Author Topic: Talk About Grasping at Straws, Beto Implies the Electoral College Is Just Like Slavery  (Read 665 times)

rangerrebew

Talk About Grasping at Straws, Beto Implies the Electoral College Is Just Like Slavery

By Ben Marquis
Published April 2, 2019 at 2:30pm

A growing number of Democrats are demanding the Electoral College be abolished in favor of a national popular vote, undoubtedly as a response to the failed 2016 Democratic candidate having gained more popular votes in the election yet coming up short in electoral votes. Thankfully, that urging by leftists has been blocked by that pesky Constitution and the convoluted process for passing amendments.

The latest prominent Democrat to call for the abolition of the Electoral College is 2020 Democratic candidate and former Texas Rep. Robert “Beto” O’Rourke, who ludicrously insinuated that the Electoral College was a national mistake akin to slavery, the Washington Free Beacon reported.

https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/talk-grasping-straws-beto-implies-electoral-college-just-like-slavery/

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Something to think about. The Electoral College pretty much guarantees a 2 party system. It's too hard for a 3rd party to win a state, much less half of them. If we go to the popular vote, that makes it possible for 5 or 6 candidates to have a chance of winning. So you would end up with Hillary, Biden, Bernie, Trump, Cruz and Jeb all vying for the popular vote, hoping for a Jesse Ventura moment.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Photo from a rally in Austin. The ignorant leftists are in full adoration mode, elevating Robert Francis to a deity.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Photo from a rally in Austin. The ignorant leftists are in full adoration mode, elevating Robert Francis to a deity.

Sort of ironic.  In order to claim that, one can't believe in Christ.

Offline kevindavis007

Something to think about. The Electoral College pretty much guarantees a 2 party system. It's too hard for a 3rd party to win a state, much less half of them. If we go to the popular vote, that makes it possible for 5 or 6 candidates to have a chance of winning. So you would end up with Hillary, Biden, Bernie, Trump, Cruz and Jeb all vying for the popular vote, hoping for a Jesse Ventura moment.

Another plus for the electoral college. I favor the system like Maine and Nebraska.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Online jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Despite his ability to raise money, with his idiotic comments that make him the male version of AOC, I just cannot believe this idiot will make it to Iowa.

Offline corbe

I'll trade 3/5 status for all Dems in return for the abolishment of the EC. 
   Another Civil War seems inevitable at this point anyway.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I reserve my opinion on this until Chicago and the coasts decide for me who the President will be.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline corbe

I reserve my opinion on this until Chicago and the coasts decide for me who the President will be.

It's probably already been decided, we just haven't seen the memo.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

I'll trade 3/5 status for all Dems in return for the abolishment of the EC. 
  Another Civil War seems inevitable at this point anyway.

Definitely seems like a possibility at this point in time.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.