Author Topic: University of Kansas to offer 'Angry White Male Studies' course  (Read 1057 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
University of Kansas to offer 'Angry White Male Studies' course
By Christopher Carbone | Fox News

University of Kansas students will soon be able to study the rise of the "angry white male."

The college course, called Angry White Male Studies, will dive into "the deeper sources of this emotional state while evaluating recent manifestations of male anger" in the United States and Britain since the 1950s.

The course catalog description states: "Employing interdisciplinary perspectives this course examines how both dominant and subordinate masculinities are represented and experienced in cultures undergoing periods of rapid change connected to modernity as well as to rights-based movements of women, people of color, homosexuals and trans individuals."

Read more at: https://www.foxnews.com/us/kansas-university-to-offer-angry-white-male-studies-course

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: University of Kansas to offer 'Angry White Male Studies' course
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 02:40:30 pm »
TomSea

I guess the implication from this is the white metrosexxuals they are getting enrolled have never had any actual contact with white working class men,so they need to study them,like some sort of exotic insect?

How much are they willing to pay to have a half-dozen or so angry white men show up to tell them what a pack of pompous ignorant asshats they are,and then beat the snot out of them before leaving?

After all,we are ignorant and angry.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2019, 03:17:10 pm »
This anti-white crap is gonna work out real well.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2019, 03:22:27 pm »
I guess the implication from this is the white metrosexuals they are getting enrolled have never had any actual contact with white working class men,so they need to study them,like some sort of exotic insect?

How much are they willing to pay to have a half-dozen or so angry white men show up to tell them what a pack of pompous ignorant asshats they are,and then beat the snot out of them before leaving?

@sneakypete

That is precisely how they view us, and for precisely the reason you suggest: they don't know any of us. We might as well be from different planets.

It's even worse than that, actually: increasingly, these urban boys don't know any truly middle-class people, either.

Our cities are becoming a soap opera: the Rich and the Homeless. Entitled latte-sippers and disheveled dumpster-divers. I make a habit of not spending a whole lot of time in urban areas, but I have visited a number of big cities in the past couple of years (New York, Washington D.C., Miami, and San Francisco) and the social decay is everywhere and palpable.

Boston (55 miles southeast of my home town) is an interesting exception, not because it isn't run by corrupt Democrats (it is, and has been for a century), but because it still has a blue-collar, working-class soul and the old values have kinda hung on, in spite of the Progressive infestation elsewhere. But if you take the Red Line across the river to Cambridge, home of Harvard and MIT... oooohhh, that smell.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 03:24:24 pm by andy58-in-nh »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2019, 03:24:27 pm »
I feel so naive and foolish.

When I would read about Cultural Marxism and their eventual goals many years ago, I would think to myself: "Haha, great ideas for conquest but this crap will never fly in the US....  our citizens aren't going to accept this bullcrap.....  go ahead and try it..."

And now.....  I am often speechless.    888mouth

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2019, 11:20:03 pm »
Ed James wrote:
"...And now.....  I am often speechless."

What does this indicate to you about where we're headin' in the future?

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2019, 11:25:35 pm »
Ed James wrote:
"...And now.....  I am often speechless."

What does this indicate to you about where we're headin' in the future?

To hell in a handbasket...

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2019, 12:25:04 am »
TomSea

I guess the implication from this is the white metrosexxuals they are getting enrolled have never had any actual contact with white working class men,so they need to study them,like some sort of exotic insect?

Actually, that sounds like a fun consulting gig... :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2019, 12:44:40 am »
TomSea

@sneakypete

I do not think I'd talk about Metrosexuals and Kansas in the same breath, however, I do realize Universities about anywhere get a big cross-section of people. Metrosexual just seems like more of a 2000s terms and we are heading into 2020.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2019, 12:14:12 pm »
@sneakypete

I do not think I'd talk about Metrosexuals and Kansas in the same breath, however, I do realize Universities about anywhere get a big cross-section of people. Metrosexual just seems like more of a 2000s terms and we are heading into 2020.

@TomSea

So what? A homo in a closet by any other name is still a Metrosexual.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2019, 01:43:04 pm »
@TomSea

So what? A homo in a closet by any other name is still a Metrosexual.

If that was the definition alright but it's not.  @sneakypete

metrosexual noun
met·​ro·​sex·​u·​al | \ ˌme-trə-ˈsek-sh(ə-)wəl
, -ˈsek-shəl\
Definition of metrosexual

: a usually urban heterosexual male given to enhancing his personal appearance by fastidious grooming, beauty treatments, and fashionable clothes A metrosexual … is happy getting a pedicure and a manicure. He's hip, urban, sophisticated and, above all, stylish— Rebecca Paley

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2019, 02:07:00 pm »
If that was the definition alright but it's not.  @sneakypete

@TomSea

Sounds like a description of the typical homo to me.