Author Topic: Keeping GOP Senate majority in 2020 could get easier  (Read 186 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Keeping GOP Senate majority in 2020 could get easier
« on: April 06, 2019, 02:56:13 pm »
April 6, 2019
Keeping GOP Senate majority in 2020 could get easier
By Thomas Lifson

The Republicans have almost twice as many Senate seats up for re-election as Democrats do in 2020 (22 to 12), raising the prospect of Democrat control of both the House and Senate.  While it is unusual for the party of a president to pick up seats in a midterm election, the Democrats had 26 seats up for re-election, and the GOP was able to pick up 2, enlarging its majority.  That majority is fragile in 2020.

But news from Senator Joe Manchin raises hope of at least one GOP pickup.  Burgess Meredith reports in Politico:

Just five months off the race of his life, Joe Manchin is mulling a run for governor in 2020 against GOP Gov. Jim Justice.

The Democratic senator said in an interview Thursday that he's once again "thinking about" running for the "best job in the world": governor of West Virginia.

"I think about it every minute of every day.  Now, thinking about it and doing it are two different things," Manchin said.  "I'll make a decision this fall sometime.  I don't think there's any hurry at all."

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/04/keeping_gop_senate_majority_in_2020_could_get_easier_.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Keeping GOP Senate majority in 2020 could get easier
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 03:04:03 am »
This isn't necessarily good news.  Manchin's voting record was better than some Pubbies, like Collins.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: