Author Topic: SICK: Amanpour Links Fox News to New Zealand Massacre  (Read 342 times)

rangerrebew

SICK: Amanpour Links Fox News to New Zealand Massacre
« on: April 06, 2019, 12:03:38 pm »

SICK: Amanpour Links Fox News to New Zealand Massacre
By Geoffrey Dickens | April 5, 2019 4:25 PM EDT

CNN anchor Christiane Amanpour, along with two New York Times writers, sickeningly linked Fox News to last month’s shooting massacre in New Zealand.

On Thursday’s edition of her CNN/PBS show, Amanpour invited on the New York Times’ Jonathan Mahler and James Rutenberg to promote their three-part investigative piece on Rupert Murdoch and indict Fox News as an “anti-immigrant” network that spewed the kind of “ethno-nationalist agenda” that stoked the New Zealand mosque shooter.

After reading an excerpt from their story, Amanpour prompted Mahler to expound on Murdoch-owned networks’ “vilifying people of color at home” and “abroad.”

Mahler responded: “What’s happening now on Fox News...is this...kind of ethno-nationalist agenda...which you can also see at their outlet in Australia, Sky News Australia....where they’ve effectively recreated Fox News during prime time and are pushing the same sort of anti-immigrant sentiments.”

Source URL: https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/geoffrey-dickens/2019/04/05/sick-amanpour-links-fox-news-new-zealand-massacre

Online goatprairie

Re: SICK: Amanpour Links Fox News to New Zealand Massacre
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019, 12:09:28 pm »
Amanpour, like most leftist "journalists," has blamed every bad thing that ever happened in world history on the U.S.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2019, 12:50:41 pm »
@rangerrebew

HOST CHRISTIANE AMANPOUR: Let me say what you wrote because it is fascinating this. How his [Rupert Murdoch] papers, his TV have had such a massive influence on the key issues of our day, whether it’s race, whether it’s immigration, whether it’s as you mentioned taxes, but also the Iraq war and other such things. You say: “His various news outlets have inexorably pushed the flow of history to the right across the Angelo-sphere whether they were advocating to go to war in Iraq in 2003, undermining global efforts to combat climate change or vilifying people of color at home or abroad as dangerous threats to a might - a right - sorry - a white majority.”

The title is wrong.  Amanpour was speaking about what Mahler wrote, and quoted New York Times staff writer Johnathan Mahler; those are his words, not hers.  Yes, I know she is a liberal and, in the past, I have had contact with a family member for whom she worked so I have a view of her from that.

Online goatprairie

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2019, 05:36:11 pm »
@rangerrebew

HOST CHRISTIANE AMANPOUR: Let me say what you wrote because it is fascinating this. How his [Rupert Murdoch] papers, his TV have had such a massive influence on the key issues of our day, whether it’s race, whether it’s immigration, whether it’s as you mentioned taxes, but also the Iraq war and other such things. You say: “His various news outlets have inexorably pushed the flow of history to the right across the Angelo-sphere whether they were advocating to go to war in Iraq in 2003, undermining global efforts to combat climate change or vilifying people of color at home or abroad as dangerous threats to a might - a right - sorry - a white majority.”

The title is wrong.  Amanpour was speaking about what Mahler wrote, and quoted New York Times staff writer Johnathan Mahler; those are his words, not hers.  Yes, I know she is a liberal and, in the past, I have had contact with a family member for whom she worked so I have a view of her from that.
Mahler may have written it, but I've heard Amanpour before. It's obvious she's tacitly approving of everything he said or wrote.