Author Topic: Stop Trying To Make Pete Buttigieg Happen  (Read 165 times)

Online mountaineer

Stop Trying To Make Pete Buttigieg Happen
« on: April 03, 2019, 01:44:12 pm »
Stop Trying To Make Pete Buttigieg Happen
Everyone seems to have a stake in Mayor Pete becoming a major candidate. It’s not going to happen.
April 3, 2019
By David Marcus   
Pete Buttigieg, the jolly and substantive mayor of South Bend, Indiana, is having his day in the sun. Conservatives like David Brooks in The New York Times and liberals like, well, everyone on CNN seem convinced that Mayor Pete is having a breakthrough moment. Loathe as I am to be a wet blanket, I think this is all pretty much crazy talk.

The big news yesterday was that Buttigieg, whose last name Americans may or may not eventually learn to pronounce, had raised $7 million in the first quarter of his campaign. That’s not chump change. The only two other campaigns that announced their earnings, Bernie Sanders and Kamala Harris, had $18 and $12 million, respectively. Seven million dollars is a lot of walking around money, and not to be sneezed at, but the 1-3 percent that Buttigieg is polling at nationally is only 1-3 percent more than I’m getting.  ...

There is no reason to believe Buttigieg will ever poll in the double digits, and there is plenty of reason to believe that he won’t. He is, simply put, not a serious candidate for president, but a placeholder while Democrats try to decide who they are. Who they are, however, is becoming increasingly clear, and it’s not the fainting couch faculty lounge crowd that so many believe it to be. ...
Read entire article
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org