Author Topic: The Top Ten Evilest People of All-Time  (Read 1725 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: The Top Ten Evilest People of All-Time
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2019, 03:27:18 am »
Correctamundo.

So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate. She also gave to her husband with her, and he ate.

Genesis 3:6

Nothing in that indicates that Adam was even present at the point of Eve's temptation. Maybe I'm perceiving this differently, but the way I always saw it:

1. The snake tempts Eve alone.
2. Eve, knowing full well what God had told her, took the fruit and ate.
3. She returns to Adam, gives him the fruit without telling him what it was, and he unknowingly ate.

Now, the huge gaps in the narrative lead me to think it's more of a euphemism for sex (after all, what body part represents a serpent that can transform into an arm holding an apple?), but if we're going to take this literally, the only sin on Adam was one of ignorance.

Also: nothing in the scripture up to this point indicates Adam being assigned lordship over Eve; she was created as a companion, not a subject. The lordship was Eve's punishment for deceiving Adam.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2019, 03:33:35 am »
Nothing in that indicates that Adam was even present at the point of Eve's temptation. Maybe I'm perceiving this differently, but the way I always saw it:

1. The snake tempts Eve alone.
2. Eve, knowing full well what God had told her, took the fruit and ate.
3. She returns to Adam, gives him the fruit without telling him what it was, and he unknowingly ate.

Now, the huge gaps in the narrative lead me to think it's more of a euphemism for sex (after all, what body part represents a serpent that can transform into an arm holding an apple?), but if we're going to take this literally, the only sin on Adam was one of ignorance.

Also: nothing in the scripture up to this point indicates Adam being assigned lordship over Eve; she was created as a companion, not a subject. The lordship was Eve's punishment for deceiving Adam.

No, God did not tell Eve not to eat of the tree, and Adam appeared to know exactly what it was when Eve offered it to him.  This doesn't necessarily excuse Eve, but Adam was fully responsible for what he did. 

(Are we really arguing this?   :silly:)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 03:38:59 am by Sanguine »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2019, 03:53:41 am »
No, God did not tell Eve not to eat of the tree, and Adam appeared to know exactly what it was when Eve offered it to him.  This doesn't necessarily excuse Eve, but Adam was fully responsible for what he did. 

Sometimes the horizontal bop can be really expensive.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2019, 05:14:00 am »
Sometimes the horizontal bop can be really expensive.

Is that like the Unskinny Bop?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2019, 05:29:36 am »
Is that like the Unskinny Bop?

:pondering:

A friend of mine who worked at a Nevada bordello once told me the unskinny ones actually cost the most because they were in high demand.  Go figure.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Hoodat

« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2019, 03:24:53 pm »

There is also the part of Eve embellishing what God said.  He never said not to touch the fruit.  Only not to eat it.  When Eve embellished God's words, it gave satan just enough wiggle room to tempt her.

And yes, Adam was right there with her when she ate the fruit.  Because eating the fruit immediately changed her.

She also gave to her husband with her, and he ate.  Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew that they were naked

This could only have happened if they ate it at the same time.

There is nothing wrong with arguing this considering that the Garden is one of the most important parts of the Bible.  It is the reason for Christ - to get us back to the Garden, to the relationship Adam/Eve had with the Father before the fall.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2019, 12:06:50 am »
There is also the part of Eve embellishing what God said.  He never said not to touch the fruit.  Only not to eat it.  When Eve embellished God's words, it gave satan just enough wiggle room to tempt her.

And yes, Adam was right there with her when she ate the fruit.  Because eating the fruit immediately changed her.

She also gave to her husband with her, and he ate.  Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew that they were naked

This could only have happened if they ate it at the same time.

There is nothing wrong with arguing this considering that the Garden is one of the most important parts of the Bible.  It is the reason for Christ - to get us back to the Garden, to the relationship Adam/Eve had with the Father before the fall.

Right. It was a setup. It was the reason mankind could be. It was the reason for Christ. It is the reason behind the unreason of the left. Comprehension of Genesis 6 is vital.

I've always said there is a better way.

It is so simple a millennial could do it.

Destroying millions...hahaha.

Perhaps the most evil people in the world are those who knowingly destroy their own souls.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2019, 10:03:44 am »

Right. It was a setup. It was the reason mankind could be. It was the reason for Christ. It is the reason behind the unreason of the left. Comprehension of Genesis 6 is vital.

I've always said there is a better way.

It is so simple a millennial could do it.

Destroying millions...hahaha.

Perhaps the most evil people in the world are those who knowingly destroy their own souls.
I always thought it was the ones who relentlessly encouraged others to take the same predictable paths to self-destruction. Misery does love company.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2019, 11:54:52 am »
Any list of The Most Evil...." that doesn't have Mohammed the goat-raping child molester at number 1 is a bogus list.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2019, 11:58:38 am »
Eve wasn't off doing anything.  Adam was standing right there the whole time.  And as the spiritual head, it was his job to stop her, or at least corrected her when she embellished what God had said.

@Hoodat

Put the nickle in the right slot. It was Gods fault for making the rules,daring them to break them,and then punishing them for breaking rules he KNEW they would break.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Hoodat

« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2019, 03:01:43 pm »
@Hoodat

Put the nickle in the right slot. It was Gods fault for making the rules,daring them to break them,and then punishing them for breaking rules he KNEW they would break.

God didn't punish them.  There were simply consequences to their actions, just as there are consequences to ours.  God is not a micromanager.  But yes, He knew.  It even says so in Chapter 2 verse 17.

I'm guessing it isn't the way you would have done it if you were God.  But the bottom line here is that God want's a family.  And in order to have one, He must give us free will - the opportunity to choose whether we want to be a part of that family.  Yes, He will allow us to make the wrong choices and suffer the consequences.  But that doesn't mean He no longer wants us in His family.  He does.  Always.  Eternally.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-