Author Topic: Texas AG opens investigation into San Antonio banning Chick-Fil-A at ariport  (Read 824 times)

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton is launching an investigation into the city of San Antonio's decision to exclude Chick-fil-A from a concession contract at the San Antonio International Airport. 
According to a news release, Paxton sent a letter Thursday to Mayor Ron Nirenberg and members of the San Antonio City Council informing them of the probe.

The City Council voted March 21 by a 6-4 vote to remove Chick-fil-A from a new airport concessionaire contract, despite a favorable recommendation by city staff, citing Chick-fil-A owners' religious beliefs.

"The city of San Antonio's decision to exclude a respected vendor based on the religious beliefs associated with that company and its owners is the opposite of tolerance," Paxton said. "The city's discriminatory decision is not only out of step with Texas values, but inconsistent with the Constitution and Texas law."

Paxton also requested that U.S. Dept. of Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao open an investigation into the matter, saying the city may have violated federal law and Transportation Department regulations. 

https://www.ksat.com/news/politics/texas-ag-opens-investigation-into-sa-banning-chick-fil-a-at-airport

God bless Texas!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Ken Paxton is definitely a keeper!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Chip Roy,my congressman was on Fox this morning talking about this.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Well, well, now the feds could be looking into it as a violation of receiving federal transportation funds.  Maybe the city council had tripped over a big pile of excrement iif the city stands to lose federal funds.

In response, First Liberty Institute has asked United States Secretary of Transportation, Elaine Chao, to investigate the Texas city’s council for religious discrimination. The religious liberty law firm asked Secretary Chao to determine whether city officials failed to comply with the assurances of nondiscrimination required as a federal grant recipient.

Banning Chick-fil-A is not only bigoted -- it’s illegal
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/banning-chick-fil-a-is-not-only-bigoted-its-illegal
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington