Author Topic: Trump threatens to close border 'next week' if Mexico doesn't 'immediately stop' flood of illegal im  (Read 7763 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I think that Jared Kushner is running the country.  Why Trump is all talk.  When Jared gets wind of Trump making promises he reels him in.
I think even Trump doesn't control Trump.  Trump being a puppet of Kushner would be a relief for me.  I don't think Kushner is an idiot.  Perhaps I think that because he usually doesn't say much, so I can give him a better benefit of the doubt.  Trump talks all the time.  It is easier to gauge his abilities.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Was that like "Mexico will pay for the Wall" or "I could shoot a guy on 5th Ave" for you?

Yes.  Twice.  I wish I had a nickel for every time I knew a politician is lying to me.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I think even Trump doesn't control Trump.  Trump being a puppet of Kushner would be a relief for me.  I don't think Kushner is an idiot.  Perhaps I think that because he usually doesn't say much, so I can give him a better benefit of the doubt.  Trump talks all the time.  It is easier to gauge his abilities.

To me, Donald Trump was like landing on "Chance" or "Community Chest."  Sometimes I have to roll the dice and pray.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Yes.  Twice.  I wish I had a nickel for every time I knew a politician is lying to me.
I have a check list.
1.  Did he tell me what I wanted to hear?
2.  Did he tell me that it was also what everybody else wanted?
3.  Did he offer a powerful conspiracy that had fooled all the dumb people?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I have a check list.
1.  Did he tell me what I wanted to hear?
2.  Did he tell me that it was also what everybody else wanted?
3.  Did he offer a powerful conspiracy that had fooled all the dumb people?

I don't know about #3 (I reject conspiracy theories), but the first two send flares up for me, big time.  I am not a trusting sort.
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Trumps campaign was detrimental to this country.  Its was the rhetoric without action that drives caravans.  They knows that he was empty promises.  Its the signal to migrants wanting to enter illegal.  There is nothing standing in the way.  They are paying attention.

@Chosen Daughter

Yeah,it looks like Trump sucks as bad at protecting America as the Bush Crime Family.

So back off on your little "superiority dance". At least the Trump supporters THOUGHT he was going to close the border. NOBODY ever even suspected Poppy or Boy Jorge would even be interested in trying.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
To me, Donald Trump was like landing on "Chance" or "Community Chest."  Sometimes I have to roll the dice and pray.

@Cyber Liberty

True. While I do admit to having my hopes up that he would seal the border to illegals and cut down on the number of visas,I knew he would be no worse than the Bush Crime Family or any of the usual alleged Republican suspects.

Offline Victoria33

Unless something happens, I seriously believe more illegals will enter America under Trump in 4 years than Obama in 8.  When you build your campaign on building a wall and all your supporters believed it would happen just as fast as he said it would, it doesn't bode well for a strong second term campaign.
@NavyCanDo

Yes, Trump started a race to our border by those who want in before he shuts down the border.  He was so loud and often saying he was building a wall to stop people coming and Mexico would pay for it, that people started heading to our border.  "Get in before it closes."

Offline Applewood

@Cyber Liberty

True. While I do admit to having my hopes up that he would seal the border to illegals and cut down on the number of visas,I knew he would be no worse than the Bush Crime Family or any of the usual alleged Republican suspects.

And therein lies much of the disappointment with Trump.  He was always sold as being different  -- a guy who would get things done.  Trump and the Republicans had 2  years of the trifecta -- both houses of congress and the presidency -- to fulfill their promises regarding the border and all the other issues.  They did squat.  In that Trump is no different from the other party fat cats.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

To all the usual suspects on this thread ... here's what will solve all your problems and lower your anxiety level:  Appoint Donald J. Trump king.

Close the border:  check; frog march migrants back into Mexico, starting with women and children:  check; round up illegals in all fifty states and bus them back to their nation of origin--use of weapons acceptable:  check;  tell the courts to go bleep themselves: check; build a fifty foot concrete wall along the southern border and California: check.  Shoot any elected official who disagrees with this:  check.

There.  Done and done.  All we needed was a king. 

Edit:  I just read you post above @Applewood  .... Here's the best solution.  Truly.  Trust me.  This representative republic with three co-equal branches of government just isn't working anymore.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 12:18:19 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline libertybele

To all the usual suspects on this thread ... here's what will solve all your problems and lower your anxiety level:  Appoint Donald J. Trump king.

Close the border:  check; frog march migrants back into Mexico, starting with women and children:  check; round up illegals in all fifty states and bus them back to their nation of origin--use of weapons acceptable:  check;  tell the courts to go bleep themselves: check; build a fifty foot concrete wall along the southern border and California: check.  Shoot any elected official who disagrees with this:  check.

There.  Done and done.  All we needed was a king.

As usual, @Right_in_Virginia you win the prize for most ridiculous post of the day. Congrats!  happy77
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

@NavyCanDo

Yes, Trump started a race to our border by those who want in before he shuts down the border.  He was so loud and often saying he was building a wall to stop people coming and Mexico would pay for it, that people started heading to our border.  "Get in before it closes."

888high58888    :patriot:   The caravans keep coming because they now realize that he hasn't built a wall, isn't going to shut down the border and that our border patrol is overwhelmed.  Now it's easier to enter illegally than ever!  In Trump's reign the U.S.A. has experienced the greatest influx of illegals in history!   Deportations are lower now than under the past 2 administrations.  Not exactly a deterrent for an invasion.  He also just announced that they have another year to come here before he'll take action.  So, what's stopping the invasion?  NOTHING!! 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Applewood

Edit:  I just read you post above @Applewood  .... Here's the best solution.  Truly.  Trust me.  This representative republic with three co-equal branches of government just isn't working anymore.

My dear, it seems to me that is what Trump and his fans want.  A king, not a republic.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

As usual, @Right_in_Virginia you win the prize for most ridiculous post of the day. Congrats! 

A king IS the only thing that will please you @libertybele   You clearly have no appreciation for or understanding of our system of government.  You just want what you were promised .... and you want it now.  The good news is the President wants to give it to you ... so clear away the marbles on the floor and make him King.

Absent this, may I suggest you think before you type another rant.  They're starting to lower the average IQ in Brieferville.

Offline libertybele

A king IS the only thing that will please you @libertybele   You clearly have no appreciation for or understanding of our system of government.  You just want what you were promised .... and you want it now.  The good news is the President wants to give it to you ... so clear away the marbles on the floor and make him King.

Absent this, may I suggest you think before you type another rant.  They're starting to lower the average IQ in Brieferville.

Wow.  Yet another ridiculous post with false assumptions, accusations and insinuations. It's pathetic and almost humorous to watch Trumper's trying to defend a President who has FAILED on this issue!   :rolling:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
My dear, it seems to me that is what Trump and his fans want.  A king, not a republic.

@Applewood

You clearly haven't been paying any attention or you would realize we have had Kings ever since King Franklin the Worse took office. Ever since then it has been one King Dim or King Republican,crowned by the Party People ever since.

Ronald Reagan is the only possible exception I can think  of. His election caught them by surprise,much like Trump's election.

Trump was probably our last chance to break that stranglehold.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 12:51:22 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Victoria33

Member wrote:
"How can so seasoned a professional who tells us she's superbly educated in the art of human behavior get the President's motivation so patently wrong @Victoria33 ?"

Once-Ler wrote: Why can't you defend the President instead insulting @Victoria33 ?  I think it is because there is no defense to the President's flip flopped positions, and betrayals.   I suspect you think the President is playing 7th dimensional chess.  Correct me if I'm wrong.  I suspect if I walked in your shoes and saw the world through your eyes I would agree.  I did not.
I see a senile and vain President who is making the problem worse.  I will be thankful when he is replaced by VP Pence...or almost anybody.
@Once-Ler
@Cyber Liberty
@mystery-ak

Once-Ler, Thanks for your post.  That member follows me and makes derisive comments about me personally instead of speaking to the subject.  I don't read her posts unless someone else posts them.  She said, "who tells us she's superbly educated in the art of human behavior".  I have never written the word, "superbly" on this forum until right now, so I could not have said in the past I am "superbly educated".  That was another snarky, nasty dig she does with members, but she especially likes to dig me.  That member is "superbly educated" in writing snark posts to members.

Again, I have her on Ignore and do not open her posts, so she is wasting her time writing them, except she wants others to agree with her to start a word fight.  I don't do word fights.

Offline Applewood

@libertybele

It's called "projection."  Why do you think Trump fans get all excited when their hero talks about such things as curbing freedom of the press?  They think if Trump was free of the constraints of our Constitution -- including congress -- then he would really get things done. 

Trouble is, Trump would still not accomplish anything -- because like the others in his party, he has no intention of doing so.  It's all a fantasy, a reality tv show, Nothing is real. 

Sadly, even after being hornswoggled by their hero, Trump fans still won't admit it.  Now the theme is, re-elect Trump and this time he will really do what he promised.  This time it will be different.  This is why he is putting off closing the border.  Re-elect him next year and then he will do it.  Same with Obamacare -- wait till next year after Trump is re-elected. 

If he and his fellow Republicans squandered their advantage and did nothing for four years, why do Trump supporters think things will get done if Trump is re-elected?

Offline libertybele

@libertybele

It's called "projection."  Why do you think Trump fans get all excited when their hero talks about such things as curbing freedom of the press?  They think if Trump was free of the constraints of our Constitution -- including congress -- then he would really get things done. 

Trouble is, Trump would still not accomplish anything -- because like the others in his party, he has no intention of doing so.  It's all a fantasy, a reality tv show, Nothing is real. 

Sadly, even after being hornswoggled by their hero, Trump fans still won't admit it.  Now the theme is, re-elect Trump and this time he will really do what he promised.  This time it will be different.  This is why he is putting off closing the border.  Re-elect him next year and then he will do it.  Same with Obamacare -- wait till next year after Trump is re-elected. 

If he and his fellow Republicans squandered their advantage and did nothing for four years, why do Trump supporters think things will get done if Trump is re-elected?

Exactly.  It was never his intention to build a wall nor secure the borders.  I'm bracing myself for his true intentions.

Offline Victoria33

@libertybele
@mystery-ak
@Cyber Liberty

Member said to you, "Absent this, may I suggest you think before you type another rant.  They're starting to lower the average IQ in Brieferville."

You said, "Wow.  Yet another ridiculous post with false assumptions, accusations and insinuations. It's pathetic and almost humorous to watch Trumper's trying to defend a President who has FAILED on this issue!"

I see that member post as saying people on this forum are lowering the IQ on this forum, as post said,    "They're starting to lower the average IQ in Brieferville."  @mystery-ak, do you think this forum is getting "Less Smart", as in IQs are going down?  Of course not, that was another snarky, nasty dig she loves to do.  Perhaps that member should leave this forum and go to one better suited to her supposed smarts.  I could say if she left, the board IQ would go up.  Eureka! That is it.!  It was that member's IQ keeping us down!  There is hope for the forum if that member leaves!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 01:24:34 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
For a wall vote, Flake and McCain might not have voted for it. I wouldn't be so sure, they could have pushed this through congress. That means Murkowski and Collins would have had to vote for it.  A bit tricky.

Offline Mod2

Let's stick to the topic and quit attacking other Briefers. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
@Chosen Daughter

Yeah,it looks like Trump sucks as bad at protecting America as the Bush Crime Family.

So back off on your little "superiority dance". At least the Trump supporters THOUGHT he was going to close the border. NOBODY ever even suspected Poppy or Boy Jorge would even be interested in trying.

I take no joy in the imbecile that Trump has shown himself to be.  I would have been very happy if he had shown me wrong.  I even thought I was going to get on the train once until Trump did what he does best.  Waffle and make things worse.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

I take no joy in the imbecile that Trump has shown himself to be.  I would have been very happy if he had shown me wrong.  I even thought I was going to get on the train once until Trump did what he does best.  Waffle and make things worse.

...hmm... @Chosen Daughter I don't believe he's an imbecile, I believe he is very smart and knows exactly what he's doing.  Waiting till the last minute to push this issue when he knew he'd be met with the greatest opposition, making all kinds of threats that he's never followed through on, signing a bad bill, DACA amnesty, etc., were all calculated moves on his part. Again, it was never his intent to build a wall, nor secure our borders.

Offline Victoria33

I think that Jared Kushner is running the country.  Why Trump is all talk.  When Jared gets wind of Trump making promises he reels him in.
@Chosen Daughter

I also think Kushner is working behind the scenes, especially when it comes to Israel and other countries where he has done business.  I don't know if he has enough "pull" with Trump to change or guide Trump's actions.  Trump trusts no one but himself.  I also read a while ago, he told this present chief of staff to get his children out of Washington, back to New York City, because they could not help him, they were a hindrance.  I had wondered when he would turn on his family and now he has; in his mind, he is the only one in the world who is right all the time. 

No matter the subject, from how nuclear weapons work, plus everything in the universe, Trump says he knows all about it, more than anyone, ever.  That one statement, he knows more than anyone, he is the only one who can fix it, screams out Trump is mentally defective/unstable.