Author Topic: Mueller Madness: The media pundits who got it most wrong  (Read 2823 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mueller Madness: The media pundits who got it most wrong
« on: March 26, 2019, 02:44:15 pm »

Opinion
Mueller Madness: The media pundits who got it most wrong

By Sohrab Ahmari

March 25, 2019 | 8:24pm | Updated

Special counsel Robert Mueller has definitively put to rest the collusion theory of President Trump’s election. That’s not a little embarrassing for the many journalists, talking heads, celebrities and instant experts who spent more than two years furiously speculating about Moscow “pee-pee” tapes, treasonous rendezvous and the president’s imminent arrest.

The president’s haters no doubt wish to memory-hole collusion and move on to the next anti-Trump theory. But not so fast: We want to laurel the punditry “champion” — the one who peddled the most nonsensical nonsense, the wildest inanities, the weirdest theories and unsubstantiated stories.

That’s where your brackets come in.

Our contenders are divided into four groups (not unlike NCAA conferences): the print journalists, the cable TV talkers, the Twitterati and the network news reporters and “analysts.” And the brackets are seeded, with the most visible and influential figures contending against the lesser-known.

more
https://nypost.com/2019/03/25/mueller-madness-the-media-pundits-who-got-it-most-wrong/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Mueller Madness: The media pundits who got it most wrong
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 05:44:34 pm »
I'd like to see Obastard fill this in live on ESPN.  :laugh:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 06:35:43 pm »
What good is ANY element of the media, if it fails to scrutinize the accuracy, truth of the "news" they distribute, print, broadcast, aggregate, etc.?

--Original reporters/authors
--Major purlications and stations

--Aggregators?

--Discussion Forums

There is a business opportunity for some, to be the Best, Most Accurate,  etc.

Innovaive, also. Streamed sources, and not just print sources.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2019, 07:00:58 pm »
What good is ANY element of the media, if it fails to scrutinize the accuracy, truth of the "news" they distribute, print, broadcast, aggregate, etc.?

--Original reporters/authors
--Major purlications and stations

--Aggregators?

--Discussion Forums

There is a business opportunity for some, to be the Best, Most Accurate,  etc.

Innovaive, also. Streamed sources, and not just print sources.

Big Media thinks they are "King Makers."  They direct public opinion, not politicians.  The Rats are more than happy to relinquish this role to their trusted friends.   It's the "Media-Democrat Complex."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2019, 07:12:03 pm »
So many choices!  A surfeit of villains. 

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2019, 07:14:43 pm »
Big Media thinks they are "King Makers."  They direct public opinion, not politicians.  The Rats are more than happy to relinquish this role to their trusted friends.   It's the "Media-Democrat Complex."

Interesting debate:

Is the MSM the parent or the child to the Democrat Party?  Their alliance is out in the open, so spare the tin-foil.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2019, 07:19:35 pm »
Interesting debate:

Is the MSM the parent or the child to the Democrat Party?  Their alliance is out in the open, so spare the tin-foil.

They're siblings, attached at the hips and bound by the wrists and ankles. 333cleo
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2019, 07:20:24 pm »
They're siblings, attached at the hips and bound by the wrists and ankles. 333cleo

Incestuous siblings at that. Make that identical twins.  Much less icky.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 07:21:15 pm by Sanguine »

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2019, 07:27:44 pm »
Interesting debate:

@DCPatriot

It is an interesting question.  While most often we would tend to call the MSM the "child" to the Democrat party, I recall Limbo taking the opposite approach a year or so ago.  I can't recall all of his points but it centered around two main items:
1.  MSM all come from the same "elite" schools (and are hence all similarly indoctrinated toward common goals).
2.  MSM all congregate continually in the same "elite" social circles.

He felt that those points were what enabled them to drive the narrative and lead the D party.

:shrug:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2019, 07:40:59 pm »
Interesting debate:

I favor a breakup of Big Media, and other elements with awesome power to manipulate.

TV, Facebook, Google, etc.

Ad to that power, the political power too, and we have a recipe to become a Banana Republik.

In retrospect, Trump really knew what he was talking about when he went after DNN.

He knew, and he had the guts to do it. He has been vindicated by events.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2019, 07:41:21 pm »
@DCPatriot

It is an interesting question.  While most often we would tend to call the MSM the "child" to the Democrat party, I recall Limbo taking the opposite approach a year or so ago.  I can't recall all of his points but it centered around two main items:
1.  MSM all come from the same "elite" schools (and are hence all similarly indoctrinated toward common goals).

He felt that those points were what enabled them to drive the narrative and lead the D party.

Yes, @EdJames

Seems they more siblings...evil twins.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EdJames

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2019, 07:46:04 pm »
Yes, @EdJames

Seems they more siblings...evil twins.

Maybe a two-headed Hydra?

Offline Absalom

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2019, 08:31:01 pm »
I favor a breakup of Big Media, and other elements with awesome power to manipulate.
TV, Facebook, Google, etc.
Ad to that power, the political power too, and we have a recipe to become a Banana Republik.
In retrospect, Trump really knew what he was talking about when he went after DNN.
He knew, and he had the guts to do it. He has been vindicated by events.
-----------------------------------------
All media need permission (a License) to operate.
Why is this automatically renewed???
Deny a few, then witness an apoplectic frenzy!!! 

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2019, 08:35:47 pm »

Who decides?  On what basis?

Forty-two percent of the people believe the Russians influenced the election.  Get a steady diet of 'garbage-in' and you're essentially ...cough...irredeemable.   

But those people need to know they were being fed fake news propaganda for years.

So, are we talking about re-education?  Or, a 2AM bus to the soccer stadium?    :laugh:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2019, 09:23:49 pm »
@DCPatriot

@EdJames which schools of law did most SCOTUS justices attend?  How about justices on Courts of appeal?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2019, 09:31:21 pm »

Where did you get this "License" to operate?  It's true for some outlets like radio aTV broadcasting but very little else.
I will NOT comply.

Offline EdJames

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2019, 09:56:28 pm »
@EdJames which schools of law did most SCOTUS justices attend?  How about justices on Courts of appeal?

To the best of my knowledge, the answer for both groups is the Ivies....  with Law School at Yale and Harvard leading the pack....

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2019, 10:14:59 pm »
To the best of my knowledge, the answer for both groups is the Ivies....  with Law School at Yale and Harvard leading the pack....

I don't know exactly how many schools of law there are in the good ole USA but I know the number is more than 3 or 4 and find it very troubling that so few graduates of of any of the hundreds of others have been deemed qualified to hold any of those positions.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 10:15:48 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdJames

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2019, 10:40:33 pm »
I don't know exactly how many schools of law there are in the good ole USA but I know the number is more than 3 or 4 and find it very troubling that so few graduates of of any of the hundreds of others have been deemed qualified to hold any of those positions.

You are certainly correct about that.  I have to believe that choosing justices and judges from this small pool of potential candidates is done to ensure that they have been properly indoctrinated and that their view of Constitutional Law is of a particular flavor.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2019, 02:10:46 am »
Who decides?  On what basis?

Forty-two percent of the people believe the Russians influenced the election.  Get a steady diet of 'garbage-in' and you're essentially ...cough...irredeemable.   

But those people need to know they were being fed fake news propaganda for years.

So, are we talking about re-education?  Or, a 2AM bus to the soccer stadium?    :laugh:
----------------------------------------
The deciders are the original issuers, the FCC Commissioners, ordained by the Senate.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2019, 02:25:40 am »
Where did you get this "License" to operate?  It's true for some outlets like radio aTV broadcasting but very little else.
----------------------------------
Given your comment, I thought April's Fool's Day came a week early.

The FCC is mandated by Congress to manage and license the entire
media spectrum including broadcast television, cable, radio. satellite
and wire; a role it has played for 85 years!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 02:27:19 am by Absalom »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2019, 02:41:52 am »
----------------------------------
Given your comment, I thought April's Fool's Day came a week early.

The FCC is mandated by Congress to manage and license the entire
media spectrum including broadcast television, cable, radio. satellite
and wire; a role it has played for 85 years!

LOL.  Not unless they changed all the laws recently.  FCC does not regulate Cable or whatever you mean by "wire."  Internet?  Hate to tell you this but a license is not required to operate TBR.  Facebook either.  Satellite probably.
I will NOT comply.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2019, 02:56:55 am »
Anyway, about a month-6 weeks, Brennan was saying he expect indictments, people ran with that. I think it was a Friday night news dump type of situation... or on some talk show, I saw that.

So, I think he was full of it and probably said that dubiously.

Not mentioned is Garry Kasparov, great chess champion, these people can't let go of this investigation. Garry is pretty bad on this.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2019, 05:16:16 pm »
LOL.  Not unless they changed all the laws recently.  FCC does not regulate Cable or whatever you mean by "wire."  Internet?  Hate to tell you this but a license is not required to operate TBR.  Facebook either.  Satellite probably.
------------------------------------
Since all are entitled to their opinions, we'll end it here.
For the record, a quote from the FCC site in DC:
"The Federal Communications Commission is responsible by law for managing and licensing
the broad electromagnetic spectrum for both commercial and nob-commercial users which
includes public safety, mobile wireless, broadcast television, radio, satellite and the internet."

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2019, 05:23:47 pm »
------------------------------------
Since all are entitled to their opinions, we'll end it here.
For the record, a quote from the FCC site in DC:
"The Federal Communications Commission is responsible by law for managing and licensing
the broad electromagnetic spectrum for both commercial and nob-commercial users which
includes public safety, mobile wireless, broadcast television, radio, satellite and the internet."

You are wise to drop it.  It's the first rule of digging a hole.
I will NOT comply.