Author Topic: Hope in Hungary: Abortions Down, Marriages Up, Families Valued  (Read 232 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Hope in Hungary: Abortions Down, Marriages Up, Families Valued
Victor Gaetan

“Traditional families represent a value we intend to defend not only in Hungary but internationally as well.”

Where on earth does an unborn child have explicit constitutional protection from the moment of conception? 

Where do women have three years of maternity leave and grandparents will soon qualify for subsidized parental leave too?

Read more at: http://www.ncregister.com/blog/vgaetan/hope-in-hungary-abortions-down-marriages-up-families-valued

Some stories on Hungary for Doctor Gorka.  I believe I will just add them on here.  I did not realize that Hungary was questioned that much about their Nato membership nor that the Washington Examiner might publish something like this. I thought the Examiner leaned conservative always... but so be it.

NATO needs to have a talk about Hungary
by Scott Cullinane  | April 03, 2019 12:00 AM

This week, a bevy of ministers, ambassadors, and assorted delegates from the NATO member states will converge on Washington and gather to celebrate the 70th anniversary of the alliance.

As the alliance of 29 countries considers its future, this milestone provides the opportunity to not only reflect on its collective military might but to also examine its members' commitment to shared values.

This year also marks the 20th anniversary of Hungary’s accession to NATO. It is a symbolic and opportune moment for NATO’s leaders to consider Hungary’s course over the past two decades. Since the 2015 migration crisis, Hungary’s prime minister, Viktor Orbán, has become the bad boy of European politics. His brash anti-migrant actions and anti-Brussels political campaigns have been a thorn in the side of the European Union and even created a rift between the ruling Fidesz party and its partners in the European People’s Party.

More: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/op-eds/nato-needs-to-have-a-talk-about-hungary

Human Rights Watch on Hungary:

Open Letter to EU Affairs Ministers and Members of the General Affairs Council on the situation in Hungary

April 4, 2019

Dear Minister,

On 9 April, the General Affairs Council will hold another exchange of views on the state of play of the Article 7(1) TEU procedure concerning Hungary. It will be the fifth time the Council addresses the situation in Hungary in this format since the adoption of the European Parliament’s reasoned proposal on 12 September 2018. However, no discussion has been held to date on the substantial matters raised therein.

Given that the situation in Hungary continues to deteriorate, but Member States have yet to take any tangible steps to address the issues that warranted the activation of the Article 7(1) TEU procedure, we urge your government to move the procedure forward by calling for the timely organisation of formal hearings in the Council with the participation of the Hungarian authorities. It is high time to hold the government of Hungary to account in front of its peers for its actions undermining the principles enshrined in Article 2 TEU, which all Member States have pledged to respect and uphold when acceding to the EU and which are essential to the good functioning of the Union.

We call upon you to ensure that such hearings are held in a format that allows for an in-depth scrutiny of the situation in Hungary in the Council. To this end, we recommend thematic discussions focusing on the different issues of concern identified in paragraph 1 of the European Parliament’s reasoned proposal. The Council should seek the input of international and regional expert bodies with a view to ensuring an effective, thorough and impartial examination of the issues at stake.

Read more at: https://www.hrw.org/news/2019/04/04/open-letter-eu-affairs-ministers-and-members-general-affairs-council-situation

And lastly,

Hundreds Join “Silly Walk” Parade In Hungary For April Fools’ Day
https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/watch/hundreds-join-%e2%80%9csilly-walk%e2%80%9d-parade-in-hungary-for-april-fools-day/vi-BBVwU8p

Yes, I heard last week, those two phone calls to Dr. Gorka's show that sound like they could have come from this forum. Anyway, a lot of stories, I did not expect to post this morning.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 10:46:20 am by TomSea »