Author Topic: Comey: Trump tried to 'burn down an institution of justice because he saw it as a threat'  (Read 711 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Comey: Trump tried to 'burn down an institution of justice because he saw it as a threat'
By Rachel Frazin - 03/27/19 07:11 PM EDT

Former FBI director James Comey accused President Trump on Wednesday of trying to damage the reputation of the U.S. justice system "because he saw it as a threat."

"I don't think that we've seen in the history of our country, the president try to burn down an institution of justice because he saw it as a threat," Comey told NBC's Lester Holt. "And the lies he told, forget about me, the lies he told about the agents of the FBI, 'storm troopers,' the lies he told about Bob Mueller, were terrible."

But Comey added that any "damage" to the Justice Department's reputation, particularly the FBI, had been worth it.

"n the long run, the institutions will be fine, because the American people know them and also know this president, know what he's like," he continued, referring to Trump.

Comey also told Holt that he believes his 2017 firing by Trump was "potentially obstruction of justice."

more
https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/fbi/436157-comey-trump-tried-to-burn-down-an-institution-of-justice-because
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Shuck n' jive till your heart's content, Putz, but I suspect fewer and fewer are buying the load of crap you've been selling.

I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing this obsequious a-hole throw himself on the mercy of the court.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
If there's damage, Jimmy, you caused it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Shuck n' jive till your heart's content, Putz, but I suspect fewer and fewer are buying the load of crap you've been selling.

I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing this obsequious a-hole throw himself on the mercy of the court.

You and me both my friend!   888high58888  :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

You and me both my friend!   888high58888  :beer:

May God be willing.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Maybe you should shut up now, Comey. If there is any justice, I hope you get your fair share.
Principles matter. Words matter.