Author Topic: House fails to override Trump veto on southern border emergency  (Read 1621 times)

Offline QueenCatofAragon

Re: House fails to override Trump veto on southern border emergency
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2019, 12:10:26 am »
Illegal immigration is a problem, but it is a symptom of a booming economy.   This is how markets work.   Employers need workers,   and that demand causes folks to come ,  just as Obama's shit economy caused them to leave.

There is one unique aspect of what's happening this year - families seeking asylum from conditions of rampant violence.   You all decide for yourselves whether you have empathy for these people, whether as Christians or Americans living (by comparison) the life of Riley.

@Jazzhead

Empathy is beside the point.  We need to be addressing immigration the way the Founders intended.  Does it benefit us and the nation?  If not, sorry.

About 250 years ago a bunch of half-starved farmers kicked out the world's greatest power and established this country.  Let these downtrodden people do something about their own governments instead of eternally looking to us for help.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline libertybele

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2019, 01:50:11 am »
Illegal immigration is a problem, but it is a symptom of a booming economy.   This is how markets work.   Employers need workers,   and that demand causes folks to come ,  just as Obama's shit economy caused them to leave.

There is one unique aspect of what's happening this year - families seeking asylum from conditions of rampant violence.   You all decide for yourselves whether you have empathy for these people, whether as Christians or Americans living (by comparison) the life of Riley.

:bs:   @Jazzhead   Take a trip to one of the border cities like Nogales, AZ, El Paso, TX, San Diego, CA, etc., and spend a few days ON the border and then see if you still feel the same way. 

As a Christian for having empathy for these people, I would invite you to find a prayer vigil to attend for those who have fallen victim to the hands of illegals.  Have you not listened to any of the stories from people Trump has interviewed?  I have empathy for my fellow man and it sickens me and has brought me to tears to hear the horror stories of the victims.  It is time to take a stand and protect our citizens.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 01:58:43 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2019, 02:30:35 am »
As a Christian for having empathy for these people, I would invite you to find a prayer vigil to attend for those who have fallen victim to the hands of illegals.  Have you not listened to any of the stories from people Trump has interviewed?  I have empathy for my fellow man and it sickens me and has brought me to tears to hear the horror stories of the victims.  It is time to take a stand and protect our citizens.
@libertybele
I think you have empathy and righteous indignation in response to the swill right-hate media has fed you.  Your sickness and tears are the product of calculated lies.  It is long past time you woke up and questioned the media.  JMHO.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2019, 02:39:02 am »
@libertybele
I think you have empathy and righteous indignation in response to the swill right-hate media has fed you.  Your sickness and tears are the product of calculated lies.  It is long past time you woke up and questioned the media.  JMHO.

Dori: How dare Jay Inslee Tweet during Deputy Ryan Thompson’s funeral?

Dori Monson

Dori: How dare Jay Inslee Tweet during Deputy Ryan Thompson’s funeral?
By Dori Monson
March 30, 2019 at 6:05 am

We found out Thursday afternoon that Governor Jay Inslee was specifically dis-invited to the memorial for Kittitas County Deputy Ryan Thompson.

As I said last week, when this cop was killed by an illegal immigrant, Jay Inslee had to accept some responsibility. He has declared many times that Washington is a sanctuary state. He encourages as many illegal immigrants as possible to come into our state. And so, when an illegal immigrant kills a cop — as has happened multiple times here in Washington — he has to take ownership of the consequences of his policy.

I am now assuming that Deputy Thompson’s family feels the same way, and that for that reason, they asked the governor not to attend the funeral. I can think of no other reason why they would have asked him not to come.

After I talked about this on-air, a listener who was at the memorial reached out to me on Twitter and wrote this.

I sat next to a mom of a deputy at today’s service. Jay Inslee was Tweeting in the middle of the service. To see the pain in my son’s eyes, the pain in all the officers’ eyes, and the pain in the eyes of Ryan Thompson’s family, was absolutely heartbreaking..........

http://mynorthwest.com/1328685/dori-inslee-ryan-thompson-funeral/

Fallen Kittitas County Sheriff’s Deputy Ryan Thompson Honored At CWU
By Zachary Garner  March 28, 2019

https://www.nwpb.org/2019/03/28/fallen-kittitas-county-sheriffs-deputy-ryan-thompson-honored-at-cwu/

Washington state deputy was killed by illegal immigrant, ICE says

https://www.foxnews.com/us/washington-state-deputy-was-killed-by-illegal-immigrant-ice-says
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 02:42:03 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2019, 03:20:46 am »
@libertybele

???? I'm speaking from personal experience @Once-Ler.  Media hasn't fed me anything.  It is long past time you woke up and realized what is happening to our country.  Denial and apathy are common reactions; however, burying your head in the sand isn't going to make everything go away.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.