Author Topic: Transphobia’s New Target Is the World of Sports - The Nation (Leftist Swill)  (Read 316 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The Nation:

Transphobia’s New Target Is the World of Sports
By Dave ZirinTwitter March 5, 2019
First it was bathrooms, now it’s athletics.

Terry Miller, second from left, wins the final of the 55-meter dash over Andraya Yearwood, left, and other runners in New Haven, Connecticut. in February. (AP Photo / Pat Eaton-Robb)

There is a growing backlash developing against trans women competing in women’s sports. Last week, a column by tennis legend Martina Navratilova in the London Sunday Times argued that trans women be barred from competing in women’s sports—and the far right is taking her arguments and running with them. In South Dakota (much to Martina’s chagrin, it must be noted), Republican politicians recently used her column as justification for a proposed ban against trans athletes in high-school sports. It was the fourth time an anti-trans bill had been put forward in South Dakota so far during this legislative session. All four have been unsuccessful.

Meanwhile, in Connecticut, two trans high-school athletes have ignited more controversy. Terry Miller and Andraya Yearwood finished in first and second place respectively at the state open indoor-track championships last month. Instead of celebrating one of the great moments of their lives, they were immediately put on the defensive about their right to compete in the first place.

The Daily Caller, Tucker Carlson’s pet white-nationalist website, posted an article (forgive me for not linking to it) that crudely misgenders both Miller and Yearwood in its headline, “Male Runners Continue Dominating Girls’ High School Track In Connecticut.” It has been shared tens of thousands of times, helping to advance the idea that young trans-women—whom The Daily Caller identifies as “male”—are invading girls and womens sports. First it was bathrooms, now it’s athletics.

Read more at: https://www.thenation.com/article/trans-runner-daily-caller-terry-miller-andraya-yearwood-martina-navratilova/

The inmates are running the asylum, this is insanity. 

And I think I've been reasonably compassionate on these matters.  These people should not be discriminated against but they sure as heck don't belong in women's sports and vice-versa. It's difficult to even fathom the reasoning.

https://twitter.com/obianuju/status/1113764137954312192
African pro-life activist comments.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 03:37:45 pm by TomSea »

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Remember when a questionable athlete was given a chromosome test to insure fairness? Now all a man has to do is say they are a woman and everyone is supposed suspend reality. Every damn one of these 'trans' victories should have a huge asterisk along side the persons name, at least twice the size of print of the name.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
There is a growing backlash developing against trans women competing in women’s sports

Called it.
The Republic is lost.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Fractured eye socket, this isn't the kind of stuff to take lightly.

Offline goatprairie

The Nation:

The inmates are running the asylum, this is insanity. 

And I think I've been reasonably compassionate on these matters.  These people should not be discriminated against but they sure as heck don't belong in women's sports and vice-versa. It's difficult to even fathom the reasoning.

https://twitter.com/obianuju/status/1113764137954312192
African pro-life activist comments.
"The inmates are running the asylum, this is insanity."

This is Dave (Stalin was too kind) Zirin of The Nation. Everything I've read from Zirin makes me conclude he still believes athletes, especially black athletes, are victims of cruel team owners who exploit them by paying them millions of dollars to swing a stick, bounce a basketball, or knock somebody down.
He now extends his worry to "transathletes" who are currently ruining women's sports.
I knew immediately  which side of the issue Zirin would be on. He would be for defending and championing the sick freaks who are taking over women's sports and ruining it for real girls. 
What else can you expect from a leftist like Zirin? Anything to ruin traditional sports and by extension traditional America. 

Offline goatprairie

Remember when a questionable athlete was given a chromosome test to insure fairness? Now all a man has to do is say they are a woman and everyone is supposed suspend reality. Every damn one of these 'trans' victories should have a huge asterisk along side the persons name, at least twice the size of print of the name.
Give them their own sports. See how many people follow them. Let Zirin and the other leftist media nuts support them.