Author Topic: Charles Barkley: Jussie Smollett Screwed ‘Real’ Victims  (Read 1843 times)

rangerrebew

Charles Barkley: Jussie Smollett Screwed ‘Real’ Victims

By Rusty | Featured Contributor | March 28, 2019 11:25AM

NBA analyst and basketball legend Charles Barkley believes that the real victims of the Jussie Smollett saga are people who have actually suffered hate crime attacks. He also lamented the fact that the ‘Empire’ actor put law enforcement in “a bad light.”

TMZ caught up with ‘Sir Charles’ and asked him if he thought Smollett had “skated.”

“That’s an understatement,” Barkley quipped.

The hoops great then unloaded on Smollett, explaining that he isn’t a victim of anything but many other people will suffer because of Jussie’s hoax crime.

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/charles-barkley-jussie-smollett-screwed-real-victims/?utm_campaign=TPINewsletter3282019breaking&utm_source=criticalimpact&utm_medium=email&utm_content=4371d3fdbb69c3b8a6473c7b9fa19141&source=CI
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 01:00:30 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Charles Barkley: Jussie Smollett Screwed ‘Real’ Victims
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 01:13:50 pm »
Barkley is an interesting guy. 

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 01:31:01 pm »
I followed Barkley when he played basketball.  He was down to earth, reasonable in all he said; he still is.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 01:44:23 pm »
He inadvertently screwed real victims.

He tried to screw Trump supporters, a fact carefully avoided by most commentators.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2019, 01:45:17 pm »
I followed Barkley when he played basketball.  He was down to earth, reasonable in all he said; he still is.

Some people say things just to be provocative, but Barkley actually thinks for himself. Sometimes he's wrong, but at least he thinks. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2019, 06:00:57 pm »

I had a good laugh when he threw that guy through a barroom window.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2019, 07:04:51 pm »
I had a good laugh when he threw that guy through a barroom window.
Supposedly the guy was only about 155 lbs.  Barkley is about 6'6 and wide as a door frame. He was one of the strongest players in the NBA during his playing days in a league full of super strong, huge athletes.  How drunk do you have to be to irritate him on purpose?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2019, 07:19:12 pm »
Supposedly the guy was only about 155 lbs.  Barkley is about 6'6 and wide as a door frame. He was one of the strongest players in the NBA during his playing days in a league full of super strong, huge athletes.  How drunk do you have to be to irritate him on purpose?

How drunk does one have to be to pick up someone outweighed by at least 100 lbs of pure muscle and throw him through a window,  no matter how much one is irritated? 

But, fear not:  Barkley got away with it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2019, 07:59:57 pm »
He inadvertently screwed real victims.

He tried to screw Trump supporters, a fact carefully avoided by most commentators.

It demonstrated the horrific state of "jounalism."

Media of all types, it sticking to "narratives."

Those narratives are "Post Modernist" Progressive, Far Left.

Some upside is disgust by decent Liberals, that see the danger.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2019, 08:04:11 pm »
It demonstrated the horrific state of "jounalism."

Media of all types, it sticking to "narratives."

Those narratives are "Post Modernist" Progressive, Far Left.

Some upside is disgust by decent Liberals, that see the danger.

Of course Barkley is right. But by harping on this single result he's actually pushing the same narrative Smollett was hoping to foment - America is place where anti-black racist attacks are commonplace. It is not.

On the other hand, not a word is spoken by anyone about the other, intended victims of this hoax.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2019, 08:13:49 pm »
Rather than start a new thread, I'll put this here. It's by one of my favorite black conservatives.
Letting Jussie Smollett Off The Hook Proves Privilege Is About Politics, Not Skin Color
Just like children of wealthy Hollywood elites, Jussie Smollett has ‘privilege’ that most of Chicago’s black male population does not: the privilege of being a wealthy, connected liberal.
By Derrick Wilburn   
March 29, 2019

How many of the thousands of young black males in Chicago’s court system had all charges against them dropped this week? The decision by Chicago prosecutor Kim Foxx to drop all charges against Jessie Smollett unmasks the truth about a frequently discussed topic in liberal circles: “privilege.”  ...

Now, less than two weeks after pleading not guilty to 16 counts, Chicago prosecutors have dropped all charges and claiming they’ve reached an “appropriate” deal in the case, and the actor’s record will be wiped clean, according to B.E.T.

This is privilege, but not the “privilege” typically discussed in liberal circles, for this isn’t “white privilege.” It’s the far more prevalent “WCL (wealthy, connected, liberal) privilege.”

Those not in the WCL privilege club can have nothing more than unsubstantiated accusations of things they supposedly did 35 years ago in high school brought up, and the club immediately begins warming up the tar. Yet those in the club can have actual pictures of themselves in blackface surface and survive unscathed. ...
He also talks about the college admissions scandal and Chelsea Clinton. Link to entire article here
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2019, 09:28:26 pm »
How drunk does one have to be to pick up someone outweighed by at least 100 lbs of pure muscle and throw him through a window,  no matter how much one is irritated? 

But, fear not:  Barkley got away with it.
He probably shouldn't have thrown him through a window, but then I didn't know what he said to Barkley.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2019, 10:13:04 pm »
He probably shouldn't have thrown him through a window, but then I didn't know what he said to Barkley.

It will likely be brought up if he gains any traction with his criticism of the New Black God.
I will NOT comply.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2019, 10:27:14 pm »
It will likely be brought up if he gains any traction with his criticism of the New Black God.
Speaking of traction, I wonder how long that guy was in the hospital recovering from his unlikely airborne adventure.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2019, 11:37:14 pm »
Speaking of traction, I wonder how long that guy was in the hospital recovering from his unlikely airborne adventure.

I don't know.  Crashing through a window can be fatal.
I will NOT comply.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2019, 07:18:03 am »
I'd say drunk was one thing, but there had to be a heaping side order of stupid involved.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2019, 08:07:37 am »

I can remember a tale back in what was the '90's when Barkley tried to explain to his mother why he was a Republican.

She told him, that ...  Charles....   The republicans are for the rich people, in which Sir Charles promptly responed......    Mom,....we are rich.

Barkley hasn't been 100% on of course, but he does have some common sense.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2019, 08:41:46 am »

Barkley hasn't been 100% on of course, but he does have some common sense.

Yeah, as a person that watched him play college hoops (Round Mound of Rebound) and followed him through some political stints, he is hit and miss... sometimes liberal sometimes conservative...

Good post Catfish
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2019, 01:09:04 pm »
Wayne Dupree:
Chris Rock Was Instructed Not To Make Jussie Smollett Jokes At NAACP Awards — So He Did Anyway!
Chris Rock boldly joked about Jussie Smollett at the 2019 NAACP Image Awards when he was told not to

...   â€œThey said no Jussie Smollett jokes. I know. What a waste of white skin. You know what I could do with that light skin? That curly hair? My career would be out of here. F—ing running Hollywood,” Rock joked.

“What the hell was he thinking? From now on, you’re Jessie from now on. You don’t even get the ‘U’ no more. That ‘U’ was respect. You don’t get no respect from me.”   ...
Link to story
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2019, 04:12:08 pm »
Wayne Dupree:Link to story
...   â€œThey said no Jussie Smollett jokes. I know. What a waste of white skin. You know what I could do with that light skin? That curly hair? My career would be out of here. F—ing running Hollywood,” Rock joked."

Yes, poor Chris Rock.  He's only worth one hundred million dollars.
Like many millions of white people who were handed millions of dollars by the government when I graduated from high school, I'm sure sorry I've spent all my millions.  (smirk)