Author Topic: Cruz: 'Devastating' if Trump closes U.S.-Mexico border  (Read 2169 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Cruz: 'Devastating' if Trump closes U.S.-Mexico border
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2019, 03:16:01 am »
  Lay off Ivanka @Chosen Daughter

Well, nothing like a little incentive to get the job done!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2019, 03:42:33 am »
Well, nothing like a little incentive to get the job done!

If that thing had actually been on her boobs would have fallen out!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline corbe

« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2019, 03:50:05 am »
   It seems the whole damn world has just become another season of some damn reality show, with the worst writers and producers.
   And some people in my life wonder why I get stoned.

I have convinced myself that those that question my general outlook always seem to be the ones that need the most help.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2019, 05:38:29 am »
Thanks for the input @corbe   So, how are you enjoying working for the Beto campaign?
Good Show!!! Dumbest Post of the Week!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2019, 11:09:23 am »
Trump had the opportunity to get things done when he had a FULL majority, yet he did NOTHING. 

I suggest you educate yourself on how the Executive and Congressional branches work @libertybele   It's the least a constitutional conservative should understand.  The President tried ...and tried to implement immigration reform, but Ryan's House wasn't having any of it.

Absent this understanding you're just flailing your arms like a two year old in the middle of a tantrum.  Maybe you'll wear yourself out and take a much needed nap.   :shrug:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2019, 01:24:17 pm »
I suggest you educate yourself on how the Executive and Congressional branches work @libertybele   It's the least a constitutional conservative should understand.  The President tried ...and tried to implement immigration reform, but Ryan's House wasn't having any of it.

Absent this understanding you're just flailing your arms like a two year old in the middle of a tantrum.  Maybe you'll wear yourself out and take a much needed nap.   :shrug:

First off, @RIV quit the snarky attitude!  Of course I'm aware of the three branches of government.  So ... what YOU are implying is that Trump did nothing because he thought he wouldn't accomplish what he promised??  He doesn't have the authority to call in the military?  He doesn't have the authority for e.o's??  Really?   He couldn't declare a national emergency when the first caravans started coming through and actually did something?? You said  Trump tried with Ryan, so did he figure that he'd have better chances with Nancy after the GOP lost the house?? I declare b.s.  He had a full majority and he FAILED!!!

@Right_in_Virginia you'd rather bury your head in the sand and give Trump absolution for playing tiddly winks with Nancy, signing a bad bill allowing states to opt out of a barrier and  breaking the one promise that he campaigned on.  The border situation is worse than it ever has been!! Worse than under Bammy, worse than under 'W'.  There is no denying that, yet you choose to do so.  A couple of us in here have posted the stats ... I suggest you educate yourself with a dose of reality.  IF his inaction, games, threats, hot air and tweets continue on the border crisis it will cost us the sovereignty of our country.  Not something to be applauding and patting him on the back for.  Well...at least most people don't think so.  Others who give him a free pass such as yourself continue to put blame and responsibility on everyone else but him!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2019, 02:01:15 pm »
Perhaps closing the border would result in an economic catastrophe.

But I prefer that to a humanitarian one. Which is what the flood of illegals represent.

Close the border of that will help solve this problem.
If there is an economic catastrophe the Dems will win in 2020.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2019, 02:28:44 pm »

If Trump doesn't deal effectively with the immigrant crisis, the dems will win in 2020.  Either way, America loses.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2019, 02:30:40 pm »

If the border isn't effectively controlled the democrats will win in 2020, and in every other future election.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2019, 02:32:25 pm »
  The border situation is worse than it ever has been!! Worse than under Bammy,

So you're giving Trump credit for a booming economy?   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2019, 02:33:29 pm »

Of course.  All this talk about closing the border is short-sighted, hysterical and stupid.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Idiot

« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2019, 02:48:07 pm »
Hate to point this out, but Trump hasn't done anything yet.  Still waiting.... :im waiting:
That's because he's still waiting to feel the wind on his finger in the air to see which direction to go.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2019, 03:49:18 pm »
If Trump doesn't deal effectively with the immigrant crisis, the dems will win in 2020.  Either way, America loses.

Trump hesitating and hoping that Mexico is going to do something is only allowing the problem to grow and fester.  The longer he waits, the better the chances of a DEM takeover. 

Isn't he supposed to visit the border again tomorrow??