want.”

“One of the things I do worry about sometimes among progressives … we start sometimes creating what’s called a ‘circular firing squad’ where you start shooting at your allies because one of them has strayed from purity on the issues,” he said.

Read more at: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/obama-warns-democrats-against-creating-circular-firing-squad

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
LOL!  You got that right, O'Bozo.  This is what you, personally, have wrought.  I hope it tastes yummy!  :laugh:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
LOL!  You got that right, O'Bozo.  This is what you, personally, have wrought.  I hope it tastes yummy!  :laugh:

Love the smell of schadenfreude in the morning.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Go for it! Look at how well it has worked for the 'pubbies!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Not as much as I worry they won't.

Ideally with real rifles and bullets.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

In other words Obama advises the rat candidates go back to lying to the public in order to appear reasonable.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

In other words Obama advises the rat candidates go back to lying to the public in order to appear reasonable.

You took the words right off my keyboard @skeeter   :thumbsup:

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Bammy is practicing taqiyya. He's just sorry he didn't fundamentally destroy America, although he did his best.
Principles matter. Words matter.