Virginia
4 (18.2%)
Auburn
3 (13.6%)
Texas Tech
8 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: April 11, 2019, 08:27:11 pm

Author Topic: Which Team will be the NCAA Champion?  (Read 6412 times)

Offline corbe

Which Team will be the NCAA Champion?
« on: April 01, 2019, 11:16:02 am »
  The Final Four play next Saturday (4/6), the Championship is played Monday (4/8), both in Minneapolis, MN.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline mountaineer

Re: Which Team will be the NCAA Champion?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 01:18:04 pm »
I am loving that we can go through the rest of the tournament without hearing "Zion" every two minutes. He made some real boneheaded plays last night that, arguably, cost Duke the game.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline corbe

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 03:11:52 pm »

Now we can 'tank' the rest of the season so we have a shot at 'ZION', so as to not disappoint @mountaineer
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2019, 03:26:58 pm »
I can not help but think, Tech really does look like the best team out there.

The last time, a team from Texas won it was Texas Western in '66, that team is now UTEP of course.

I thought maybe UH won it when they had Ralph Sampson and Akim Olajuwon as the Twin Towers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NCAA_Division_I_men%27s_basketball_champions  (All winners)

And the Spartans took down Duke, right? That is a mean-fete in itself.

Virginia (over Purdue) and Auburn (over the Wildcasts of KY), all of the teams should be congratulated for their excellent play.

It's probably not as clear as last year with 'Nova looking like the top team out of the 4; but TT really handled it to the Wolverines in their game.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 03:58:09 pm by TomSea »

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2019, 05:48:49 pm »
@TomSea

I thought maybe UH won it when they had Ralph Sampson and Akim Olajuwon as the Twin Towers.

Olajuwon and Sampson played pro together, with the Houston Rockets.

Sampson went to the University of Virginia and Olajuwon went to the University of Houston.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2019, 06:30:41 pm »

GUNS UP!

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2019, 06:35:36 pm »
Now that the U of H's valiant effort against Kentucky fell short, I'll be rooting for the Red Raiders.

Guns up, Y'all.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2019, 06:36:24 pm »
   Now we can 'tank' the rest of the season so we have a shot at 'ZION', so as to not disappoint mountaineer
Ugh. Zion will be the Johnny Manziel or Ryan Leaf of the NBA.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2019, 11:38:07 pm »
I guess I will be the lone wolf and guess Auburn (The two votes for them are mine, one logged in, one not)... more hopeful than actual reasoning (since Auburn lost their big guy the other day).... but man they are hot recently...
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 11:39:34 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline corbe

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2019, 12:08:38 am »
   I knew it all along @Sighlass

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2019, 12:26:15 am »
   I knew it all along @Sighlass

Good ole Charles Barkley, politically he is a nut, liberal one day, conservative the next (at least he has a mind of his own).... I rooted for him during his college days (games were free for students to attend)...

One thing he has done I liked, he never wavered for supporting the college. Him and Bo Jackson both are great for the university PR wise.

P.S. @corbe Sorry about the double vote (I tend to vote before I realize I am not logged in, then vote again cause I want to see the results)... bad habit I need to break.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 12:28:19 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline corbe

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2019, 12:35:13 am »
   Not a problem at all @Sighlass  usually in my Zany Polls I always allow for 2 votes and more often than not allow our illustrious Guest to Vote also.   

*NO sarcasm intended or implied.

Offline corbe

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2019, 12:16:10 am »
  3 Briefers are 'almost' there, Virginia just beat Auburn in a dam good game.
  Michigan an Texas Tech up next (CBS).

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2019, 12:32:02 am »
@corbe

I say the Spartans take it, what say you?

Offline corbe

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2019, 12:41:58 am »
   Being an arrogant azzhole Texan I have to go with the Red Raiders @EdJames
   If it's half as good as that last one we're in for a delight.
   Already sipping my best Tequila in anticipation.

Offline EdJames

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2019, 12:48:44 am »
   Being an arrogant azzhole Texan I have to go with the Red Raiders @EdJames
   If it's half as good as that last one we're in for a delight.
   Already sipping my best Tequila in anticipation.

@corbe

I figured that you are going with the Red Raiders, let's make a friendly bet....  say $1 billion dollars!!   wink777

I've been sipping mine...

Offline corbe

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2019, 12:52:48 am »
   I'll gladly bet $20 to the TBR Kitty on this one @EdJames ~It's a win/win for all of us because I was fixing to donate $20 anyway.

Offline EdJames

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2019, 01:00:05 am »
   I'll gladly bet $20 to the TBR Kitty on this one @EdJames ~It's a win/win for all of us because I was fixing to donate $20 anyway.

You drive a hard bargain @corbe !  20 bucks it is!!   888high58888

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2019, 01:03:48 am »
From Rugby Road to Vinegar Hill, we're gonna get drunk tonight.
The faculty is afraid of us, they know we're in the right.
So fill up your cups, your loving cups, as full as full can be.
'Cause as long as sex and liquor last, we'll drink to the U of V.

Oh, I think we need another drink
Hey, I think we need another drink.
I think we need another drink
to the glory of the UVA.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2019, 01:14:08 am »
Unfortunately, I did not see Auburn play, some guy was saying they got hosed in the last few sections. I don't know myself.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2019, 01:30:13 am »
As a lifelong Virginia fan, I caught the double-dribble of Ty Jerome, and was shocked that the announcers didn't catch it.  But the foul on Guy in the corner with 0.6 left was definitely a foul.

I swore I wasn't going to watch this game as I headed outside to do yard work.  When I came back in, there was about 4 minutes left, and Virginia was up by 10.  As a lifelong fan, I have grown accustomed to Virginia losing again and again, with leads bigger than this.  True to form, I watch Virginia give up 14 unanswered points, turning a 10-pt lead into a 4-pt deficit.  I distinctly remember their last Final Four appearance with freshman C Olden Polynice shutting down #1 draft pick Akeem Olajuwon.  Virgina ahead by 2 and the ball with 20 seconds left on the clock.  Virginia would go on to lose that game and many many more crucial games for the next three decades.

I don't feel at all good about the missed double-dribble call.  But I have seen calls like this go against Virginia in close games with Duke or UNC for decades now.  Can't believe a missed call finally went their way.

Full disclosure:  I picked Mich St. to win it all.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2019, 03:10:09 am »
What's a "NCAA?"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline corbe

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2019, 03:35:41 am »
    Both were Great Games but neither compared to these two Beautiful Women battling it out in the LPGA Amateurs match today.

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2019, 03:46:02 am »
Congrats Virginia... Oh well, we Tigers gave yall a good run this year. Ref's be danged, it happens.

Offline EdJames

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2019, 02:58:48 pm »
@corbe

Good call on the Red Raiders!  TBR wins, just sent the $20 to the kitty!