Author Topic: Trump gives Mexico 'one-year' warning for auto tariffs, border shutdown  (Read 12534 times)

Offline goatprairie

Re: Trump gives Mexico 'one-year' warning for auto tariffs, border shutdown
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2019, 02:25:53 pm »
I never expect any candidate I vote for to get much more than half of what they promise.  That's about Trump's average.
 Not happy with the trade wars/tariffs, but the overall economy is doing alright.  And no, I still don't like Trump much.
All presidents promise things they can't deliver. I appreciate trying, and I'll give Trump credit for that...even if, concerning the border,  it's mostly words so far.
But I would like other Trump voters, even his worshippers, to try and hold his feet to the fire.
However,  I'm not about to vote for any gdamn commie next year because Trump hasn't delivered on half of what he promised. You can't always get what you want.
 Half a loaf is better than none.
 And if one of those commies gets elected next year, we'll be eating sh*t sandwiches.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 02:27:50 pm by goatprairie »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2019, 02:31:28 pm »
I say this as someone who did vote for him. Maybe he is the fraud we didn't want to believe he was and that he played us like a fiddle. Now he continues his promises only to get reelected. Plausible? I think so in light of the past 2 years.

Hi @Frandia welcome to TBR.

I think that is exactly what it is.  Trump is a rich person with ties to business and politicians on both sides of the Isle.  He transformed the Presidency into his personal business.  Not only that but he made his family his highest officials.  He is working foreign interests all the time.  Jared, Ivanka.......the whole family.  Jared is selling out the American workers.  He is very busy increasing ways that Employers can hire immigrants over Americans.  If people buy that a second time shame on them.  Trump calls it "Art of the Deal"  How did he make his fortune?  By screwing other people.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2019, 02:34:17 pm »
I never expect any candidate I vote for to get much more than half of what they promise.  That's about Trump's average.
 Not happy with the trade wars/tariffs, but the overall economy is doing alright.  And no, I still don't like Trump much.
All presidents promise things they can't deliver. I appreciate trying, and I'll give Trump credit for that...even if, concerning the border,  it's mostly words so far.
But I would like other Trump voters, even his worshippers, to try and hold his feet to the fire.
However,  I'm not about to vote for any gdamn commie next year because Trump hasn't delivered on half of what he promised. You can't always get what you want.
 Half a loaf is better than none.
 And if one of those commies gets elected next year, we'll be eating sh*t sandwiches.

I am not voting for any Commie either.  There is either going to be a Conservative candidate interested in National Security or I won't vote.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2019, 02:59:54 pm »
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2019, 03:15:09 pm »
I am not voting for any Commie either.  There is either going to be a Conservative candidate interested in National Security or I won't vote.
I believe Trump wants national security. I just think he often talks without pondering what he's saying.

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2019, 03:15:18 pm »
I've noticed that as well, the "Trumpers" don't have a whole lot to say.

@libertybele

At least one is posting elsewhere, and being less complimentary to Trump than she is here.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline Frandia

« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2019, 03:21:40 pm »

I think that is exactly what it is.  Trump is a rich person with ties to business and politicians on both sides of the Isle.  He transformed the Presidency into his personal business.  Not only that but he made his family his highest officials.  He is working foreign interests all the time.  Jared, Ivanka.......the whole family.  Jared is selling out the American workers.  He is very busy increasing ways that Employers can hire immigrants over Americans.  If people buy that a second time shame on them.  Trump calls it "Art of the Deal"  How did he make his fortune?  By screwing other people.

Thank you for the welcome. Jarvanka should not be anywhere near the WH. These past few weeks are giving many of his supporters pause for thought. When you look at the totality of what he claims he accomplished it comes close to zero.

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2019, 03:22:36 pm »
I say this as someone who did vote for him. Maybe he is the fraud we didn't want to believe he was and that he played us like a fiddle. Now he continues his promises only to get reelected. Plausible? I think so in light of the past 2 years.

@Frandia

Trump was a public figure long before he rode down that elevator, and even his most devoted fans know the kind of person he’s always been.  They just ignore it or deny it.  It’s possible to recognize the positive things he’s done without losing sight of his character.

Bottom line, he said it himself: he knows how to tell people what they want to hear.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline skeeter

« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2019, 03:56:21 pm »
I've noticed that as well, the "Trumpers" don't have a whole lot to say.  Unfortunately, Trump's failure at the border is only beginning to impact this country.  Brace yourself.

I've been a supporter, and to say I'm disappointed in his performance on this issue is a gigantic understatement. His failure here will bury us I'm afraid.

That'll have to do. Sorry if its not satisfactorily self debasing.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2019, 04:17:28 pm »
$1 billion a day would be lost. US companies deal with Mexico, we'd be shutting them down. Twin Plants, medical equipment, truck drivers. Funny how all the Cruz toadies once again disagree with Ted. @corbe

'Millions of jobs' at risk if U.S.-Mexico border closes, Sen. Ted Cruz warns
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/04/04/ted-cruz-trump-border-closing-would-devastating-texas/3362333002/

The sad thing, is lots of obstacles already stand in the way of building the wall, wildlife, all of that.

Security, security, security is what is needed.  That's been an effective solution all along, the thing is, is that with changes of administrations, we would probably lessen security,  scale down the Border Patrol and so on.

More agents are needed.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2019, 04:19:13 pm »
$1 billion a day would be lost. US companies deal with Mexico, we'd be shutting them down. Twin Plants, medical equipment, truck drivers. Funny how all the Cruz toadies once again disagree with Ted. @corbe

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/04/04/ted-cruz-trump-border-closing-would-devastating-texas/3362333002/

The sad thing, is lots of obstacles already stand in the way of building the wall, wildlife, all of that.

Security, security, security is what is needed.  That's been an effective solution all along, the thing is, is that with changes of administrations, we would probably lessen security,  scale down the Border Patrol and so on.

More agents are needed.

"Cruz toadies"? 

Offline corbe

« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2019, 04:21:41 pm »
   This is good, I smell progress @Sanguine less than 48 hours ago RiV called me a Beto Toadie.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2019, 04:22:32 pm »
I've been a supporter, and to say I'm disappointed in his performance on this issue is a gigantic understatement. His failure here will bury us I'm afraid.

That'll have to do. Sorry if its not satisfactorily self debasing.

Yeah, I've been disappointed with President Trump on this issue...but Ronald Reagan gave the store away to the Rats on this issue.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2019, 04:25:43 pm »
"Cruz toadies"?

Mr. Toad is not amused....

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2019, 04:33:10 pm »
   This is good, I smell progress @Sanguine less than 48 hours ago RiV called me a Beto Toadie.

:silly:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2019, 04:33:14 pm »

Fraud? To the extent that he had no intention of building a wall, nor shutting down the border, absolutely.  As I have stated many times before, he is ONLY going to do what is going to further line his pockets and those of his family and his cronies.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2019, 04:41:59 pm »

More agents are needed.

More border agents that haven't been bought off by the cartel.  What is needed IMHO, is to shut down enough  of the border to still allow some trade, but shutting off some areas allowing border agents to refocus their manpower.  Secondly, ALLOW the military to line the border well-armed and allow them to use force as necessary.  The ONLY way this invasion is going to be curtailed and even stopped is to treat this exactly as it is; an outright attack on our country.  I know firing  upon some drug smuggler or thug trying to get into our country seems inhumane, but at this point in time, it's either them or us.  I vote for the USA!

If someone was breaking into my home, I wouldn't continue to leave the door open and certainly I wouldn't hesitate to use fire power.  I have every right to protect myself in my own home.  We have every right to protect our country.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frandia

« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2019, 04:52:08 pm »
More border agents that haven't been bought off by the cartel.  What is needed IMHO, is to shut down enough  of the border to still allow some trade, but shutting off some areas allowing border agents to refocus their manpower.  Secondly, ALLOW the military to line the border well-armed and allow them to use force as necessary.  The ONLY way this invasion is going to be curtailed and even stopped is to treat this exactly as it is; an outright attack on our country.  I know firing  upon some drug smuggler or thug trying to get into our country seems inhumane, but at this point in time, it's either them or us.  I vote for the USA!

If someone was breaking into my home, I wouldn't continue to leave the door open and certainly I wouldn't hesitate to use fire power.  I have every right to protect myself in my own home.  We have every right to protect our country.

One key ingredient is missing. The will to do it. Trump claims to have it but no one other than the voters, does.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2019, 05:00:45 pm »
One key ingredient is missing. The will to do it. Trump claims to have it but no one other than the voters, does.

Absolutely.  If if truly was his intent to build a wall, and secure our border it would have been done.  We wall know that he waited till the last minute to push the issue.  He has done nothing but put on a great charade.  There have been several who have come forward and have found the money (Pentagon for example) yet, nothing more has been done.

When he started threatening to shut down the border, you would think, that he or some of his best people, would have advised him how to effectively do it.  No, instead he back pedals.

You would think that when he called in the military, he would have had some type of plan for them other than them taking asylum applications.

His next move (and it will be his biggest money maker) IMHO is to create the NAU (North American Union).  OR, there is a possibility that he will not be re-elected.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2019, 05:44:45 pm »
Notice this new red line in the sand puts it right smack dab in election season which means nothing will be done other than a lot of hot air telling you something must be done and hoping you forget nothing was done.

We gave hell to the last POTUS for moving a red line, and rightly so.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2019, 05:54:06 pm »
A quote from former DHS secretary under Obama, Jeh Johnson.

“When I was in office at Kirstjen Nielsen’s job, at her desk, I’d get to work around 6:30 in the morning and there’d be my intelligence book, sitting on my desk,” Mr. Johnson told MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” crew on Friday. “The PDB and also the apprehension numbers from the day before. And I’d look at them every morning — and my staff will tell you if it was under 1,000 apprehensions the day before that was a relatively good number. And if it was above 1,000 that was a relatively bad number and I was going to be in a bad mood the whole day.”

“On Tuesday there were 4,000 apprehensions,” he said. “I know that a thousand overwhelms the system. I cannot begin to imagine what 4,000 a day looks like, so we are truly in a crisis.”

We cannot afford to wait for a year, with no changes
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 05:55:35 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2019, 05:54:36 pm »
I guess he's not shutting down the border next week   :shrug:

He'd love to, but he listened to Ted Cruz and others and will go another way.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2019, 05:56:47 pm »
Bottom line, he said it himself: he knows how to tell people what they want to hear.

Yep....remember this?

“We started off … 17 people. Now we’re down to not very many people,” he said. “And once you get to a certain level, it changes. I will be changing very rapidly.”

“I’m very capable of changing to anything I want to change to,” the real estate mogul said.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/feb/11/donald-trump-im-very-capable-changing-anything-i-w/
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2019, 05:58:44 pm »

Since you chose to ping me on this thread, I feel entitled to comment to you @Chosen Daughter

I thought of you and the other NTers when I read this story about Barbara Bush.

Your sad obsession with Trump hate reminds me of Barbara Bush.  She stopped being a Republican because of Trump hate and she kept a count down clock by her bed counting down the last days of Trump’s term.  She died while it was counting down.  How sad was that?  And I think you and the other pathetic NTers have a countdown clock.  The problem is that Trump will be re-elected and you’ll have to re-set the clock.  Don’t die looking at a hate clock.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #74 on: April 05, 2019, 06:03:01 pm »
He'd love to, but he listened to Ted Cruz and others and will go another way.

I wonder how he did that since Cruz spoke out after Trump had done his crawfishing?