Author Topic: he Insanity of Democrats Attacking Buttigieg—for Not Being Gay Enough  (Read 177 times)

rangerrebew

he Insanity of Democrats Attacking Buttigieg—for Not Being Gay Enough

My community has never had a presidential candidate taken seriously, and it’s not something I imagined happening in my lifetime.

John Aravosis
03.30.19 10:58 PM ET

After weeks of glowing press coverage of Pete Buttigieg as he’s shot up in the Democratic 2020 field, the “Pete’s Not Perfect” posse has kicked into high gear with an unusually personal criticism: Buttigieg, they say, isn’t gay enough.

“Is Pete Buttigieg just another white male candidate, or does his gayness count as diversity?” Slate asked in the headline (since changed) of a much discussed piece this week by staff writer Christina Cauterucci.
Advertisement

The fact that the press and political class are even taking Buttigieg’s candidacy seriously is a historic first. An openly gay candidate has never qualified for a presidential debate, let alone become president (the jury is still out on James Buchanan, but whatever his orientation, he wasn’t leading any Pride parades in 1857).

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-insanity-of-democrats-attacking-pete-buttigiegfor-not-being-gay-enough
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 11:29:47 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
The Milo-ization of politics. Being gay isn't enough. You have to be the right kind of gay.
Countdown to Resignation