Author Topic: Trump attorney says IRS cannot legally release tax returns  (Read 441 times)

rangerrebew

Trump attorney says IRS cannot legally release tax returns
« on: April 06, 2019, 03:27:35 pm »
Trump attorney says IRS cannot legally release tax returns

by KEVIN FREKING Associated PressSaturday, April 6th 2019

WASHINGTON (AP) — An attorney representing President Donald Trump says a congressional request for Trump's tax returns "would set a dangerous precedent" if granted and that the IRS cannot legally divulge the information.

Democratic Rep. Richard Neal of Massachusetts, chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee, has asked the IRS to provide six years of Trump's personal tax returns and the returns for some of his businesses. Democrats are seeking information about Trump's financial dealings and potential conflicts of interest.

https://wcti12.com/news/nation-world/trump-attorney-says-irs-cannot-legally-release-tax-returns

Offline Victoria33

Re: Trump attorney says IRS cannot legally release tax returns
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019, 04:06:49 pm »
@rangerrebew

I read somewhere in the past couple of days, there is a law that allows congressional committees to get the president's income tax reports.  That is the law this committee is using, so the request has law behind it.  As the request goes through the courts, it will be known if this law stands. 

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2019, 04:14:02 pm »
Anything can be accessed with the proper subpoena. The question is the legality of a Congressional subpoena. The Committee on the Judiciary v. Miers 2007 created a pretty strong judicial precedent that the power is open and the Republicans used this power in getting the financial records of three IT FIrms tied to Clinton.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2019, 04:26:10 pm »
@rangerrebew

I read somewhere in the past couple of days, there is a law that allows congressional committees to get the president's income tax reports.  That is the law this committee is using, so the request has law behind it.  As the request goes through the courts, it will be known if this law stands.

That ever happened to probable cause? What ever happen to the right to be secure from unreasonable searches? This is a gross violation of the 4th

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2019, 05:31:59 pm »
Boomerang effect. What will happen to Hillary, or the next Dem President?
The Democrats' fanatical 'Trump Hate' is causing them to open doors which they will regret opening in the future.

Anyway, regardless of all this legal mumbo-jumbo, the IRS under Lerner has already proven that they do not give a single damn about "the Law". And they have shown that they are beyond punishment no matter what illegal acts they do.

All the IRS has to do is to setup some low-level fall-guy to take the hit and then release the records anyway. Then they will say, "Oops!", and all will be forgiven. The fall-guy gets fired, and nobody will ever be charged with anything. Unfortunately, the American Legislative branch has become just another Political Party. They are no longer about "Law or Justice". Judges today are all politics, all the time. And unfortunately, a majority of them are activists for the Left.

Today, the American Government has exempted itself from "the rule of Law". The government is currently without guidance of law. Which by definition means the American Government has become a 'lawless' organization.

Just release anything you want. Who cares? There is no Law anymore as it applies to government officials.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2019, 05:37:56 pm »
@240B

I also heard yesterday Trump is putting his own chosen man as head of the IRS.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2019, 05:48:18 pm »
@240B

I also heard yesterday Trump is putting his own chosen man as head of the IRS.

Oh My G*d, Trump is making political appointments! /s

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2019, 05:59:49 pm »
Oh My G*d, Trump is making political appointments! /s
This calls for riots and protests! No Republican President should ever be allowed to do his job!!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.