Author Topic: Jussie Smollett is nominated for an NAACP Award, and host Anthony Anderson hopes he wins  (Read 669 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jussie Smollett is nominated for an NAACP Award, and host Anthony Anderson hopes he wins
Hannah Yasharoff, USA TODAY Published 12:08 p.m. ET March 28, 2019 | Updated 12:48 p.m. ET March 28, 2019

Just days after the prosecutors dropped all charges against Jussie Smollett, who had been indicted on 16 counts of disorderly conduct, the "Empire" actor could again make headlines.

Smollett is nominated for the 2019 NAACP Image Awards, scheduled for Saturday. Six-time host and "Black-ish" star Anthony Anderson told Variety on Wednesday that he hopes to see the controversial actor there.

“I hope he wins," Anderson added. "I’m happy for him that the system worked for him in his favor because the system isn’t always fair, especially for people of color. So I’m glad it worked out for him."

USA TODAY has reached out to a representative for Smollett in regards to his attendance.

more
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2019/03/28/jussie-smollett-up-naacp-award-host-anthony-anderson-hopes-he-wins/3298234002/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
If you mised it, the entire democrat strategy is Offense, Offense, Offense.

for Beitish readers offence, offence, offence

Not a tiny bit of contrition, shame, remorse, admission of mistakes.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Oh Hell yeah I hope he wins it so I can watch the white liberals look really uncomfortable.
Smollett has single-handily brought the world's attention to the silliness of hate crimes.

Countdown to Resignation

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I hope he wins,too. He perfectly represents the image the Tan Klan promotes. Thief,liar,racist,parasite.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline goatprairie

Speaking about orgs. that have long outlived their usefulness, the NAACP like the SPLC should be disbanded. All those "civil rights" groups now do far more harm than good.
Planning to give an award to a scoundrel like Smollett proves how debased and rotten most of the civil rights orgs have become.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
For an organization meant to promote the "Advancement of Colored People," they certainly seem eager to promote those who set race relations back several decades.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024