Author Topic: Biden and the Problem of Touch.. By Mona Charen  (Read 181 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden and the Problem of Touch.. By Mona Charen
« on: April 05, 2019, 02:34:06 pm »
   Biden and the Problem of Touch
By Mona Charen

April 5, 2019 6:30 AM

Before we close the books with the #MeToo conclusion that touching is “problematic,” we might want to consider some other evidence that suggests we aren’t touching enough.

If I profane with my unworthiest hand

This holy shrine, the gentle sin is this:

My lips, two blushing pilgrims, ready stand

To smooth that rough touch with a tender kiss. — William Shakespeare. Romeo and Juliet, Act I, Scene 5

Joe Biden’s explanatory video in response to stories of his sometimes overly exuberant physicality was well played. He seemed relaxed, sincere, unscripted, and above all, not supine.

The matter of physical touch is, well, touchy. One person’s affectionate hug is another’s creepy, unwelcome invasion of personal space. Biden does seem to have stepped over the line at times. Free advice: Inhaling the aroma of a woman’s hair and kissing her head when you’ve just met is not recommended. But most of the time, it seems that Biden’s hugs, shoulder rubs, and Eskimo kisses were well received. He is physically demonstrative with women, but also with other men and particularly with children.

more
https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/04/joe-biden-touching-social-norms/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34