Author Topic: A surefire way to stop Pelosi from getting ahold of Trump's tax returns  (Read 1008 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
April 5, 2019
A surefire way to stop Pelosi from getting ahold of Trump's tax returns
By Thomas Lifson

Nancy Pelosi is really proud of her brand-new tool, a recently rediscovered section of a 1924 law, to get access to the last six years of Donald Trump's tax returns.

excerpt:

Senator Orrin Hatch, chair of the senate Finance Committee, should announce that if the House Ways and Means Committee pursues Trump's tax returns, it will go after Nancy Pelosi's tax returns, and for good measure George Soros's, Tom Steyer's, Dianne Feinstein's, and those of the top 20 donors to Democrat super-PACs.

That, more than anything else, should persuade the Dems that this would be a dangerous precedent.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/04/a_surefire_way_to_stop_pelosi_from_getting_ahold_of_trumps_tax_returns.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I thought Orrin Hatch retired?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

Yeah, that the Thinker for you. They made another huge gaffe, during the Manafort trial, but I forget the specifics. Grassley is the current chairman of the Finance Committee. In all likelihood, getting the taxes of the people mentioned wouldn’t be that big of a deal. As was the case with Obama, they’re likely paying less than their bracket percentage. So much for the ‘fair share’ talk they throw around. The Trump returns, however, are probably a huge, indecipherable mess. He’s alluded to that before.

“It is big. And it is complex. And it is probably feet high,” Trump said of his returns. “It is a very complex instrument. And I think that people would not understand it.”

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwid1svxy7nhAhUHs54KHY7ABRMQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.politico.com%2Fstory%2F2018%2F11%2F07%2Ftrump-tax-returns-972066&psig=AOvVaw3o888us6PisSRWasEeSy8A&ust=1554575694393951

In all probability, it’s multiple layers of LLCs and shell companies, paying each other, for tax purposes. This is similar to the ‘pass through’ shells the Clintons used in their foundation. Trump doesn’t want to invite that scrutiny, as long as he’s continuing to call for investigations into their organizations.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 06:44:15 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
If the Dems want to make tax returns an issue, then let's have everybody in government release their tax returns.
So many people go into government as middle-class, and leave government with 10s of millions of dollars.
I would very much like to see how that happens so consistently.
This tax return push may work out to be a good thing after all.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

He did in Jan
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I would bet anybody that AOC will have a networth of $10 million or close to $10 million in five years. That's how Congress works.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yeah, that the Thinker for you. They made another huge gaffe, during the Manafort trial, but I forget the specifics.

I remember it very well...you and I had a bit of a falling out over it.  They failed to mention Judge Ellis had already ruled against Manafort and in fact the Thinker specifically said he did not.  I went by the Thinker story, which meant I was wrong!

I sure am glad we got that fence mended, @edpc.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

I remember it very well...you and I had a bit of a falling out over it.  They failed to mention Judge Ellis had already ruled against Manafort and in fact the Thinker specifically said he did not.  I went by the Thinker story, which meant I was wrong!

I sure am glad we got that fence mended, @edpc.

I’m glad, too.   :beer:

I’m skeptical of most things I read, right, left, and center sourced. I try to cross reference. Mother Jones, Huffpo, and Slate are usual left suspects. On the right, Thinker can be hit or miss. Big League Politics is usually a joke, unless they’re reprinting someone else’s work.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I’m glad, too.   :beer:

I’m skeptical of most things I read, right, left, and center sourced. I try to cross reference. Mother Jones, Huffpo, and Slate are usual left suspects. On the right, Thinker can be hit or miss. Big League Politics is usually a joke, unless they’re reprinting someone else’s work.

:beer:

And thank God for beer.  Proof God wants us to be happy!
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

:beer:

And thank God for beer.  Proof God wants us to be happy!

Grab some Free State, if you ever get a chance. Local KS brewery in Lawrence with decent products. I like their oatmeal stout and copper ale.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: A surefire way to stop Pelosi from getting ahold of Trump's tax returns
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2019, 02:39:04 am »

Grab some Free State, if you ever get a chance. Local KS brewery in Lawrence with decent products. I like their oatmeal stout and copper ale.

An oatmeal stout man?  You could be alright after all.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2019, 02:40:40 am »

I think I'll check that out.
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2019, 04:14:48 am »

I have my good points – not many, but some.    :laugh:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2019, 04:22:14 am »

I have my good points – not many, but some.    :laugh:

I like stout beer, and I like the sound of this because I've eaten oatmeal almost every day of my life.  Good for the heart, they say....

I'll try some bottled, and if I like it I'll start looking for a keg to put on my tap.
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2019, 04:31:14 am »
I like stout beer, and I like the sound of this because I've eaten oatmeal almost every day of my life.  Good for the heart, they say....

I'll try some bottled, and if I like it I'll start looking for a keg to put on my tap.

http://www.freestatebrewing.com/beer/oatmeal-stout/

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2019, 04:55:29 am »
Ima git me some o dat...

This is another good one, by Boulevard Brewing in Kansas City. Careful with this one – it is almost 12% ABV.

https://www.boulevard.com/beerinfo/whiskey-barrel-stout/

While it is still relatively cool, I like the darker types like a stout or scotch ale. As it gets warmer, I will shift towards the hoppier, citrus charactered IPA.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 04:57:24 am by edpc »

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2019, 05:19:05 am »

This is another good one, by Boulevard Brewing in Kansas City. Careful with this one – it is almost 12% ABV.

https://www.boulevard.com/beerinfo/whiskey-barrel-stout/

While it is still relatively cool, I like the darker types like a stout or scotch ale. As it gets warmer, I will shift towards the hoppier, citrus charactered IPA.

12%?  That's almost peach schnopps!
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2019, 05:31:47 am »
If the Dems want to make tax returns an issue, then let's have everybody in government release their tax returns.
So many people go into government as middle-class, and leave government with 10s of millions of dollars.
I would very much like to see how that happens so consistently.
This tax return push may work out to be a good thing after all.

Really, Maxin Waters, the Clintons... and so on. A lot of these people, yes, you wonder, how their net worth is so high.