Author Topic: New York City is a foreign country  (Read 1206 times)

Online unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
New York City is a foreign country
« on: March 30, 2019, 08:10:50 pm »
Here are some interesting facts about the 8.5 million people of New York City:

* Over 3 million of New York City’s residents are foreign-born; over one-quarter arrived in 2000 or later.
* Approximately two-thirds of dwelling units in New York are renter-occupied, over twice the national average.
* New York City has the largest Chinese population of any city outside of Asia.
* New York has the largest Puerto Rican population of any city in the world.
* Over 2.4 million Hispanics reside in New York City, more than any other city in the United States.
* Half of all New Yorkers speak a language other than English at home.
* Over 200 languages are spoken in New York City.

The above facts are proudly proclaimed on the official New York City government website!

The entire list of 24 facts about the New York City population can be seen at:

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/planning/data-maps/nyc-population/population-facts.page
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline Absalom

Re: New York City is a foreign country
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 08:26:02 pm »
How 'bout we trade NY, straight up for Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario and
Saskatchewan; throw if the rest of New England as a inducement!!!
No matter. Given their direction, NY and NE will be down to three 
Electoral College votes in half a century!!!!!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 08:44:54 pm »
No matter. Given their direction, NY and NE will be down to three 
Electoral College votes in half a century!!!!!
Works for me!

Unfortunately, those fleeing NY will go other places and screw them up.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2019, 08:51:00 pm »
Works for me!  Unfortunately, those fleeing NY will go other places and screw them up.
@Smokin Joe

Maybe not, since they are leaving the high tax state for a lower one.  They would not want the new one to become just like the one they left.  Also, those who like the taxes, would stay in New York, not go to states with lower taxes.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2019, 08:57:04 pm »
@Smokin Joe

Maybe not, since they are leaving the high tax state for a lower one.  They would not want the new one to become just like the one they left.  Also, those who like the taxes, would stay in New York, not go to states with lower taxes.
Nonsense. Human nature being what it is, the people who flee will only do so because their onw stupidity is starting to hurt.

For example, Californians who left for Colorado have adversely affected the state to the point it will become a high tax state, with all the insane laws and restrictions on fundamental rights and energy development as the one they left. They even have sanctuary for illegals, shoot up zones for junkies, and crap in the streets in Denver, even as they are poised to kill off a century old industry which brings in 1.5 billion a year in revenue.

These people would have to own up to the idea that the life they idolize and the philosophies they embrace don't work, on a fundamental level. They won't do that, and they will snivel about how things have changed wherever they go, without ever realizing they are the reason why.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2019, 09:46:34 pm »
Not Ontario, that idiot Trudeau is there. How about Prince Edward Island?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2019, 10:05:50 pm »
 :th_10444:

I live a mile from Coney Island, right across from the Marlboro Houses (government housing).

I could tell you stories.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2019, 10:21:43 pm »
The New York City government website proudly proclaims what they crucified John Rocker for saying twenty years ago.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 10:23:11 pm by skeeter »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2019, 12:12:26 am »
I spent much of my career running trains into and out of Penn Station (also Grand Central and freight trains in/out of the South Bronx).

For the last several years, I'd almost never leave the confines of Penn Station. Just go from track level up to the crew area, and back down to the return train when it came in.

Going up on the street, I felt like I was in a foreign world, "amongst the enemy" -- populated with those who were antithetical to the America I believed in.

Retired in January 2012. I haven't been back since.
I'll probably never return to New York City again.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2019, 12:57:08 am »
--------------------------------
Fair enough as the land mass is less important than the occupants.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 01:57:52 am by Absalom »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2019, 01:43:47 am »
The New York City government website proudly proclaims what they crucified John Rocker for saying twenty years ago.
Good point.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2019, 06:46:12 am »
Get Ontario for the mines. Once it's ours, we can send Trudeau to the Maritimes. (Y'know, where people chipped their teeth trying to get the chocolate out of the loonies, eh).

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2019, 12:38:42 pm »
Get Ontario for the mines. Once it's ours, we can send Trudeau to the Maritimes. (Y'know, where people chipped their teeth trying to get the chocolate out of the loonies, eh).
Okay, just as long as we don't get that pansy, eh.

Online unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2019, 09:15:22 pm »

Remember what Saturday Night Live's "news" segment said about John Rocker:

"Regardless of what you think about what John Rocker said,
he definitely has ridden the seven train!"
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao