Poll

Are the Democrats Fracturing?

Yes, but they'll get their $hit together for 2020
4 (33.3%)
No, This is normal ~ Controlled Chaos
8 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: April 09, 2019, 02:33:09 pm

Author Topic: Are the Democrats Fracturing?  (Read 2236 times)

Offline corbe

« on: April 05, 2019, 02:33:09 pm »

by Stacey Lennox
April 5th, 2019

Most of the time, Democrats and their allies in the media are pretty lock step in spinning a narrative. However, what they are doing about 2020 is not nearly as clear. If you watch the media coverage two things appear to be part of the narrative.

First, the more “woke” the primary candidate is, the more favorable the coverage. Apology tours are highlighted and there are no difficult questions asked about radical positions on health insurance or environmental policies during the town halls to date. And any candidate that has ever been part of the “Establishment” is toast. Just observe what they are doing to Joe Biden and he hasn’t even announced yet.

Second, the most radical new members of Congress have been able to suck up all the air in the room. They were billed as the “future of the party” by DNC Chair Tom Perez and the media listened. These far left darlings from deep blue districts get town halls, the cover of Rolling Stone and defense from the media no matter how uninformed or anti-Semitic they seem.

<..snip..>

https://theresurgent.com/2019/04/05/are-the-democrats-fracturing/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Applewood

Re: Are the Democrats Fracturing?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 03:17:11 pm »
The party will end up much like the Republicans did in 2016.  Once one candidate out of the hundreds running for president is selected, people, including the losing candidates, will get behind him or her.  There may be some who won't support the candidate and won't vote for that candidate.  But I'm sure Democrats will get that same admonition conservatives were given in 2016 -- "you have to vote for X to save this country from Y.".  And that is what most of them will do.

In general, I think the Democrats are far more united than Republicans.  That allowed them to force Obamacare down our throats and it gets their candidates elected.  Republicans have too many squabbles with each other, so nothing gets done.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 03:52:02 pm »
The sad fact is the Republicans have earned the moniker of the Do Nothing Party, for they are seldom in control of any branch of government, and when they are, they squander time away accomplishing little.

The Dems peoblem is they have no platform to bring to the American people. Nothing!  That is why something as truly idiotic as the Green New Deal had Dems saying, yeah I support that, because they have nothing.  The mob mentality of the Dems is dangerous and goes nowhere.

And as long as they support illegal invading aliens over USA citizenry, they do not win a national election.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 04:27:15 pm »
Please.

The Dems are fractured, but it's not a static situation. Both sharks are trying to eat each other, both have money, and both have their base.

Right now though, the radicals have the leg up in many ways, but the Establishment is entrenched and ruthless.

This will play out in the primaries. The radicals ignore the Dems win best while running as moderates, plus the well-oiled Establishment election stealing machine to their peril, while the Establishment is in denial about the boatloads of dark money from globalist billionaires like Soros. Steyer, Bezos, etc that do not favor them, to their peril.

It's gonna be a wild ride for the Dem party till this settles out.
The Republic is lost.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2019, 04:29:39 pm »
"Controlled Chaos" here...
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2019, 04:35:11 pm »
I voted "yes" out of hopefulness.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2019, 04:00:27 pm »
It may appear controlled chaos, but I tell you the Clinton Crime Family is not stupid.  They make one more play for Hillary, and she just might pull it off.

I do not think Trump's approach will work for 2020.  His name calling and nastiness just might get him booted.  He has had time to polish his presentation, and he needs to accompskish something in the time he has before election.  In his case, people will only remember what he did for them lately.  He has managed to perturb millions with the tax cut that wasn't.  He has also disappointed 500,000 folks or so when he failed to end the H1-b Visa Program as promised on Day One.  Huge mistake, and an easy way to create jobs for USA citizens.  The replacement of USA citizens by H1-b Visa folks is criminal, and Trump has been persuaded by tech billionaires to expand the program.

For just this single decision, he lost my vote in 2020.  He cannot afford that, or the loss of anyone.  He needs to smarten up about who voted for him and why.  For too long, the American people have been betrayed by both parties.  He was seen as an outsider, loyal to no one but the American people, and he has failed to do what he can, and has succumbed to the swamp.  I say he has a tough time getting re-elected, and that the chance of him not running increases such that he makes an announcement like LBJ that he is not running about 9 months from now.

Or he can complete promises made to generate jobs for Americans and win a huge victory, but failure to do that, and he well may be out.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2019, 04:13:36 pm »
Or he can complete promises made to generate jobs for Americans and win a huge victory, but failure to do that, and he well may be out.

...which is why the Rats will continue to block every Trump initiative from now until November 2020.  It will separate the President from his strongest supporters.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2019, 08:12:21 pm »
Just what initiatives are being promoted by Trump?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2019, 09:20:56 pm »
Just what initiatives are being promoted by Trump?

Whatever it is, it's not enough.  See the words right below my Avatar.
I will NOT comply.