Author Topic: Grandma gives birth at 61 so her gay son and his husband can have a baby  (Read 1635 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Kristine Tarbert
Yahoo Lifestyle
April 1, 2019

It would be no surprise that as a birth photographer, you’d be used to being a part of highly emotional moments in people’s lives.

But the birth of little Uma Louise Dougherty-Eledge left one seasoned photographer an absolute mess — and the incredible images and the story behind them have since gone viral around the globe.

“Being a part of this incredible journey has been one of the most magical experiences,” photographer Ariel Panowicz told Yahoo.

Uma Louise was born Monday morning at the Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha to proud dads Matthew Eledge and Elliot Dougherty, who are married.

She was conceived via in vitro fertilization, using Eledge’s sperm and eggs from Dougherty’s sister, Lea Yribe.

And it was Eledge’s 61-year-old mother, Cecile Reynek Eledge, who served as the gestational carrier and gave birth to Uma, helping her son and son-in-law become first-time parents.

More

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Can't think of a more beautiful gift or expression of love...WOW! 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Can't think of a more beautiful gift or expression of love...WOW!

:amen:

Offline QueenCatofAragon

I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline Polly Ticks

That grandmother better get first dibs on babysitting rights.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline QueenCatofAragon

That grandmother better get first dibs on babysitting rights.

She might say "look, I carried and birthed this kid---I've done my work."   :laugh:

I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline Polly Ticks

She might say "look, I carried and birthed this kid---I've done my work."   :laugh:

Or maybe, "I did the hard part, now I want to reap the rewards of plenty of baby cuddles!"   happy77

(As a soon-to-be grandmother, I might be a little bit biased toward hoping for plenty of grandbaby time.)
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline QueenCatofAragon

Or maybe, "I did the hard part, now I want to reap the rewards of plenty of baby cuddles!"   happy77

(As a soon-to-be grandmother, I might be a little bit biased toward hoping for plenty of grandbaby time.)

Congratulations, Polly!

Offline Polly Ticks

Congratulations, Polly!

Thanks!  I'm ridiculously excited!
 :0012:

Offline QueenCatofAragon

Thanks!  I'm ridiculously excited!
 :0012:

When's the baby due?

Offline Polly Ticks

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The lengths people will go to subvert basic biology...
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024