Author Topic: How May I Close the Border? Let Me Count the Ways.  (Read 237 times)

rangerrebew

How May I Close the Border? Let Me Count the Ways.
« on: April 04, 2019, 10:37:34 am »
April 4, 2019
How May I Close the Border? Let Me Count the Ways.
By Ted Noel

With the recent admission by Jeh Johnson that there actually is a crisis at the border, it seems even more likely that the spate of lawsuits against the president's emergency declaration will fail.  But that has no effect on the multitudes attempting to scale the ramparts and overwhelm the United States.  The Democrats in Congress will be of no help whatever, so President Trump is left with a single ally: himself.

That leaves open the question of what options he has.  Article 2, Section 2 of the Constitution makes him the commander in chief of our military forces.  But before we fix bayonets against a horde of mothers, there are other actions Donald Trump can take based on Article 2, Section 1.  He is the chief executive, and all executive power is vested in him.  Not in Congress.  Not in some administrative agency.  In him.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/04/how_may_i_close_the_border_let_me_count_the_ways.html#ixzz5k7c78AbB

Offline Frandia

Re: How May I Close the Border? Let Me Count the Ways.
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 11:41:48 am »
Is this another one of those options that he, like Sessions was,is  working in the background on? So far every threat that Trump has claimed he will use has fallen by the wayside. He closed the government which was the only thing he did say he would do and he did it. He ate crow afterwards.