Author Topic: Trump threatens to close border 'next week' if Mexico doesn't 'immediately stop' flood of illegal im  (Read 7750 times)

Offline Night Hides Not

I suspect you're right, but I also keep in mind that we only see a small part of what is really going on.  For all we know, he might have gotten Mexico to quietly agree to make some concessions behind the scenes that they don't want made public.

Trump keeping things behind the scenes? Impossible.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online corbe

Somehow I don't think this guy is worried about this.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I don't understand why Mexico can't exercise sovereignty over it's territory when Trump has lead the way for America and shown them how
...by tweeting victory! :patriot:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I am reminded of the Parable about the Nanny who threatened to throw the baby to the wolves for crying too much.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Next year,next week,tomorrow,or maybe even yesterday.

WTF???????
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Next year,next week,tomorrow,or maybe even yesterday.

WTF???????
Next day without a 'y' in it....

Guaranteed bigly!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Guaranteed bigly!

@Smokin Joe

Maybe in a New Yawk Minute?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

Maybe in a New Yawk Minute?
(Don't hold your breath waiting for it!)

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

Guaranteed bigly!

He's already announced that he's pushing it out till next year.  Hundreds of thousands more could easily come through.  He has FAILED on this issue BIGLY!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

He's already announced that he's pushing it out till next year.  Hundreds of thousands more could easily come through.  He has FAILED on this issue BIGLY!
Any more red lines in the sand and he's going to need an Environmental Impact Statement.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So...people screamed when he said he was going to close the border, and now there's screaming because it's not gonna happen.  "Heads I win, tails you lose." 

Anybody who really thought he was going to "close" the border to commerce was a fool to think he ws really going to do it.  Am I the only person who thought that?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 10:30:35 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

So...people screamed when he said he was going to close the border, and now there's screaming because it's not gonna happen.  "Heads I win, tails you lose." 

Anybody who really thought he was going to "close" the border to commerce was a fool to think he ws really going to do it.  Am I the only person who thought that?

Some people screamed when he said he was going to close the border, and now some people are screaming because it's not gonna happen.  But are they the same people?

If anyone who thought he was going to follow through was a fool, why did he make the threat?   What's the saying about not giving an order you know won't be obeyed?  I'm sure you're not the only one who puts no faith in his threats.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline libertybele

Bottom line, Trump has zero credibility left.  None. Nadda.  Zip.   888mouth
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Victoria33

Bottom line, Trump has zero credibility left.  None. Nadda.  Zip.   888mouth
@libertybele

He speaks at the moment what he thinks people want to hear.  Later that day, speaking to another group, he speaks what he think they want to hear, the next day t another group, he speaks what he thinks they want to hear.  So, he doesn't have a definite position on anything.  The Wall worked during the campaign, but that was talk designed for votes - he really doesn't care if anything gets done except his reelection.  He should at least try to get something done at the border, so he can claim victory and get votes.

I found it amusing that a section of old Wall that was redone, he went there this past week.  The plaque was put on there in Oct.  Here it is:

https://secondnexus.com/news/trump-plaque-southern-border-wall-conway/
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 12:57:34 am by Victoria33 »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@libertybele

So, he doesn't have a definite position on anything.  The Wall worked during the campaign, but that was talk designed for votes - he really doesn't care if anything gets done except his reelection. 

How can so seasoned a professional who tells us she's superbly educated in the art of human behavior get the President's motivation so patently wrong @Victoria33 ?   

Offline QueenCatofAragon

How can so seasoned a professional who tells us she's superbly educated in the art of human behavior get the President's motivation so patently wrong @Victoria33 ?

@Right_in_Virginia, spending all day posting Trump fan articles doesn’t mean you have special insight into the man.  I know y’all like to think you do, but he’s a stranger to you same as the rest of us.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline NavyCanDo

Unless something happens, I seriously believe more illegals will enter America under Trump in 4 years than Obama in 8.  When you build your campaign on building a wall and all your supporters believed it would happen just as fast as he said it would, it doesn't bode well for a strong second term campaign.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Unless something happens, I seriously believe more illegals will enter America under Trump in 4 years than Obama in 8.  When you build your campaign on building a wall and all your supporters believed it would happen just as fast as he said it would, it doesn't bode well for a strong second term campaign.

Trumps campaign was detrimental to this country.  Its was the rhetoric without action that drives caravans.  They knows that he was empty promises.  Its the signal to migrants wanting to enter illegal.  There is nothing standing in the way.  They are paying attention. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

@Cyber Liberty
I laughed both times...

but to be fair I laughed when Trump signed the last budget and said with a straight face...“After 36 days of spirited debate and dialogue, I have heard from enough Democrats and Republicans that they are willing to put partisanship aside — I think — and put the security of the American people first.” -  https://www.federaltimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2019/01/25/trump-drops-wall-funding-demand-reaches-deal-to-end-the-government-shutdown/

And I laughed when he told his supporters to start chanting "Finish the Wall."

Tomorrow he will say Keep America Great.  #KAG - You Never Had It So Good.  Some voters, some actually very smart voters, will believe him.  Me ?  I dunno but the President is hilarious.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty
I laughed both times...

but to be fair I laughed when Trump signed the last budget and said with a straight face...“After 36 days of spirited debate and dialogue, I have heard from enough Democrats and Republicans that they are willing to put partisanship aside — I think — and put the security of the American people first.” -  https://www.federaltimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2019/01/25/trump-drops-wall-funding-demand-reaches-deal-to-end-the-government-shutdown/

And I laughed when he told his supporters to start chanting "Finish the Wall."

Tomorrow he will say Keep America Great.  #KAG - You Never Had It So Good.  Some voters, some actually very smart voters, will believe him.  Me ?  I dunno but the President is hilarious.

I'll bet you weren't enough of a fool to believe he'd actually do it.  true?
I will NOT comply.

Why can't you defend the President instead insulting @Victoria33 ?  I think it is because there is no defense to the President's flip flopped positions, and betrayals.   I suspect you think the President is playing 7th dimensional chess.  Correct me if I'm wrong.  I suspect if I walked in your shoes and saw the world through your eyes I would agree.

I did not.

I see a senile and vain President who is making the problem worse.  I will be thankful when he is replaced by VP Pence...or almost anybody.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 04:04:47 am by Once-Ler »

I'll bet you weren't enough of a fool to believe he'd actually do it.  true?
I'm unsure about many things, but I did not think he would be allowed to close the border.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 04:05:27 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm unsure about many things, but I did not think he would be allowed to close the border.

I don't know if he would be allowed to, but I knew he would not do it. 
I will NOT comply.

I don't know if he would be allowed to, but I knew he would not do it.
Was that like "Mexico will pay for the Wall" or "I could shoot a guy on 5th Ave" for you?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 04:18:06 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Why can't you defend the President instead insulting @Victoria33 ?  I think it is because there is no defense to the President's flip flopped positions, and betrayals.   I suspect you think the President is playing 7th dimensional chess.  Correct me if I'm wrong.  I suspect if I walked in your shoes and saw the world through your eyes I would agree.

I did not.

I see a senile and vain President who is making the problem worse.  I will be thankful when he is replaced by VP Pence...or almost anybody.

I think that Jared Kushner is running the country.  Why Trump is all talk.  When Jared gets wind of Trump making promises he reels him in.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.