Author Topic: Wendy Davis not running for U.S. Senate, instead considering run for U.S. House  (Read 664 times)

Offline corbe

Wendy Davis not running for U.S. Senate, instead considering run for U.S. House

The former state senator and Democratic nominee for governor says she is "looking very seriously at Congressional District 21."

by Patrick Svitek April 5, 2019 7 AM

Wendy Davis says she is not running for U.S. Senate in 2020 and instead is considering a bid for the U.S. House.

"I'm looking very seriously at Congressional District 21," the former Democratic nominee for governor said in a new podcast released Friday, referring to the traditionally Republican district that Democrats came close to flipping last year.

Davis, also a former state senator, had mulled whether to take on U.S. Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas. But in the podcast, "The Rabble: TX Politics for the Unruly Mob," Davis made clear she is no longer weighing a Senate campaign and reiterated her call for U.S. Rep. Joaquin Castro of San Antonio to enter the race.

"There's a reason I made a decision not to run for this Senate seat against John Cornyn," Davis said on the show, which was taped Thursday. "I've been very candid about the fact that my dear friend Joaquin Castro is someone that I'd like to see run."

<..snip..>

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/04/05/wendy-davis-senate-congress/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline MajorClay

Chip Roy?

Offline Night Hides Not

I suspect a good number of those congressional districts will flip back in 2020. The further turn to the left of the Democrat caucus is alarming to the average voter.

Democrats were able to run against Trump last year...now they're going to have to run in a Presidential cycle with probably a Democrat candidate who will be far outside the mainstream.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Chip Roy?

Chip has been kicking a$$ and taking names, so I can see where the dems would want to oust him.  Also, his district is a whole lot of newly arrived carpetbaggers who would probably vote for Wendy.