Author Topic: Suddenly, CBD is everywhere. Here's what's next  (Read 1373 times)

Offline corbe

Suddenly, CBD is everywhere. Here's what's next
« on: March 30, 2019, 03:22:09 pm »
Suddenly, CBD is everywhere. Here's what's next

By Parija Kavilanz, CNN Business

3 hrs ago

a close up of a plant: Colorado Cultivars Hemp Farm is one of the largest hemp farms in the U.S. on September 5, 2017 in Eaton, Colorado.

The CBD gold rush has begun.

CBD, the chemical found in hemp and marijuana plants, is showing up in shampoos, lattes, body oils, gummy bears and dog treats. It's being sold in coffee shops and farmer's markets, mom-and-pops and high-end department stores and most recently, drugstore chain CVS.

"Literally overnight, you're seeing CBD all around you and in everything," said Troy Dayton, CEO of The Arcview Group, an Oakland, California-based cannabis investment and research firm. "This is a product that is going from relative obscurity to being on everyone's mind: producers, consumers and especially entrepreneurs."

The CBD floodgates opened after President Donald Trump signed the Farm Bill into law in December. Among other things, the bill legalized the production of hemp, which contains high levels of cannabidiol, or CBD. CBD is non-psychoactive, meaning it won't get you high. (THC, or tetrahydrocannabinol, is the chemical in cannabis that does that.) Instead, CBD is marketed for everything from helping to relieve pain and inflammation to reducing stress and anxiety.

<..snip..>

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/suddenly-cbd-is-everywhere-heres-whats-next/ar-BBVfCe5?ocid=ientp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Suddenly, CBD is everywhere. Here's what's next
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 03:37:50 pm »
Hopefully people will see the insanity of some of these government prohibitions and demand for the government get their hands off more things..

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 04:07:19 pm »
It's the new fad, and the latest wonder-product for multi-level marketing scammers to exploit. CBD salesmen and Beachbody coaches are insufferable...
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2019, 04:34:09 pm »
One argument has been the difficulty in obtaining samples for research, since it was illegal.

Now that it is legal, research into exactly what it is really good for, can be pursued.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline corbe

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2019, 05:18:58 pm »
   What Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell wants~He gets.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2019, 05:58:11 pm »

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2019, 06:00:20 pm »
I put 4 drops under the tongue twice a day. I bought it "underground".

My 20 year-old self would not understand his 60 year-old self taking bong water as medicine
Countdown to Resignation

Offline conservativevoter

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2019, 06:03:59 pm »
I have mixed feelings about this.  Used properly and with as needed guidance from some, hemp can and has been a useful plant.  In historic areas, in can be grown with permission.  It was useful in making cloth (only a fiber analysis can tell the difference) to rival linen (flax); excellent source of making rope and twine.  Hemp can be bought as a fiber for spinning from many out-of-the- USA sources after the seeds are removed.  It was grown and woven into canvas, rope and other fiber sources since the white man became aware of the uses; it was done in my area (and others) for many years and as recently as the late 1950s.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2019, 06:16:11 pm »
Hemp is legal in Virginia. My son is even growing a patch of it with the help of the extension service
Countdown to Resignation

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2019, 06:25:49 pm »
 I tried it and couldn't detect any reduction in pain. I suspect the testimonials reflect the placebo effect. It's legal and being produced in my state.  I really wish it worked!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2019, 06:34:00 pm »
I didn't think it was legal in Texas, but I saw 2 signs for it on Saturday, in front of a shopping center on Highway 6.
My wife said she thought it would be bogus, or synthetic.
I wouldn't no how to tell, if it weren't label correctly, honestly.
Hadn't tried it one way or the other.

Offline thackney

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2019, 06:37:16 pm »
I didn't think it was legal in Texas, but I saw 2 signs for it on Saturday, in front of a shopping center on Highway 6.
My wife said she thought it would be bogus, or synthetic.
I wouldn't no how to tell, if it weren't label correctly, honestly.
Hadn't tried it one way or the other.

The complicated legality of CBD oil in Texas
https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/The-complicated-legality-of-CBD-oil-in-Texas-507799941.html
Mar 28, 2019

Is CBD oil, derived from certain varieties of cannabis plants, legal to possess and ingest in Texas?

The simple answer is yes. However, local defense attorney Shane Phelps says the issue is far from simple.

"If the CBD oil has even a trace of THC in it, which is the main psychoactive component of cannabis, it is a felony drug charge," said Phelps on First News at Four. He points out that this is a much more serious charge than possession of marijuana, a misdemeanor drug offense.

"The reality is that essentially all CBD has THC in it as well," said Phelps, "so it is a big risk."...
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2019, 06:41:11 pm »
"The reality is that essentially all CBD has THC in it as well," said Phelps, "so it is a big risk."...
A fellow from a local hemp company whom I heard speak said there's barely a trace of THC in the hemp oil, but I guess even the smallest amount is too much for TX law.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2019, 06:51:50 pm »
I think there is a .03% threshold level for THC. There is an issue with cross-pollination with marijuana.
Countdown to Resignation