Author Topic: A Muslim State Rep. in Penn. Wants to Ban ‘Highly Offensive’ Christian Prayer  (Read 1298 times)

rangerrebew

A Muslim State Rep. in Penn. Wants to Ban ‘Highly Offensive’ Christian Prayer
Warner Todd Huston March 27, 2019 350 Views

A Muslim member of the Pennsylvania State House of Representatives is denouncing the Christian prayer that opened this week’s House session calling it “highly offensive” to her.

Rep. Movita Johnson-Harrell attacked her colleagues and demanded an “apology” for the prayer given as the day’s activities began in the State Capitol in Harrisburg. And she did all this on her very first day in office.

Johnson-Harrell exploded over the prayers saying it was “highly offensive to me, my guests, and other members of the House.”

https://godfatherpolitics.com/a-muslim-state-rep-in-penn-wants-to-ban-highly-offensive-christian-prayer/

Offline mountaineer

The prayer in question: Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

I would assume any non-Christian, Muslim or not, might feel like an outsider listening to this woman praying to Jesus Christ and acknowledging him as Lord of Lords. But aren't people of other faiths also invited to pray now and again? I don't get in a hissy fit when I'm at an event and a rabbi offers the prayer. Even a Muslim legislator has to accept that even though she is in a rather distinct minority in the state and among fellow legislators, she still might get her chance to offer a public prayer to her god someday. In other words, get over it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
So what?

I want to ban Muslims.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Applewood

Never heard of her, so I looked her up.  She's from Philadelphia:

www.electmovita.com/index.php/about

Interesting she once accepted the "Good Shepherd’s Mediation Program’s Shepherd of Peace Award."  I guess Christians are ok when they hand out awards, but not when they are praying.

rangerrebew

Pennsylvania's Islamic Totalitarianism: State Dems Call Christian Prayer "Bigoted" - Applaud Qur'an Reading At State House Session
Robert Spencer Robert Spencer March 29, 2019 2.6k Views

“State Rep. Jason Dawkins, another Muslim lawmaker, opened the session Tuesday by reading from the Quran, prompting applause in the chamber.”

The favored religion on the Left is one that has moved some of its adherents to wage war against the West for 1,400 years, as The History of Jihad illustrates in detail. Is it just coincidence that the Left seems to oppose every counterterror and national security measure, and always to denigrate Judeo-Christian tradition while exalting Islam?

An update on this story. “Pennsylvania state Dems slam Republican’s prayer as ‘offensive,’ bigoted,” by Lukas Mikelionis, Fox News, March 27, 2019:

https://freedomoutpost.com/pennsylvanias-islamic-totalitarianism-state-dems-call-christian-prayer-bigoted-applaud-quran-reading-at-state-house-session/

rangerrebew

It would appear that, in Pennsylvania anyway, the separation of Church and State applies to only Christianity. *****rollingeyes*****

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
It would appear that, in Pennsylvania anyway, the separation of Church and State applies to only Christianity. *****rollingeyes*****

Sharia is more than creeping.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
“State Rep. Jason Dawkins, another Muslim lawmaker, opened the session Tuesday by reading from the Quran, prompting applause in the chamber.”

Of course, once again, the question:
Who's winning...?

Offline Mod1

Threads merged and moved to State Politics category.