Author Topic: ‘My body is not mine’: Indonesia Without Feminists group starts online campaign  (Read 298 times)

rangerrebew

‘My body is not mine’: Indonesia Without Feminists group starts online campaign

Rizki Fachriansyah

The Jakarta Post

Jakarta   /   Mon, April 1, 2019   /   02:55 pm

An antifeminist group, Indonesia Tanpa Feminis (Indonesia Without Feminists), has launched a social media campaign amid heated debate over proposed sexual violence legislation that pits feminists and some Islamic groups against each other.

The group’s Instagram page, whose description reads “My body is not mine; Indonesia doesn’t need feminism”, is filled with photos of women holding signs with the hashtags #UninstallFeminism and #IndonesiaTanpaFeminis alongside proclamations such as “Indonesia doesn’t need feminism!”

Since the first posting on March 17, the account has garnered more than 1,800 followers. However, popular Instagram influencers in Indonesia typically have more than 50,000 followers each.

https://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2019/04/01/my-body-is-not-mine-indonesia-without-feminists-group-starts-online-campaign.html

rangerrebew

I would really like to know what one of the nation's leading "feminists", Linda Sarsour thinks of this.  How about our Muslims in Congress? :pondering: