Author Topic: 67 organizations to media: Drop SPLC  (Read 250 times)

rangerrebew

67 organizations to media: Drop SPLC
« on: April 05, 2019, 03:45:48 pm »

67 organizations to media: Drop SPLC
By Pamela Geller - on April 4, 2019

My organization, AFDI, along with 66 other conservative groups have called upon the media and social media platforms to cut off ties with the hate-mongering smear machine, the SPLC.

We Were Smeared by the SPLC:Our work for religious liberty got us branded a ‘hate group.’ Such lies have real consequences.

The Southern Poverty Law Center’s co-founder, president and legal director have all departed amid a scandal over publicly unspecified workplace conduct, reportedly involving racial prejudice and sexual harassment. But the SPLC’s work itself is scandalous. The group falsely maligns ideological opponents in an effort to crush them rather than debate their ideas honestly. I know, because in 2016 the SPLC branded my organization, the religious-liberty nonprofit Alliance Defending Freedom, a “hate group.”

The label has forced itself into my daily life in uncomfortable and unexpected ways. One of the top Google image-search results for my name has the word “HATE” plastered in red letters on a photo of my face. When speaking on a law-school campus, I was told that I needed security officers to accompany me everywhere I went. Days after I argued the Masterpiece Cakeshop case in front of the U.S. Supreme Court, I found the window of my car shot out in my church parking lot after a Sunday service. I don’t know if the SPLC’s hate label motivated the vandalism, but I fear that it did.

https://gellerreport.com/2019/04/drop-splc.html/

Offline goatprairie

Re: 67 organizations to media: Drop SPLC
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 04:20:29 pm »
Sure, SPLC deserves being crushed, but the lefties will not stop. They'll just use some other scummy far left organization.
It's like in the past whenever some issue concerning women came up, the first person media types would ask for an opinion was usually Glorie Steinem. If she wasn't available, there was always  another radical feminist hag stomping over people racing to get in front of the camera.
There is no lack of leftist scum available with nasty opinions about conservatives available to the media. They will for sure seek them out.