Author Topic: An Awkward Kiss Changed How I Saw Joe Biden  (Read 2097 times)

Online mountaineer

An Awkward Kiss Changed How I Saw Joe Biden
« on: March 29, 2019, 08:35:57 pm »
An Awkward Kiss Changed How I Saw Joe Biden
Lucy Flores
The Cut
In 2014, I was the 35-year-old Democratic nominee for lieutenant governor in Nevada. The landscape wasn’t looking good for my party that year. There were no high-profile national races to help boost turnout, and after the top candidate bowed out of the governor’s race, “None of the Above” ended up winning the Democratic primary.

So when my campaign heard from Vice-President Joe Biden’s office that he was looking to help me and other Democrats in the state, I was grateful and flattered. His team offered to bring him to a campaign rally in an effort to help boost voter turnout. We set the date for November 1, just three days before election day. ...

Just before the speeches, we were ushered to the side of the stage where we were lined up by order of introduction. As I was taking deep breaths and preparing myself to make my case to the crowd, I felt two hands on my shoulders. I froze. “Why is the vice-president of the United States touching me?”

I felt him get closer to me from behind. He leaned further in and inhaled my hair. I was mortified. I thought to myself, “I didn’t wash my hair today and the vice-president of the United States is smelling it. And also, what in the actual f**k? Why is the vice-president of the United States smelling my hair?” He proceeded to plant a big slow kiss on the back of my head. My brain couldn’t process what was happening. I was embarrassed. I was shocked. I was confused.  ...

For years I feared my experience would be dismissed. Biden will be Biden. Boys will be boys. I worried about the doubts, the threats, the insults, and the minimization. “It’s not that big of a deal. He touched her, so what?” The immediate passing of judgement and the questioning of motives. “Why now? Why so long after? She just wants attention.” Or: “It’s politically motivated.” I would be lying if I said I didn’t carefully consider all of this before deciding to speak. But hearing Biden’s potential candidacy for president discussed without much talk about his troubling past as it relates to women became too much to keep bottled up any longer. ...

Full story
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: An Awkward Kiss Changed How I Saw Joe Biden
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 09:16:29 pm »
Biden's coming, hide your women.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 10:09:13 pm »
Biden's coming, hide your women.
And children!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 10:30:46 pm »
9 Times Joe Biden Creepily Whispered in Women’s Ears
By Jessica Roy
Feb. 17, 2015

Joe Biden is the vice-president of the United States of America, but he is the president of Awkwardly Whispering in Women’s Ears. This morning, Stephanie Carter, the wife of new Secretary of Defense Ashton Carter, became the newest victim of Biden’s war on ears when he whispered sweet nothings with his hands planted firmly on her shoulders. This, it seems, is a favorite tactic of ol’ Uncle Joe. Here are eight other times Biden was caught creepily murmuring in ladies’ ears.  ... Story and photos here

He's a nonpartisan perv. This is Mitch McConnell's granddaughter.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2019, 10:45:48 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2019, 10:55:33 pm »
The view from the left:

Lucy Flores isn’t alone. Joe Biden’s got a long history of touching women inappropriately.
The media gave Biden a pass for years. It won’t in 2020.
By Laura McGann
vox.com
Mar 29, 2019, 5:15pm EDT
Democrat Lucy Flores was preparing to give one of her final stump speeches in a race for lieutenant governor in Nevada when she felt two hands on her shoulders. She froze. “Why is the vice-president of the United States touching me?” Flores wondered.

Flores recounts her experience with Joe Biden in a first-person essay for New York Magazine, describing an incident in 2014 where Biden came up behind her, leaned in, smelled her hair, and kissed the back of her head.  ...

Flores’s experience isn’t unique. It is no secret in Washington that Biden has touched numerous women inappropriately in public. It’s just never been treated as a serious issue by the mainstream press.

Biden’s been caught on camera embracing a female reporter from behind and gripping her above her waist, just below her bust. At a swearing-in ceremony for Defense Secretary Ash Carter, Biden put his hands on the shoulders of Stephanie Carter, Carter’s wife, and then leaned in and whispered into her ear. (He’s whispered into many women’s ears.) He’s also touched women’s faces and necks during other photo ops. Once at a swearing-in ceremony for a US senator, he held the upper arm of the senator’s preteen daughter, leaned down and whispered into her ear, as she became visibly uncomfortable. Then he kissed the side of her forehead, a gesture that made the girl flinch.  ...

... Biden got a pass from the political media. Times have changed. Reporters now would look twice at a new politician who is handsy on camera. They’d ask questions about it and likely look into his private conduct. And women like Flores are taking big risks and speaking out.

Biden avoided scrutiny in the past, but if he wants to be the next president he’ll face pressure to account for his actions. ...

While Biden has not been accused of sexual assault (as Trump has a dozen times) and there are no tapes of Biden on the Internet joking about grabbing women by the genitals, there are tapes of Biden behaving inappropriately. One man’s behavior is far worse, but that doesn’t excuse the other.

Democrats are conflicted about what to do about this category of behavior. ...
Full story at VOX

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2019, 11:53:26 pm »
Makes me wonder who's keepin' the files and pushin' the narrative on ol' Joe...?

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2019, 12:09:44 am »
Makes me wonder who's keepin' the files and pushin' the narrative on ol' Joe...?
Apparently, this Lucy Flores is a Democrat activist, so I'd guess she published this piece with the full blessing of someone in power at DNC. They want old Joe out of the way for their chosen candidate. Would that be Robby O'Rourke?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2019, 12:11:36 am »
Apparently, this Lucy Flores is a Democrat activist, so I'd guess she published this piece with the full blessing of someone in power at DNC. They want old Joe out of the way for their chosen candidate. Would that be Robby O'Rourke?

:pondering:

The plot thickens. :pop41:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2019, 12:15:22 am »
Biden perving on little girls is not news.
He likes them young, very young.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2019, 12:21:27 am »

I agree, there's no way any career dem would come forward on her own. She'll be pressured to recant but after providing so much detail that would be difficult. 100 repub women's allegations would never be taken seriously but one dem might be all it takes to keep Joe in permanent retirement.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2019, 12:30:12 am »
I agree, there's no way any career dem would come forward on her own. Shhttp://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?action=unreade'll be pressured to recant but after providing so much detail that would be difficult. 100 repub women's allegations would never be taken seriously but one dem might be all it takes to keep Joe in permanent retirement.

:pondering:
I will NOT comply.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2019, 12:45:31 am »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2019, 12:52:09 am »
Biden doesn’t recall alleged kissing incident from 2014
Philly.com, Mar 29, 2019, Associated Press

Joe Biden's spokesman said Friday that the former vice president does not recall kissing a Nevada political candidate on the back of her head in 2014.

The allegation was made in a New York Magazine article written by Lucy Flores, a former Nevada state representative and the 2014 Democratic nominee for Nevada lieutenant governor.

Flores' claim comes as Biden, the early leader in national Democratic presidential polls, is in the final stages of deciding whether to seek the 2020 nomination. Biden has been taking steps to assemble a political team in early-voting states such as Iowa and South Carolina.

[...]

Biden spokesman Bill Russo said in a statement Friday, "Neither then, nor in the years since, did he or the staff with him at the time have an inkling that Ms. Flores had been at any time uncomfortable, nor do they recall what she describes."

Russo said Biden “believes Ms. Flores has every right to share her own recollection and reflections, and that it’s a change for the better in our society that she has the opportunity to do so.”

https://www.philly.com/politics/nation/biden-does-not-recall-alleged-kissing-incident-20190329.html

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2019, 12:55:05 am »
I guess he doesn’t—it probably blends in with all the rest.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2019, 12:57:15 am »

Apparently Hillary has her favorite candidate and 0bama has his.  Neither of them have Biden as their favorite.

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2019, 01:03:15 am »
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 01:14:18 am by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2019, 01:07:07 am »

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2019, 01:36:18 am »
Wow ... they're pulling the plug on Biden.

Lucy Flores isn’t alone. Joe Biden’s got a long history of touching women inappropriately.
The media gave Biden a pass for years. It won’t in 2020.
Vox, Mar 29, 2019

https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/policy-and-politics/2019/3/29/18241598/joe-biden-lucy-flores-touching-women-media-history-explained?__twitter_impression=true

Online mountaineer

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2019, 01:44:53 am »
I guess he doesn’t—it probably blends in with all the rest.
Two reasons he doesn't remember this particular incident: 1) he so often has assaulted women and girls, and one's just like another; and 2) his various brain aneurysms and surgeries may have affected his memory.

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2019, 01:49:21 am »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2019, 02:00:25 am »
There's a lot of evidence on youtube to refresh his memory....he can't deny it...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2019, 02:08:52 am »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2019, 02:45:24 am »
Mayor Buttplug probably wants Joe's kiss !!

The ladies not so much.

This was a carefully planned, rather skillfull take down.

Good topic for a poll.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2019, 03:04:33 am »
Mayor Buttplug probably wants Joe's kiss !!

The ladies not so much.

This was a carefully planned, rather skillfull take down.

Good topic for a poll.

PM it to @corbe.  His bailiwick.  I like it.
I will NOT comply.