Author Topic: Missouri: Michael Brown’s mother loses Ferguson City Council race  (Read 951 times)

Online mountaineer

Michael Brown’s mother loses Ferguson City Council race
April 3, 2019 | 1:39am
Associated Press via NY Post

FERGUSON, Mo. — Michael Brown’s mother was defeated Tuesday in her bid for a seat on the City Council in Ferguson, Missouri, where her son died in a police shooting that helped give rise to the national Black Lives Matter movement.

Lesley McSpadden finished third in a three-way race in Ferguson’s 3rd Ward. Unofficial St. Louis County election results show the winner was Fran Griffin. The race also featured Keith Kallstrom, who was the incumbent.  ...

“I wanted to go back and do something right in a place that did something so very wrong to my son, and I think that’s what my son would want as well,” McSpadden, 39, said in an interview with The Associated Press prior to the election. She had pledged to make police accountability one of her top priorities.  ...
  More at NY Post

Maybe there's hope for St. Louis County, after all.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
  More at NY Post

“I wanted to go back and do something right in a place that did something so very wrong to my son, and I think that’s what my son would want as well,” McSpadden, 39, said in an interview with The Associated Press prior to the election. She had pledged to make police accountability one of her top priorities.  ...

@mountaineer

And she moves to LA,Atlanta,Minneapolis,NYC,St.Louis,or Chicago to form a vic-tum organization to spread da luv in 5...4....3...2....1.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

@mountaineerAnd she moves to LA,Atlanta,Minneapolis,NYC,St.Louis,or Chicago to form a vic-tum organization to spread da luv in 5...4....3...2....1.
If there's money to be made, I wouldn't doubt it.

Online mountaineer

stormyskyz1  Replying to @notwokieleaks

Most of us from the Saint Louis metro area are not shocked by this. She couldn’t run a household let alone a city.
9:40 AM - 4 Apr 2019