Poll

Will the President get his New Trade Deal (USMCA) before the August recess?

Yes
3 (27.3%)
No
8 (72.7%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: March 30, 2019, 02:39:05 pm

Author Topic: Will the President get his New Trade Deal (USMCA) before the August recess?  (Read 2121 times)

Offline corbe

Trump’s North American trade deal at risk of stalling in Congress

Erica Werner, David Lynch, Emily Rauhala

33 mins ago

President Trump’s effort to rework a major trade deal with Canada and Mexico is showing signs of faltering on Capitol Hill, straining under a variety of angry complaints from lawmakers of both parties who won’t commit to backing the plan.

Trump reached an agreement with Canada and Mexico last year to update the 1994 North American Free Trade Agreement. But Congress must approve the deal, and the White House has been unable to mollify the growing complaints.

The administration’s goal is to get the pact approved ahead of Congress’s annual August recess. It’s not clear if that timeline is realistic. But delaying action past Labor Day could greatly increase political risk because of the accelerating presidential campaign.

<..snip..>

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trumps-north-american-trade-deal-at-risk-of-stalling-in-congress/ar-BBVnSbE?ocid=ientp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
That ship has sailed when he lost the House.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I'm voting hopefully.

Offline corbe

Good Morning Beautiful @Freya
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
That ship has sailed when he lost the House.

Agreed, not a chance in heck.  It would have been trouble even before 2019 because the Senate would never have gotten the 60 votes necessary.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

I'd like to know what's in this new agreement.  If it's as bad as NAFTA, then I'd definitely urge my idiot congressman to vote against it.   

Not just no, but hell no.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 09:32:05 pm by Applewood »

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
I'm voting hopefully.

Ditto.  It depends on how he leverages it.