Poll

Will President Trump follow through on closing the BORDER?

Yes, He's serious (this time)
6 (25%)
No, Just more red meat for his base
18 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: April 07, 2019, 03:52:59 pm

Author Topic: Will President Trump follow through on closing the BORDER?  (Read 3472 times)

Online corbe

Will President Trump follow through on closing the BORDER?
« on: March 31, 2019, 03:52:59 pm »
Shutting Down the Border – Can Trump Pull It Off?

"We will close it for a long time. I am not kidding around," Trump warned about the southern border.

By: Kelli Ballard |  March 30, 2019 

President Trump announced on March 29 that he plans to close the U.S.-Mexico border, or at least large sections of it, by next week if our southern neighbor doesn’t stop all illegal migrants from crossing into the states. The president warned that this could halt trade, as well. “We will close it for a long time. I am not kidding around,” he said.

In a flurry of tweets, Trump blamed the Democrats for aiding the immigrants and accused Mexico of not doing enough to halt the massive influx of illegals.

(In Closing the Article)

Trump threatened to close the southern border in December 2018 during the government shutdown if Dems didn’t agree to build the wall. At that time, he lambasted Mexico and the money the U.S. loses in trade with them. Now, with migrants rushing our borders, increased human trafficking, the rise in infectious diseases, skyrocketing crimes committed by illegal immigrants, and severe financial strain to our economy, the president has stomped his royal foot upon the ground. Enough is enough. Build the wall or else. Stop illegals from crossing into our country, or else.

<..snip..>

https://www.libertynation.com/shutting-down-the-border-can-trump-pull-it-off/

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Will President Trump follow through on closing the BORDER?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2019, 04:00:17 pm »
He hasn't before even though he has made this threat many times. I don't even think he is that stupid to shut it completely down. It is the busiest border in the world, with more than a million people legally crossing each way every single day. It would destroy business on both sides of the border and hurt the economy. I don't think people really understand the amount of legal trade that goes on at the border. They just think of big industry like Boeing or Ford, but millions rely on the small level trade both ways.  Not only that, if it creates an economic vacuum, you'll actually see illegal immigration increasing.

This is akin to the gun ban arguments. If you ban people from owning guns, you won't stop criminals from owning them, only law abiding citizens. The criminals will still have their guns and scoff and the demand they turn them in.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2019, 05:26:31 pm »
IMHO ( *****rollingeyes*****) he would have and should have closed the border long ago if that was his intent.  He played tiddly winks with Chuckie and Nancy, declared a national emergency .... and the invasion continues to grow!! 

His supporters got duped.  BIGLY! 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2019, 05:33:50 pm »
IMHO ( *****rollingeyes*****) he would have and should have closed the border long ago if that was his intent.  He played tiddly winks with Chuckie and Nancy, declared a national emergency .... and the invasion continues to grow!! 

His supporters got duped.  BIGLY!

Maybe he's tired of being called a tyrant every time he does something?   tri22
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2019, 06:43:38 pm »
So, I heard a report, closing the border would cost over a billion a day... still, the problem is clearly getting worse and not much done about it.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2019, 07:36:36 pm »
If he doesn't, his rhetoric is empty and he begins losing his base.

If we truly have an emergency on the border, he has no choice.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2019, 08:10:37 pm »
He’s done more, or tried to do more, about this problem than any other president since Eisenhower. We ought to be able to give him that much.

I certainly hope he follows through and closes the border this time.

I’d like to know more about who’s behind this obviously staged phenomena of a massive border surge. And have them hung.

Online libertybele

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2019, 08:10:48 pm »

??? IF we truly have an emergency on the border ???? Please, have absolutely NO doubt!!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jafo2010

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2019, 10:29:57 pm »
I have no doubt.  I would have closed it Day One had I been Trump, and ordered the deportation of all illegal invading aliens, and damn Congress, who are about as worthless as a pimple on the posterior!

The Democommies have gone beyond treason with their coup attempt on Trump.  If I were Trump, I would immediately revoke the security clearance of Schiff and half a dozen other Democommies on the basis that they are enemies of the state, possibly subject to treason charges brought their way or gross negligence in the performance of their job, subject to removal from Congress.  If nothing else, Congress should remove Schiff, Waters and again a half dozen Dems for ethics violations, for constant slander should have consequences.

Online rustynail

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2019, 10:43:38 pm »
A Federal Judge will not Allow the border to be closed.

Offline jafo2010

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2019, 10:55:02 pm »
On the basis of national security, no stinking rat f*** of a judge should have the ability to interfere with POTUS.

The courts are out of control, and that judge would get overturned....quickly.  After he/she is overturned, Trump should fire the fool.  And I do believe he has the ability.  Jefferson as I recall fired a bunch of judges in his day.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2019, 11:56:18 pm »
He hasn't before even though he has made this threat many times. I don't even think he is that stupid to shut it completely down. It is the busiest border in the world, with more than a million people legally crossing each way every single day. It would destroy business on both sides of the border and hurt the economy. I don't think people really understand the amount of legal trade that goes on at the border. They just think of big industry like Boeing or Ford, but millions rely on the small level trade both ways.  Not only that, if it creates an economic vacuum, you'll actually see illegal immigration increasing.

This is akin to the gun ban arguments. If you ban people from owning guns, you won't stop criminals from owning them, only law abiding citizens. The criminals will still have their guns and scoff and the demand they turn them in.
----------------------------------------
A strong demurral.
When one elevates/chooses principal over principle, he sends a clear message:
* that he can be bought for a price and
* that he is of low and little character.
So too, Nations survive and thrive by adherence to enduring principles, otherwise
they soon enter the dustbin of history. The Greeks fostered the virtue of Prudence;
measuring decisions taken/not taken in the now against their consequences in future.
Not enforcing our Sovereign Rights as a Nation and a People is a message to our
enemies that we are unserious about our founding principles.
The consequences of this will be grave.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2019, 12:22:53 am »

The "emergency" is that Trump now realizes that he frittered away almost 3 years of his presidency and now that he wants a second term, he realizes he has not kept this and any of the other promises he made to the voters.  Of course, his adoring fans will vote for him no matter what, but he needs more voters, and the non-fans are not going to vote for him if they see no accomplishment in his first term.  So now he is desperate to do something -- anything -- to impress those voters, even if it is foolhardy or maybe illegal. 

Offline Absalom

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2019, 01:25:29 am »
The "emergency" is that Trump now realizes that he frittered away almost 3 years of his presidency and now that he wants a second term, he realizes he has not kept this and any of the other promises he made to the voters.  Of course, his adoring fans will vote for him no matter what, but he needs more voters, and the non-fans are not going to vote for him if they see no accomplishment in his first term.  So now he is desperate to do something -- anything -- to impress those voters, even if it is foolhardy or maybe illegal.
--------------------------------------
On the mark!
Trump is most certainly neither reflective nor wise, as his rants and tweets affirm.
His approval remains below 50% because the majority disapprove.
And he won't have Hilarity as his punching bag next time!!!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 02:41:53 am by Absalom »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2019, 01:33:00 am »
I sure would like to see him do it.  Even if very briefly.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2019, 06:23:02 pm »
It would have to be briefly, I would think,
Bigger economic impact to both sides of the border than people realize.
Legitimate commerce, not just drug and people smuggling.
Once again, the actions of (in this case, quite) a few, impact the many.
I think a week would be as good a number as any.
No one suffers 100% and it gets the message across.
Longer than that, it could start to hurt people who don't have anything to do with the illegal people and drug smuggling.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2019, 06:59:24 pm »
It would have to be briefly, I would think,
Bigger economic impact to both sides of the border than people realize.
Legitimate commerce, not just drug and people smuggling.
Once again, the actions of (in this case, quite) a few, impact the many.
I think a week would be as good a number as any.
No one suffers 100% and it gets the message across.
Longer than that, it could start to hurt people who don't have anything to do with the illegal people and drug smuggling.

Agreed.  But, people who have nothing to do with illegal traffic are already being hurt.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2019, 07:46:08 pm »
Agreed.  But, people who have nothing to do with illegal traffic are already being hurt.
Yeah, I suppose you are right, it makes sense.

Offline jafo2010

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2019, 04:03:29 am »
My definition of closing the border needs clarification.  The only people the border would be closed to is the illegal invading aliens.  COmmerce would continue as usual.  Those with visas and passports would be able to enter.

But ILLEGAL INVADING ALIENS WOULD BE TURNED AWAY.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2019, 04:31:22 am »
@Sanguine

Latest tonight, 11:30 pm is, White House says Trump won't close the border until he sees what happens this week.  He goes to the border this coming Friday.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2019, 04:38:26 am »
My definition of closing the border needs clarification.  The only people the border would be closed to is the illegal invading aliens.  COmmerce would continue as usual.  Those with visas and passports would be able to enter.

But ILLEGAL INVADING ALIENS WOULD BE TURNED AWAY.
(except for the ones packed in the crates marked "partes de implementos agrícolas"...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2019, 01:19:10 pm »
@Sanguine

Latest tonight, 11:30 pm is, White House says Trump won't close the border until he sees what happens this week.  He goes to the border this coming Friday.

:shrug:

Offline Drago

• "Life is a Journey"
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2019, 10:57:40 pm »
So I guess "No, Just more red meat for his base" wins?!?

https://www.oann.com/president-trump-warns-mexico-to-stem-flow-of-illegal-immigration-or-face-tariffs/

BTW: the red meat is beginning to spoil, and will be really ripe in a YEAR!