Author Topic: Valerie Jarrett: I still haven’t accepted Trump is president  (Read 252 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Valerie Jarrett: I still haven’t accepted Trump is president
by Caitlin Yilek
 | April 02, 2019 08:02 AM

Valerie Jarrett, a senior White House adviser to former President Barack Obama, writes in her new book that she still hasn’t accepted President Trump won the 2016 election.

"Since the night Donald Trump became president, I’ve been going through the five stages of grief, sometimes all five in the same day,” Jarrett writes in Finding My Voice: My Journey to the West Wing and the Path Forward, according to Axios.

"In the beginning, denial and anger were high on the list; I still haven't embraced acceptance,” she writes.

Jarrett, a longtime adviser to Obama and his wife Michelle, said that Trump's unexpected victory against Hillary Clinton felt “like a punch to the stomach.”

“Obviously we were surprised by the outcome of the election. It kind of was like a, I’m not sure what the right analogy would be, but like a punch in the stomach, let’s say. Soul-crushing might be another description,” Jarrett said at the time. “But that’s the democracy that we have: The people get to decide and the elections matter and we have to get about the business of doing our job.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/valerie-jarrett-i-still-havent-accepted-trump-is-president
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Valerie Jarrett: I still haven’t accepted Trump is president
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 12:56:41 pm »

« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 03:06:51 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 01:06:40 pm »

@Right_in_Virginia

I have one word for that group of happy campers.

"Suicide".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2019, 01:20:33 pm »
I remember when Obama was president -- particularly after he was re-elected -- people would say they could not accept him as president, and Obama fans told them to suck it up.   Well now I guess these Obama fans know how it feels. 

Online libertybele

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2019, 01:37:12 pm »

Wel, well, well, suck it up 'Buttercups'.   happy77
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.