Author Topic: Trump gives Mexico 'one-year' warning for auto tariffs, border shutdown  (Read 12680 times)

Offline Night Hides Not

Re: Trump gives Mexico 'one-year' warning for auto tariffs, border shutdown
« Reply #200 on: April 09, 2019, 09:18:03 pm »
You are way out of line RIV!!!!  The small window(s) of opportunity that Trump had is GONE!!!  You need to open your eyes sweetheart and realize that you've been duped!!

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #201 on: April 09, 2019, 09:42:53 pm »
You didn't ask, but a good argument could be made that what Mexico is doing is an act of war.

I couldn't agree more.  Most countries would see it that way and would do everything they could to defend their border.s  Yet, here we sit ... allowing the invasion to continue ... and a President who is out right telling  them they have a year to continue!!!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #202 on: April 09, 2019, 11:29:51 pm »
Sunshine?  Could you try being a tiny bit more condescending?

Regardless of your ill manners, there are a number of policy things that Trump coulda/shoulda already done.  Yes, the courts will try to block him at every turn, and he needs to present specific court actions to the Supremes in an expedited manner.  Some, if not most, of those rulings will be overturned.  He's got to quit flailing and tweeting and do some effective actions.

And you've got to pull you head out of wherever you have it nestled and recognize the President IS fighting on every front .... he is fighting Mexico, our courts, our congress and your incessant whining. 

Not only is it tiresome @Sanguine it is uninformed.  And I don't know if you're deliberately ignoring the reality of the battle we are in, of if you just like to be a contrarian.

But in the name of God, we're not supposed to be the LIV!

« Reply #203 on: April 09, 2019, 11:35:25 pm »
You are way out of line RIV!!!!  The small window(s) of opportunity that Trump had is GONE!!!  You need to open your eyes sweetheart and realize that you've been duped!!

You need to stop posting from a puddle of hormones @libertybele   The ranting, raving repetition is one thing.  But what you're huffing and puffing and stomping your feet about is just factually wrong.

Again, I beg you to educate yourself on how our republican form of government works.  Please.

Because the ugly truth is how duped we have been by every elected official, for decades ..... every elected official, except the President.  And yet he's the one you direct all the venom at.  It makes no damn sense.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #204 on: April 09, 2019, 11:43:08 pm »
You need to stop posting from a puddle of hormones @libertybele   The ranting, raving repetition is one thing.  But what you're huffing and puffing and stomping your feet about is just factually wrong.

Again, I beg you to educate yourself on how our republican form of government works.  Please.

Because the ugly truth is how duped we have been by every elected official, for decades ..... every elected official, except the President.  And yet he's the one you direct all the venom at.  It makes no damn sense.

Give it a rest RIV, you can rant and rave using how our government works as an excuse; as IF that is what is holding Trump back.  Trump IS holding Trump back.  He continues to backpedal, he continues to make hollow threats and tweet and has lost ALL credibility.  The only thing he has accomplished IS letting the invaders know his every move and right now he's told them that they've got a year to come here.

Educate yourself RIV.  We are being invaded like NEVER before under any President.  Even Bammy.  Why is that RIV?  Because he never intended to build a wall, he granted amnesty, he signed a bill allowing states to back out of a barrier, he declared a national emergency and did NOTHING, several have come forward explaining to him how he could fund the wall, yet he continues to back pedal every time.  He's lost ALL credibility; therefore, they keep coming!!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #205 on: April 09, 2019, 11:44:35 pm »
Stop bickering, please.  This has been a very interesting thread and it will suck if I have to lock it, even temporarily.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #206 on: April 10, 2019, 12:30:09 am »
And you've got to pull you head out of wherever you have it nestled and recognize the President IS fighting on every front .... he is fighting Mexico, our courts, our congress and your incessant whining. 

Not only is it tiresome @Sanguine it is uninformed.  And I don't know if you're deliberately ignoring the reality of the battle we are in, of if you just like to be a contrarian.

But in the name of God, we're not supposed to be the LIV!

*****rollingeyes*****

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #207 on: April 10, 2019, 12:52:21 am »

I think its quite possible that he President is loosing it.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #208 on: April 10, 2019, 12:56:39 am »

Why?  Because RiV is?

« Reply #209 on: April 10, 2019, 12:57:18 am »

I think it's quite possible you don't like to think.   :shrug:

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #210 on: April 10, 2019, 01:02:26 am »
Why?  Because RiV is?

Well no, but could be.  I am talking about Trumps newest round of firing everyone.  He's insane, and no personal responsibility for his part.  Like signing that incentive for illegal aliens to bring unaccompanied children.  80% of them are becoming anchors for illegal immigrants already in the US.  Hey if you don't have a child just have your cousin send theirs.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

« Reply #211 on: April 10, 2019, 01:03:44 am »
Why?  Because RiV is?

No, I'm not losing anything @Sanguine  The problem is you think you're above reproach --- but this alone is worth the price of admission.   88devil

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #212 on: April 10, 2019, 01:05:49 am »
No, I'm not losing anything @Sanguine  The problem is you think you're above reproach --- but this alone is worth the price of admission.   88devil

Whatever that means. 

Glad you enjoyed it.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #213 on: April 10, 2019, 01:07:13 am »
Well no, but could be.  I am talking about Trumps newest round of firing everyone.  He's insane, and no personal responsibility for his part.  Like signing that incentive for illegal aliens to bring unaccompanied children.  80% of them are becoming anchors for illegal immigrants already in the US.  Hey if you don't have a child just have your cousin send theirs.

Don't buy into the leftist media hype.  He's the same as he's always been.  And, he is still the president.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #214 on: April 10, 2019, 01:09:19 am »
Don't buy into the leftist media hype.  He's the same as he's always been.  And, he is still the president.

Besides, Nielsen quit.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #215 on: April 10, 2019, 01:56:23 am »
Wonderful. Catholic Charities and the other pseudoreligious organizations out there pimping "immigrants" get some 6K a head for bringing them in. That $6,000.00 comes from our tax dollars, not the collection plate. It is a fricking scam.
Much of this $1 billion in annual revenue goes to voluntary agencies (VOLAGs), several of which are Christian non-profits, such as Catholic Charities, Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service, World Relief Corporation, Church World Service, and Domestic and Foreign Missionary Service of the Episcopal Church of the USA. (also referred to as Episcopal Migration Ministries), who are contracted on behalf of the government to help these refugees get settled in their new homes in America.

Five of the top nine VOLAGs are Christian non-profits. The other four are Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society, International Rescue Committee, US Committee for Refugees and Immigrants, and the Ethiopian Community Development Council.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2015/11/29/unholy-alliance-christian-charities-profit-1-billion-fed-program-resettle-refugees-40-percent-muslim/

A lot of people do it. Unfortunately, if they didn't do it, maybe the government would. The government contracts them to do this.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #216 on: April 10, 2019, 01:58:54 am »

The way people are talking, it looks like the only way Trump could have acted is unilaterally.  It certainly doesn't seem like the Senate would have passed a wall bill. The House might have.

But as said, a bill to build the wall was passed in 2007; I guess, they keep on not funding it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #217 on: April 10, 2019, 02:51:52 am »
A lot of people do it. Unfortunately, if they didn't do it, maybe the government would. The government contracts them to do this.

@TomSea

Have  you lost your freaking mind?????? If we,the taxpayers are paying those religious parasites to "tend to de poor and needy",we ARE doing it. The government has no wealth it doesn't receive from the taxpayers.

Actually,we are paying them twice. Once by not collecting taxes on their income,and the second time by giving them barrels of cash to do what they are supposed to be paying for themselves to start with.

A decade or more when Willie Brown was the mayor of SF,the Catholic Archdiocese  there tried to refuse to hire homosexuals or give the ones already hired who were married the same benefits they paid to married heterosexual couples by claiming it violates their religious beliefs,which it does.. Since that Archdiocese was pulling in a little over 5 MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR in state and federal grant money,having that funding source cut off was  a VERY big deal. It went to court,and the court ruled they had to pay same sex marriage benefits or lose their government contracts,and suddenly they discovered it wasn't against their religious views after all!

Keep in mind this was 5 MILLION bucks in government aid more than 10 years ago in just ONE city,and to just ONE charity in that city! Who knows what the total taxpayer dollar amount would be if you could to that figure all the "free money" given to other charities in SF.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 02:52:40 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #218 on: April 10, 2019, 02:56:03 am »

@Right_in_Virginia

You need to stop posting from a puddle of hormones @libertybele   

Jealous?

Why don’t you just stop it.  Seriously.  We see that you present your Trump-can-do-no-wrong face here while voicing doubts elsewhere.  Trying to stifle criticism when you do it yourself doesn’t fly.

I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline libertybele

« Reply #219 on: April 10, 2019, 02:59:07 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

You need to stop posting from a puddle of hormones @libertybele   

Jealous?

Why don’t you just stop it.  Seriously.  We see that you present your Trump-can-do-no-wrong face here while voicing doubts elsewhere.  Trying to stifle criticism when you do it yourself doesn’t fly.

Interesting.  Thanks for the info.  Perhaps the eyes are opening after all?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #220 on: April 10, 2019, 02:59:57 am »
Sigh.  I tried.  Thread locked until I feel like it.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #221 on: April 10, 2019, 04:03:09 am »
OK.  Now argue the topic, and stop calling each other names.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #222 on: April 10, 2019, 04:10:40 am »
You know who I blame for all this animosity?

Obama!!!

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #223 on: April 10, 2019, 04:14:22 am »

Glad you didn't close it indefinitely.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #224 on: April 10, 2019, 04:31:03 am »
Glad you didn't close it indefinitely.

Naw.  Never intended to.... happy77
I will NOT comply.