Author Topic: Trump gives Mexico 'one-year' warning for auto tariffs, border shutdown  (Read 12533 times)

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Trump gives Mexico 'one-year' warning for auto tariffs, border shutdown
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2019, 10:42:42 pm »
No, Trump is maneuvering to get the results he wants and that America needs. The same way he’s maneuvered through negotiations his entire business life. Carrot and stick. He hopes to achieve his goals through the least disruptive actions and with the cooperation of our neighbors to the south, first. If this doesn’t work there are other options.

@aligncare

I don't see this as anything other than a brain fart of epic proportions. If he doesn't reverse this quickly,he needs to go ahead and pack his bags now so he is ready to leave the WH after the next election.

This is nothing less than a total surrender of everything he has claimed to stand for.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline corbe

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2019, 11:10:28 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2019, 12:13:53 am »
Are you kidding me??? Happy dance???? I am pizzed as hell.  I am furious.  Cruz and Romney are not President, Trump is.  Deflecting the issue to them doesn't accomplish jack squat and is quite absurd and indicates Trump supporters don't have a leg to stand on.  So tell me ... how do you explain this of Trump?  How do you not see this as utter and complete FAILURE on his part??  He promised a wall which we don't have.  He shutdown the government which accomplished nothing.  He signed a bad bill allowing states to opt out of a barrier. Then he declared a national emergency and did nothing.  He threatened to close the border and now pushed that out an entire year.

Yes ... please chime in.... I really am all ears.  IF Senator Cruz or Senator Romney or anyone else has some input now on how to straighten out Trump's screw up, I hope that they would come forward!!

You and me both!  I read about this today while on my break.  I was livid.  He just gave himself a pass for a year to do nothing.  He gave them a pass too to increase illegal immigration within the next year.  We already know that they are letting them go without vetting them.  They have already declared they cannot handle the amount of people crossing into the U.S but this failure of a President says I will give you a year.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2019, 12:28:41 am »
Notice this new red line in the sand puts it right smack dab in election season which means nothing will be done other than a lot of hot air telling you something must be done and hoping you forget nothing was done.

The question is, will they get tired of winning or getting promised constant BS, first?

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2019, 12:35:00 am »
You and me both!  I read about this today while on my break.  I was livid.  He just gave himself a pass for a year to do nothing.  He gave them a pass too to increase illegal immigration within the next year.  We already know that they are letting them go without vetting them.  They have already declared they cannot handle the amount of people crossing into the U.S but this failure of a President says I will give you a year.

President Trump has FAILED on the issue BIGLY, although IMHO it was NEVER his intent to build a wall, nor secure the border. This is a very, very sad time for our country.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2019, 12:35:36 am »
@aligncare

I don't see this as anything other than a brain fart of epic proportions. If he doesn't reverse this quickly,he needs to go ahead and pack his bags now so he is ready to leave the WH after the next election.

This is nothing less than a total surrender of everything he has claimed to stand for.

I want him out now.  Couldn't the Democrats be any quicker with impeachment?  Its all a show.  They have no intention because Trump gives them everything they want.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2019, 12:38:03 am »
President Trump has FAILED on the issue BIGLY, although IMHO it was NEVER his intent to build a wall, nor secure the border. This is a very, very sad time for our country.

Yes it is.  I notice some of the "always Trumpers" haven't been around much.  Like @Emjay maybe she finally realized that the man she was worshipping is a phony.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2019, 12:42:43 am »
Yes it is.  I notice some of the "always Trumpers" haven't been around much.  Like @Emjay maybe she finally realized that the man she was worshipping is a phony.

I've noticed that as well, the "Trumpers" don't have a whole lot to say.  Unfortunately, Trump's failure at the border is only beginning to impact this country.  Brace yourself.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2019, 12:51:23 am »
I've noticed that as well, the "Trumpers" don't have a whole lot to say.  Unfortunately, Trump's failure at the border is only beginning to impact this country.  Brace yourself.

And there is always an excuse for him by some people.  Everything he has said he didn't mean.  He wasn't going to vote for the first spending bill but he did.  Then he wasn't going to do it ever again, but he did.  He shut down the government just to open it with nothing to show for it.  Then after he signs away our rights to build the wall he declares state of Emergency.  But he couldn't build the wall where any local government opposes it because he allowed them to opt out.  Like El Paso where illegal immigration is booming.

He has given the Democrats everything they want and more.  And we are still funding Planned Parenthood too.

Would a real Conservative please step in and show your intention to take this country back?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 12:53:36 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2019, 01:00:01 am »

I worshipped nobody @Chosen Daughter   I did admire and respect a great President, Donald Trump and I still do.

I stopped coming around because I was afraid the abysmal ignorance displayed daily by you and a number of others would seep off the screen and infect me.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2019, 01:06:18 am »
I worshipped nobody @Chosen Daughter   I did admire and respect a great President, Donald Trump and I still do.

I stopped coming around because I was afraid the abysmal ignorance displayed daily by you and a number of others would seep off the screen and infect me.

That was fast!  You have been lurking.   

Offline libertybele

« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2019, 01:11:32 am »
And there is always an excuse for him by some people.  Everything he has said he didn't mean.  He wasn't going to vote for the first spending bill but he did.  Then he wasn't going to do it ever again, but he did.  He shut down the government just to open it with nothing to show for it.  Then after he signs away our rights to build the wall he declares state of Emergency.  But he couldn't build the wall where any local government opposes it because he allowed them to opt out.  Like El Paso where illegal immigration is booming.

He has given the Democrats everything they want and more.  And we are still funding Planned Parenthood too.

Would a real Conservative please step in and show your intention to take this country back?

I fear that it may be too late.  It has been reported that border patrol will be releasing 650,000 into the country this year that they can account for. I believe that that figure is probably very conservative. The latest studies are now indicating that the estimated illegal population is double of what was originally believed or reported.  The estimates are now over 22,000,000 and one report is indicating an estimate of over 30,000,000 and nothing is being done.  I would venture to say that deportations are now a thing of the past. 

https://insights.som.yale.edu/insights/yale-study-finds-twice-as-many-undocumented-immigrants-as-previous-estimates

https://mitsloan.mit.edu/ideas-made-to-matter/study-undocumented-immigrant-population-roughly-double-current-estimate

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/11/conflicting-new-estimates-of-illegal-immigration/

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/yale-shocker-29-5-million-illegal-immigrants-3x-higher-than-census-number

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2019, 01:16:55 am »
My livelihood relies on international trade and terrifs and threats of border closures are concerning. But I took this as an empty threat from the beginning.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2019, 01:21:49 am »
That was fast!  You have been lurking.

I don't think so.  Just coincidental.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2019, 01:22:23 am »

Seep off the screen and infect you?? Wow.  888mouth

Offline libertybele

« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2019, 01:31:45 am »
My livelihood relies on international trade and terrifs and threats of border closures are concerning. But I took this as an empty threat from the beginning.

Another empty threat from the President doesn't exactly bode well for getting Mexico to help out the situation at the border.  He can only cry wolf so many times, before they ignore his bluffs.

Yes, border closures affecting trade and our economy are of concern. However, losing our country is an even greater concern!  I believe we are all going to have to make some sacrifices if we truly want to save our country. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2019, 01:33:47 am »
I fear that it may be too late.  It has been reported that border patrol will be releasing 650,000 into the country this year that they can account for. I believe that that figure is probably very conservative. The latest studies are now indicating that the estimated illegal population is double of what was originally believed or reported.  The estimates are now over 22,000,000 and one report is indicating an estimate of over 30,000,000 and nothing is being done.  I would venture to say that deportations are now a thing of the past. 

https://insights.som.yale.edu/insights/yale-study-finds-twice-as-many-undocumented-immigrants-as-previous-estimates

https://mitsloan.mit.edu/ideas-made-to-matter/study-undocumented-immigrant-population-roughly-double-current-estimate

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/11/conflicting-new-estimates-of-illegal-immigration/

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/yale-shocker-29-5-million-illegal-immigrants-3x-higher-than-census-number

ICE wrote an angry letter to Trump not too long ago.

https://therightscoop.com/ice-officers-write-angry-letter-to-trump/

They did have a bid raid in Texas today.  But they can't keep up with thousands coming per day.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ice-arrests-280-at-texas-firm-biggest-immigration-bust-in-a-decade/ar-BBVBVgI?OCID=ansmsnnews11
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 01:35:16 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2019, 03:00:38 am »
...hmm... silence from the staunch Trump support crowd.  Waiting patiently for them to weigh in on this one. Very difficult to refute that he has FAILED bigly on this issue.

You mean like the ones that incessantly whine when pro-trump threads don't get commented on, or, God forbid, trump throws yet another campaign rally and no one starts a worship thread?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2019, 03:49:44 am »
@libertybele

We are just allowing Party People like you get your little happy dances out of the way before we chime in.

Can't wait for you to splain to me how Cruz,Romney,or any of the other usual suspects would have handled it.

They wouldn't spit in my face and say it's rainy season and one of the wettest we've ever seen from the standpoint of water.
But for the Trumpers, GET DOWN! 444444

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2019, 04:28:21 am »
What needs to be done is eliminate what draws them, jobs and entitlements. We need to punish those that hire them, and E-verify.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2019, 04:37:55 am »
What needs to be done is eliminate what draws them, jobs and entitlements. We need to punish those that hire them, and E-verify.

How many cross the border and right away drop a baby?  We need to stop the entitlements.  That is what will stop them.  If they can't come and walk into a hospital and have a child for free.

Today I read that Jared Kushner is working to get more legal immigration also for both low and high wage earners.  This administration is a spit in the face.

One way to stop the illegal immigration.  Moratorium on any visa's and H1/2 B's.  Moratorium on all legal immigration.  Send a message.  No more immigration until the border is secure.  Hit the right people in the pockets and then politicians will do something.   But no, we are hit from the front and from behind.  Trump and company is the welfare line for corporations who want to hire cheap and let citizens pick up the tab for immigrants families.

white house
As Trump rages over border, Kushner quietly plans legal immigration boost
Hard-line activists are ready to oppose any move to expand immigration.

By ANITA KUMAR 04/03/2019 05:02 AM EDT

Even as President Donald Trump threatens to shut down the southern border, his administration is quietly working on a plan to expand some forms of legal immigration into the U.S.
Jared Kushner, Trump’s son-in-law and senior adviser, has been working for months on a proposal that could increase the number of low- and high-skilled workers admitted to the country annually, four people involved in the discussions told POLITICO.

The low-profile effort to allow more legal immigrants into the U.S. stands in stark contrast to Trump’s increasingly dramatic efforts to curb illegal immigration, an issue he speaks about daily and describes as a national crisis. But Trump himself has publicly said he also supports higher levels of legal immigration, a priority generally backed by a business community short on skilled workers.
The effort began in January when Kushner started to convene a series of meetings with dozens of advocacy groups, including business and agriculture organizations. Some, though not all of them, openly support the expansion of legal immigration. It has continued in recent weeks with a smaller four-person White House working group led by Kushner and could generate a proposal for Congress by summer.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/04/03/jared-kushner-expand-legal-immigration-1249950

Jared Kushner privately working on reshaping legal immigration
By Franco Ordoñez
February 20, 2019 05:00 PM

What is clear from conversations with participants and both current and former Trump officials is that Kushner has helped kicked off a fresh discussion on immigration that reflects a new paradigm in the White House. It’s a shift away from priorities of 2017 that sought to prevent the influx of foreign workers who could displace American workers in favor of a new approach preferred by more traditional Republicans, particularly those close to the corporate sector who are desperate to attract more foreign workers to fill U.S. factories and tech hubs.

Read more here: https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article226462025.html#storylink=cpy

Read more here: https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article226462025.html#storylink=cpy

« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 04:57:53 am by Chosen Daughter »

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2019, 08:16:22 am »
They wouldn't spit in my face and say it's rainy season and one of the wettest we've ever seen from the standpoint of water.
But for the Trumpers, GET DOWN! 444444

@Once-Ler

No,they would <personal insult removed>. And you would pay money for the opportunity.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 01:20:50 pm by Mod2 »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Frandia

« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2019, 10:25:17 am »
Are you kidding me??? Happy dance???? I am pizzed as hell.  I am furious.  Cruz and Romney are not President, Trump is.  Deflecting the issue to them doesn't accomplish jack squat and is quite absurd and indicates Trump supporters don't have a leg to stand on.  So tell me ... how do you explain this of Trump?  How do you not see this as utter and complete FAILURE on his part??  He promised a wall which we don't have.  He shutdown the government which accomplished nothing.  He signed a bad bill allowing states to opt out of a barrier. Then he declared a national emergency and did nothing.  He threatened to close the border and now pushed that out an entire year.

Yes ... please chime in.... I really am all ears.  IF Senator Cruz or Senator Romney or anyone else has some input now on how to straighten out Trump's screw up, I hope that they would come forward!!

I say this as someone who did vote for him. Maybe he is the fraud we didn't want to believe he was and that he played us like a fiddle. Now he continues his promises only to get reelected. Plausible? I think so in light of the past 2 years.

Offline dancer

« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2019, 12:02:13 pm »
...hmm... silence from the staunch Trump support crowd.  Waiting patiently for them to weigh in on this one. Very difficult to refute that he has FAILED bigly on this issue.

Did anyone here listen to the video?  Sigh.

FAKE NEWS!

At 5:53 to 8:30 minutes, the interview covers Mexico.
Within that segment, at 8:02 minutes a reporter asks him about 1 year of open borders, which Trump immediately denies very clearly.

22222frying pan

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2019, 01:12:06 pm »
I believe I was correct in stating that it was absolute lunacy to give one of the most wealthiest men in the world the keys to the Kingdom....he's setting up things for him, his family and cronies to make a fortune.  Wait and see.
@libertybele

I have talked about his personality disorders and most of his supporters don't believe it.  Yesterday, I heard the Trump writer of Trump's book explain his behavior this way:  Trump says what works at that moment, true or not, just says what works at that moment.  He 100% does with with every statement every day - say what works at that moment - he has no thought of true or not, just say what works. 

That is why one cannot believe him as he changes every day, saying what works at that moment.  In all my years of psychological testing, I have never come across an individual like him.