Author Topic: AOC ripped by Obama-era Border Patrol chief for 'reckless' rhetoric  (Read 389 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

AOC ripped by Obama-era Border Patrol chief for 'reckless' rhetoric
Washington Times, Apr 5, 2019

Former U.S. Border Patrol chief Mark Morgan says he must “restrain” himself while addressing Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s claim that agents “cage children at the border and inject them with drugs” out of “hatred.”

The Obama-era official sat down with Fox News’ Tucker Carlson Thursday evening when a recent Instagram Live post by the New York Democrat was addressed.

“I’m not trying to cage children at the border and inject them with drugs. That’s not a mistake, that’s just hatred,” Ms. Ocasio-Cortez told supporters on social media.

Mr. Morgan, who spoke to lawmakers this week on the border crisis, blasted Ms. Ocasio-Cortez for “reckless and irresponsible” rhetoric.

“I’m trying to restrain myself with this answer because, first of all, the United States Border Patrol, they should be applauded for what she’s talking about — cages,” Mr. Morgan said, Fox News reported. “In 2014, when this crisis started, they did an incredible job of scrambling, throwing money and putting a facility together to actually care for them properly because their facilities were overcrowded. In 2015, the administration — then — were saying what an incredible, great job the Border Patrol did.”

Mr. Morgan said the current situation is at the border is “the worst we’ve ever experienced,” in part because the demographics are very different.  Previous waves of illegal immigrants, he said, were overwhelmingly men. Now, he says, entire family units are heading to the U.S. southern border.

More:  https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/apr/5/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-ripped-by-obama-era-borde/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: AOC ripped by Obama-era Border Patrol chief for 'reckless' rhetoric
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019, 11:07:14 am »
Morgan makes some credible points about the current immigration crisis --- beyond AOC's lunacy.