Author Topic: Trump is golf's 'Commander in Cheat' says writer who has hit links with him  (Read 1705 times)

Offline corbe

Trump is golf's 'Commander in Cheat' says writer who has hit links with him

by Zachary Halaschak

March 31, 2019 12:22 PM

A new book claims President Trump is a notorious cheat in golf, a sport on which Trump prides himself and uses to meet with high-level political figures and schmooze with the golf elite.

Rick Reilly, a former Sports Illustrated columnist who has played with Trump, alleges that cheating is part of Trump’s golf strategy in his new book “ Commander in Cheat: How Golf Explains Trump" which is out Tuesday.

“To say ‘Donald Trump cheats’ is like saying ‘Michael Phelps swims,” Reilly writes, according to the New York Post. “He cheats at the highest level. He cheats when people are watching and he cheats when they aren’t. He cheats whether you like it or not. He cheats because that’s how he plays golf.

“If you’re playing golf with him, he’s going to cheat,” Reilly adds.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-is-golfs-commander-in-cheat-says-writer-who-has-hit-links-with-him
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline mountaineer

This isn't exactly "whataboutism," but  :shrug:
Clinton and Obama cheated at golf just as much. Unless they're competing in a sanctioned tournament, who really cares?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Longtime sports writer claims in new book that Trump uses Secret Service to cheat at golf
By John Bowden - 04/25/19 07:37 PM EDT

A new book claims that President Trump has no problem stepping outside the rules of golf and calling in the Secret Service to help him cheat.

Sports writer Rick Reilly wrote in his new book "Commander in Cheat: How Golf Explains Trump" that the president often uses his caddy or even Secret Service agents to move his golf balls out of difficult spots when on the course, The Independent reported Thursday.

"Whether you’re his pharmacist of Tiger Woods, if you’re playing golf with him, he’s going to cheat,” Reilly wrote, adding: "He cheats at the highest level. He cheats when people are watching, and he cheats when they aren’t."

He also inflates his golf handicap, which the president professes to be 2.8, and has falsely claimed to have won more than a dozen club championships.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/440767-longtime-sports-writer-claims-in-new-book-that-trump-uses-secret-service-to
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Victoria33

His entire life is a lie he tells.

Offline verga

I hear he also like to eat food from McDonalds. So what?
Chelsea Clinton used to complain that Bubba cheated at Putt Putt.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online rustynail

The walls are closing in.

Offline mountaineer

Tiger cheated, too, in more ways than one.  :whistle:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Wasn't this already posted weeks ago?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump
His entire life is a lie he tells.

hes  malignant narcissist its what they do..its what they MUST DO to FEEL worthy of life

Offline Mod1

Wasn't this already posted weeks ago?
Yes. Threads have been merged.

Offline aligncare

Rush played with Trump couple of times. He says Trump is also generous with strokes, giving the guests in his party lots of mulligans. It all depends on the setting.

I play. Sometimes a round can be as serious as a heart attack and club rules strictly apply, other times and with other players we horse around and no one gives a hoot about who’s fudging scores.

What the haters won’t stoop to writing about just to sell books.

Offline mountaineer

As an avid golfer,  I would guess the ones complaining are the ones who know nothing about recreational golf.

Offline corbe

I would tend to agree with you @mountaineer as the OP I'll admit that I posted this strictly as a jab against Trump. 
   Like last weeks picture of him and Rush golfing I thought his driver was photoshopped (long) until you enlightened me that drivers vary in length depending on how far you stand away from the ball in your swing.

PS:  Currently watching the PGA Tour in Nawlins.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline mountaineer

Unless you're playing in a USGA sanctioned event, it's really no big deal to take a mulligan here or there. When I'm golfing, as long as no one is behind me, I hit extra shots just for practice. Obviously, if I were playing in some sort of official event, I'd be stuck with whatever crappy shot I took, and have to hit it from whatever bad spot I put it.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
hes  malignant narcissist its what they do..its what they MUST DO to FEEL worthy of life

@MeshugeMikey

Hey!  Where ya been?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump
posting endless insults to donna twump on twitter.

being threatened by small children with bodly harm on facedbook...

i was banned form trumps twitter account once....for FIVE FULL HOURS.....but i wont cry over that spilled milk

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
posting endless insults to donna twump on twitter.

being threatened by small children with bodly harm on facedbook...

i was banned form trumps twitter account once....for FIVE FULL HOURS.....but i wont cry over that spilled milk

Badge of honor, @MeshugeMikey.  I don't do Twit, but I'm on Bookface and I got banned a few times from a group there, without even posting anything.  Exiled something....

Well, I won't ban you here.  It takes a lot to get the hammer.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump
this week sees the launch pf market testing of the Trump 2020 Campaign Banners
[/size]