Author Topic: Senate Dems Launch Attack on Electoral College  (Read 492 times)

rangerrebew

Senate Dems Launch Attack on Electoral College
« on: April 04, 2019, 04:13:27 pm »
Senate Dems Launch Attack on Electoral College

Already under fire in nearly a dozen states across America, the Electoral College is now under attack by a group of Senate Democrats who want to abolish it just in time for 2020. At least one of the Left’s presidential candidates is already championing the measure. Democratic candidate Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (CA) defended her support, arguing: “The Electoral College has distorted the outcome of elections and disenfranchised millions of voters, and I think that’s wrong.” If successful, abolishing the Electoral College would turn America’s presidential election into a mob rule popularity contest run by large cities and the most populated states in the U.S., such as New York and California. A similar measure has already been introduced in the House by Representative Steve Cohen (D-TN). Leave it to Leftist Democrats to undermine the framers’ wisdom and let the outcome of presidential elections be determined by mass hysteria. Memo to the left: Athens is calling; they want their instrument of self-destruction back.

http://www.con-alerts.com/senate-dems-launch-attack-on-electoral-college/

Offline Frandia

Re: Senate Dems Launch Attack on Electoral College
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 04:27:01 pm »
The EC isn't going anywhere. I get the point that your vote often doesn't matter if we go by the EC but if one understands the purpose of the EC then they wouldn't want it abolished.  Do you really want NYC and California retards electing your president?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 04:35:07 pm »
The EC isn't going anywhere because its abolishment would require the concurrence of 2/3rds of the states.    The smaller states would need to vote for their own political marginalization.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 04:39:26 pm »
The EC isn't going anywhere because its abolishment would require the concurrence of 2/3rds of the states.    The smaller states would need to vote for their own political marginalization.

It's more difficult than 2/3rds of the states.

A proposed amendment becomes part of the Constitution as soon as it is ratified by three-fourths of the States (38 of 50 States).

https://www.archives.gov/federal-register/constitution
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 04:44:00 pm »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 04:49:55 pm »
Thanks for the correction, @Cyber Liberty  :beer:

:beer:

I'm glad you took that in the spirit it was intended!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2019, 04:51:21 pm »
Bottom line:  It ain't happening in time for 2020.
I will NOT comply.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2019, 04:51:50 pm »
 The Democrats are fully aware that the electoral college is not going anywhere because  they know 3/4 of the states are not going to vote to give New York and California full power in a presidential election

These are just bones thrown to their rabid base.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy