Author Topic: Trump's true immigration chief: Stephen Miller, the hidden hand in Homeland shake-up  (Read 314 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump's true immigration chief: Stephen Miller, the hidden hand in Homeland shake-up
by Rob Crilly
 | April 09, 2019 12:00 AM

When Kevin McAleenan, the U.S. Customs and Border Protection commissioner, takes over at Homeland Security this week he will become the fourth person officially to lead the department under President Trump.

But the events of the past four days suggest a single figure is the real head, pulling strings from behind the scenes, according to officials and those close to the Trump administration.

Stephen Miller, 33, a senior policy adviser and chief speechwriter at the White House, is the driving force behind Trump’s recent focus on immigration at the southern border and the man responsible for the major overhaul underway at the Department of Homeland Security.

Private battles spilled into public on Sunday when Trump announced on Twitter that Kirstjen Nielsen was standing down.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trumps-true-immigration-chief-stephen-miller-the-hidden-hand-in-homeland-shake-up
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bilo

Stephen Miller, 33, a senior policy adviser and chief speechwriter at the White House, is the driving force behind Trump’s recent focus on immigration at the southern border and the man responsible for the major overhaul underway at the Department of Homeland Security.

A very bright guy for someone so young.

I'm glad Trump is listening to him. Trump's presidency hinges on 2 issues, obamacare and immigration. The Pubs failed on obamacare. I think Trump has realized he can't count on the Pubs to help on immigration. All the Pubs will support are judges and tax cuts.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline skeeter

A very bright guy for someone so young.

I'm glad Trump is listening to him. Trump's presidency hinges on 2 issues, obamacare and immigration. The Pubs failed on obamacare. I think Trump has realized he can't count on the Pubs to help on immigration. All the Pubs will support are judges and tax cuts.

Trump is alone on this issue, and Miller's views are solid. A judge just knocked down the 'return to Mexico' policy for asylum seekers, so time is running out.

Offline aligncare

Funny, but asylum-seekers at the Canadian border are held, by agreement, in Canada, until the U.S. makes a determination on their asylum status.

Mexico and the US have the same agreement yet this ninth circuit ruling has a problem with that.

It’s called judicial activism, and it’s simply because the ninth circuit is part of the Trump resistance.

Offline bilo

Funny, but asylum-seekers at the Canadian border are held, by agreement, in Canada, until the U.S. makes a determination on their asylum status.

Mexico and the US have the same agreement yet this ninth circuit ruling has a problem with that.

It’s called judicial activism, and it’s simply because the ninth circuit is part of the Trump resistance.

Yes it is and it is wrong!

Eventually it will get overturned like everything else has, but damage is being done now.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home