Author Topic: Trump gives Mexico 'one-year' warning for auto tariffs, border shutdown  (Read 12882 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Trump gives Mexico 'one-year' warning for auto tariffs, border shutdown
« Reply #175 on: April 09, 2019, 12:01:59 pm »
While I have no issue smashing any leftist judge's stones...it is the law:

"Try as it may, the Trump administration cannot simply ignore our laws in order to accomplish its goal of preventing people from seeking asylum in the United States.”

@Frandia

No,it is a foreign policy/political decision.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Frandia

« Reply #176 on: April 09, 2019, 12:18:20 pm »
@Frandia

No,it is a foreign policy/political decision.

Of course there is politics behind it but the law was written the way it was and there isn't much can be done until it reaches the SC.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #177 on: April 09, 2019, 01:30:06 pm »
While I have no issue smashing any leftist judge's stones...it is the law:

"Try as it may, the Trump administration cannot simply ignore our laws in order to accomplish its goal of preventing people from seeking asylum in the United States.”

Wait - what is the law?  The judge's ruling?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #178 on: April 09, 2019, 01:33:50 pm »
Wait - what is the law?  The judge's ruling?

888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #179 on: April 09, 2019, 01:36:35 pm »
 Bookmark 🔖
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline libertybele

« Reply #180 on: April 09, 2019, 01:44:57 pm »
Bookmark 🔖

With the direction this country is going right now, I'm not so sure we even have a year.  We are rapidly losing our country as we know her and no one is doing a damn thing. All the steps that Trump has taken is only encouraging a continued and larger invasion.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #181 on: April 09, 2019, 01:46:33 pm »
With the direction this country is going right now, I'm not so sure we even have a year.  We are rapidly losing our country as we know her and no one is doing a damn thing. All the steps that Trump has taken is only encouraging a continued and larger invasion.

It's all the steps that Trump ISN'T taking that is encouraging the invasion.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #182 on: April 09, 2019, 01:55:50 pm »

Well that too.  Announcing and threatening what he's going to do, has also encouraged the invasion.  Now they realize that they have a year.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 01:57:06 pm by libertybele »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #183 on: April 09, 2019, 02:13:03 pm »

Please, @Sanguine give this bullshit a GD rest for a while.  Every step the President has taken has been blocked by Congress or the Courts. He's got a small window of opportunity and he is moving full steam ahead before congress or the courts tell him he can't use the Pentagon's redirected money. Now the court has said the migrants can't remain in Mexico because Mexico's too mean.

The only thing left is to crash the economy.  You up for that, sunshine?

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #184 on: April 09, 2019, 02:40:22 pm »

4/3/2019, 8:51:19 AM · 1,669 of 3,321
Right_in_Virginia to exit82

What’s the President doing with his state of emergency declaration?

Right_In_Virginia to exit82

Don’t know, but Trump needs to shut down the border, stop remittances to all of Central America, stop taking ANY new immigrants or asylum cases as of right now,put the Army at the border in force, deport visa overstays and illegal aliens en masse, end sanctuary cities,bomb the cartel’s headquarters,and build the hell out of the Wall.
But hey, what do I know?

He's got to do something. Now there's talk Trump will close the border to all except commerce. I've no idea what the heck good this does.

He's got an emergency declaration in effect. Where is the wall building?

Why wait until Friday to visit the border and allow another 50,000 in? We're now busing them from the border to Catholic charities.

I'm not seeing a plan here. He's being cautious at a time when he needs to be fearless.
Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1670 | View Replies

I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #185 on: April 09, 2019, 02:51:18 pm »
Please, @Sanguine give this bullshit a GD rest for a while.  Every step the President has taken has been blocked by Congress or the Courts. He's got a small window of opportunity and he is moving full steam ahead before congress or the courts tell him he can't use the Pentagon's redirected money. Now the court has said the migrants can't remain in Mexico because Mexico's too mean.

Sunshine?  Could you try being a tiny bit more condescending?

Regardless of your ill manners, there are a number of policy things that Trump coulda/shoulda already done.  Yes, the courts will try to block him at every turn, and he needs to present specific court actions to the Supremes in an expedited manner.  Some, if not most, of those rulings will be overturned.  He's got to quit flailing and tweeting and do some effective actions.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #186 on: April 09, 2019, 03:08:07 pm »

If not, you'd better be, because that is where this will take us, one way or the other. Let's just borrow a few more trillion so we can trade Zimbabwe bucks at par.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #187 on: April 09, 2019, 03:10:28 pm »
4/3/2019, 8:51:19 AM · 1,669 of 3,321
Right_in_Virginia to exit82

What’s the President doing with his state of emergency declaration?

Right_In_Virginia to exit82

Don’t know, but Trump needs to shut down the border, stop remittances to all of Central America, stop taking ANY new immigrants or asylum cases as of right now,put the Army at the border in force, deport visa overstays and illegal aliens en masse, end sanctuary cities,bomb the cartel’s headquarters,and build the hell out of the Wall.
But hey, what do I know?

He's got to do something. Now there's talk Trump will close the border to all except commerce. I've no idea what the heck good this does.

He's got an emergency declaration in effect. Where is the wall building?

Why wait until Friday to visit the border and allow another 50,000 in? We're now busing them from the border to Catholic charities.

I'm not seeing a plan here. He's being cautious at a time when he needs to be fearless.
Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1670 | View Replies
Wonderful. Catholic Charities and the other pseudoreligious organizations out there pimping "immigrants" get some 6K a head for bringing them in. That $6,000.00 comes from our tax dollars, not the collection plate. It is a fricking scam.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #188 on: April 09, 2019, 03:12:03 pm »
Every step the President has taken has been blocked by Congress or the Courts. He's got a small window of opportunity and he is moving full steam ahead before congress or the courts tell him he can't use the Pentagon's redirected money.

Bee effing ess. There has been no plan, there is no plan, and there won’t be a plan. All he’s ever wanted to do was have the issue, so he can rail and Twitter rage against the opposition, media, courts, McCain, illegals, or whomever puts a burr under his saddle on any given day. Having a grievance and someone to blame is (as your hackneyed phrase goes) his raison d'etre.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #189 on: April 09, 2019, 03:12:40 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Don't know,don't care. That is Mexico's problem.

Betcha they crack down on people slipping across THEIR southern border,though.

@sneakypete

I just wonder, without a wall, how do we keep the urchins on the other side of the border without occupying Mexican territory?  That was the question I was aiming at.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #190 on: April 09, 2019, 03:13:51 pm »
Well that too.  Announcing and threatening what he's going to do, has also encouraged the invasion.  Now they realize that they have a year.
Now they realize they only (well, maybe) have a year. Which means the hordes will be at the gates, where there are gates, that is. Nothing like advertising "For a limited time only" to import the next wave of Democrat voters who don't have a clue what America is about, don't speak the language, and have no intent of learning it. Pump them full of BS and turn them loose.

It's like watching a plane crash in slow motion.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #191 on: April 09, 2019, 03:20:48 pm »
@sneakypete

I just wonder, without a wall, how do we keep the urchins on the other side of the border without occupying Mexican territory?  That was the question I was aiming at.

You didn't ask, but a good argument could be made that what Mexico is doing is an act of war.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #192 on: April 09, 2019, 06:56:05 pm »
If not, you'd better be, because that is where this will take us, one way or the other. Let's just borrow a few more trillion so we can trade Zimbabwe bucks at par.

@Smokin Joe

EXACTLY!

How can ANYONE with two IQ points to rub together not see how our economy will implode after we invite the entire freaking 3rd world to move in and live for free?

We either take control of our borders NOW,or we won't have any borders or a country in 2021.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #193 on: April 09, 2019, 06:58:17 pm »
Wonderful. Catholic Charities and the other pseudoreligious organizations out there pimping "immigrants" get some 6K a head for bringing them in. That $6,000.00 comes from our tax dollars, not the collection plate. It is a fricking scam.

@Smokin Joe

I was saying this back when I was still allowed to post on FR,and heads would explode every time I would write about it. Heads sitting on self-styled "conservative" shoulders.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #194 on: April 09, 2019, 06:59:41 pm »
@sneakypete

@Cyber Liberty

We won't. That's why the globalists in the Dim and the alleged Republican Party don't want us building a wall.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #195 on: April 09, 2019, 07:00:35 pm »
You didn't ask, but a good argument could be made that what Mexico is doing is an act of war.

If the US sets up detention facilities south of the border on Mexican soil, that would actually be an act of war.  It would be a defacto "occupation."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #196 on: April 09, 2019, 07:04:19 pm »
If the US sets up detention facilities south of the border on Mexican soil, that would actually be an act of war.  It would be a defacto "occupation."

@Cyber Liberty

WHAT is all this nonsense about "detention centers" everyone is ranting about? We don't NEED no stinking detention centers. These people are coming into our country without our permission,which makes them invaders. We have the right to shoot them as we find them.

Since we obviously don't want to do that,the only other alternative is to build walls and guards legal entrances to keep them out. If thousands of them set up camp in Mexico,that is Mexico's fault for not protecting THEIR southern border.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #197 on: April 09, 2019, 07:18:05 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

WHAT is all this nonsense about "detention centers" everyone is ranting about? We don't NEED no stinking detention centers. These people are coming into our country without our permission,which makes them invaders. We have the right to shoot them as we find them.

Since we obviously don't want to do that,the only other alternative is to build walls and guards legal entrances to keep them out. If thousands of them set up camp in Mexico,that is Mexico's fault for not protecting THEIR southern border.

Once they set foot on American soil, they have all rights you and I do.  More in some ways.  It's been this way since some brainiacs in black robes on SCOTUS decided non-citizens have all the rights citizens do.
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #198 on: April 09, 2019, 08:22:04 pm »
Once they set foot on American soil, they have all rights you and I do.  More in some ways.  It's been this way since some brainiacs in black robes on SCOTUS decided non-citizens have all the rights citizens do.

@Cyber Liberty

Which is why we close the detention centers and stop them at the wall or legal entrance points. Any found in the US that didn't enter legally are criminal invaders,and need to be treated that way.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #199 on: April 09, 2019, 08:49:12 pm »

You are way out of line RIV!!!!  The small window(s) of opportunity that Trump had is GONE!!!  You need to open your eyes sweetheart and realize that you've been duped!!